Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion V - 3 warnings posted - Stay On Subject only!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
10 goals, and 22 points have come from even strength. He doesn't get much of any PP time. I think what he's done as a 20 year old playing a limited role is good. Next year will be huge. I expect the team will put him in a top 6 role with PP time and hopefully his production only goes up. It should. He has all the skill for it to.

I completely agree. I bet he scores 30+ goals and 50+ points next year and then scores 15+ goals and 30+ points in the NHL the next year and goes on to be a consistent 30+ goal scorer

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Nice to see JFK get back on track after that injury.

His production had really slowed down but I'm still a big fan of him as a prospect, though between him, Frederic and Stud it's hard to pick as far as centers go.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Nice to see JFK get back on track after that injury.

His production had really slowed down but I'm still a big fan of him as a prospect, though between him, Frederic and Stud it's hard to pick as far as centers go.

Ya I'd be interested to know if the B's feel all will be NHL centers or if they start to work some on the wings.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Ya I'd be interested to know if the B's feel all will be NHL centers or if they start to work some on the wings.

Have to think one of them is going to win the 3C job next year. The Bs have so many wings I don’t think a position change is necessary or would help them get more ice time. They already have 7 NHL wingers for 6 spots.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Have to think one of them is going to win the 3C job next year. The Bs have so many wings I don’t think a position change is necessary or would help them get more ice time. They already have 7 NHL wingers for 6 spots.

LOL that's what makes it even crazier. All these young guys an not nearly enough spots. Even guys like Zboril, Lauzon & Vaak have a log-jam right now. Obviously some take longer to develop then others and we may not see some for another 3-4 years, but its still amazing how deep our prospect pool is.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

Wouldn't be shocked if Kuraly graduated to 3C and Noel takes over the 4C.

Not sure if any of our Providence guys will be ready next year.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Wouldn't be shocked if Kuraly graduated to 3C and Noel takes over the 4C.

Not sure if any of our Providence guys will be ready next year.

I could see Kurlay getting a bigger role, but I think they’ve gotta see what they have next year in JFK and maybe Frederic. Studnicka probably doesn’t factor in.

This is unless they sign Tavares. ;)

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Senyshyn is now on a 3 game point streak. 2G/1A over that span. He's up to 25 points in 65 games. I know there's some here who scoff at his low point totals, but I don't get how you can't keep an open mind about it, if you know his role this whole season. 3rd/4th line, playing with players who aren't the most offensively talented, and getting no special teams time. Also, battled some injuries as well, which can hinder a player.

Reactions: maxbme

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I would love to see Frederic make it as a center, but he definitely has the size and shot to play wing if necessary.

I agree I think he's got the chops to do both, but if he ends up a power LW I wouldn't be shocked either.

One thing he's got going for him as a C is teams seem to be trending more towards size/strength up the middle, and speed on the wings, pretty much the opposite of what we saw in the 90s when everyone wanted power wingers and the speed/skill at the C position.

Reactions: wintersej

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Boston, with its glut of LW in the system, may want to keep Frederic on the path to becoming a C, which is an area of relative weakness for the Bruins in terms of prospects.

True, but several of the LH shot guys (Heinen, Bjork, Donato) have already shown the ability to play the off side.

Personally, I love that the B's have so many kids that appear willing and able to play multiple forward positions.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Senyshyn is now on a 3 game point streak. 2G/1A over that span. He's up to 25 points in 65 games. I know there's some here who scoff at his low point totals, but I don't get how you can't keep an open mind about it, if you know his role this whole season. 3rd/4th line, playing with players who aren't the most offensively talented, and getting no special teams time. Also, battled some injuries as well, which can hinder a player.
They basically made a list of his strengths and areas he needed to work on and formulated a plan to address them

No blowing by 17 year olds to the outside

My belief is he ends up second line RW in Boston within a few years

It will be hilarious when we have the 2015 line DeBrusk-JFK-Senyshyn

Reactions: FanSince72

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
They basically made a list of his strengths and areas he needed to work on and formulated a plan to address them

No blowing by 17 year olds to the outside

My belief is he ends up second line RW in Boston within a few years

It will be hilarious when we have the 2015 line DeBrusk-JFK-Senyshyn

Will the crying stop? No...probably not haha...I would be excited for this though.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I was bored and wanted to compare Zach Senyshyn's production at even strength to Jake DeBrusk's production when he played at the AHL level last season. Here's what I found:

Zach Sensyhyn = 66GP -- 11G -- 14A -- 25PTS = 0.38 PPG
Jake DeBrusk = 74GP -- 12G -- 23A -- 35PTS = 0.47PPG

Keep in mind the roles these players played in during their first seasons. DeBrusk played a lot in the top 6 for Providence and had 14 special teams points, while we know Senyshyn played bottom 6 role with no ST time. With 8 less games, Senyshyn produced 1 less goal and 10 less points. But yes, continue to cry about how Senyshyn is a bust before stepping onto the NHL ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad