Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion V - 3 warnings posted - Stay On Subject only!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Don't hold your breath. Sweeney could extend Chara yet another year.

This organization seems to prefer it's defense prospects to spend a few years in the AHL to gain professional experience.

Sure, but they also view Vaak as their 3rd best young player just behind McAvoy and Pasta. I think he is going to be much much closer to the McAvoy/Pasta plan than the Zboril/Senyshyn plan.

Reactions: FanSince72

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Sure, but they also view Vaak as their 3rd best young player just behind McAvoy and Pasta. I think he is going to be much much closer to the McAvoy/Pasta plan than the Zboril/Senyshyn plan.

Hopefully Vaaks goes to AHL for next season and is a regular NHL player on his +3 season.

Longterm,
Vaaks- McAvoy
Krug- Carlo
Gretzky
is the dream.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Based on his development this year, I think Little Z is the next kid up. He would have to outplay Grizz, McQ, and Miller (or the Top 3) to see regular NHL time, but as we know all too well, there are always injuries.

It will be interesting to see if the B’s would keep Zboril, UV, Lauzon, EJ or any of the young D as the 7th D over PRO. I’m not sure I see that?

I agree - I would much rather those guys all play every game in Providence rather than having any of them up in Boston just to sit every night. In my opinion, having them up in Boston just to sit would be a huge waste of an opportunity and a lot of crucial development time lost given the nature of the position and the learning curve needed.

Reactions: wintersej

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The 1990s version?

Wouldn't need to worry about a defense for awhile.

I think Vaaks- McAvoy& Krug- Carlo pairings would compliment each other very well. If Urho keeps developing.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Vaakanainen was named to finnish national team, so looks like he is not coming to P Bruins.

It's just first world championships training camp roster nothing else.
Only few guys ( if any at all ) on that roster will be Finland's official world championships team in May.

joujou

Jul 23, 2017
It's just first world championships training camp roster nothing else.
Only few guys ( if any at all ) on that roster will be Finland's official world championships team in May.

Yes I know that, and I don't think that he has any chance to world championships team.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Yes I know that, and I don't think that he has any chance to world championships team.

Yeah, it's hard to believe Vaakanainen has chances to make Finland's world championships team.
But anything can happen especially then if Vaakanainen has good training camp.

Last edited:

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Yeah, it's hard to believe Vaakanainen has chances to make Finland's world championships team.
But anything can happen especially then if Vaakanainen has good training camp.

Would be great for him to be around pro players in that type of environment, especially his peers but I'd be surprised if he made it as well.

Even if he was just in a depth role I think it would be good for him.

Thanks for the info though.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Would be great for him to be around pro players in that type of environment, especially his peers but I'd be surprised if he made it as well.

Even if he was just in a depth role I think it would be good for him.

Thanks for the info though.

I understand that Bruins fans wants to see Vaakanainen succeeding with national team.
And become good or very good NHL dman.

But keep in mind that Urho is still 19 yrs old.
And the competition on roster spots to world championships is very hard.

It's not end of the world if Urho doesn't make world championships team this year.
Remember that Urho's time in Finnish national team is coming in few years anyway when older players retire.

Reactions: DrJustice

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I understand that Bruins fans wants to see Vaakanainen succeeding with national team.
And become good or very good NHL dman.

But keep in mind that Urho is still 19 yrs old.
And the competition on roster spots to world championships is very hard.

It's not end of the world if Urho doesn't make world championships team this year.
Remember that Urho's time in Finnish national team is coming in few years anyway when older players retire.
Thank you for your insight, it is much appreciated!

Looking forward to seeing him at our dev camp in July if he doesn’t make WC’s.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
They seem to be rotating them so I'm sure they'll still dress a fair share of the vets.
True. When I saw them last week there were more on-ice huddles than I can remember at a game. Fine line between prospects galore and development. I wonder if they have enough vets/toughness to make a playoff run. Keep vets from preying on kids. I thought Wilson from WBS went out of his way to mess with Frederic a couple of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad