Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion V - 3 warnings posted - Stay On Subject only!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I was bored and wanted to compare Zach Senyshyn's production at even strength to Jake DeBrusk's production when he played at the AHL level last season. Here's what I found:

Zach Sensyhyn = 66GP -- 11G -- 14A -- 25PTS = 0.38 PPG
Jake DeBrusk = 74GP -- 12G -- 23A -- 35PTS = 0.47PPG

Keep in mind the roles these players played in during their first seasons. DeBrusk played a lot in the top 6 for Providence and had 14 special teams points, while we know Senyshyn played bottom 6 role with no ST time. With 8 less games, Senyshyn produced 1 less goal and 10 less points. But yes, continue to cry about how Senyshyn is a bust before stepping onto the NHL ice.

If you’re really bored, could you extrapolate those as per 60 numbers to get them on the same basis?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Great to see the young guns contributing and the next wave learning the game the right way, grit and skill.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Will the crying stop? No...probably not haha...I would be excited for this though.
It will never go away because it's easy to remember by the time the rooster crowed 3 times Don 'swing 'n a miss' Sweeney will have passed three times on Barzal

But he's going to hit on Senyshyn- my bud who's a better judge than me says Chris Kreider while others have said Michael Grabner

He's fast big and strong and is being tutored in being a complete player

I would think after 100+ AHL games he's bigger, faster, smarter, stronger, more confident and ready to see time in the NHL

200 pro games (he's over 60) he should be a top 9 RW likely second line

Reactions: HustleB

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Seems like Frederick has quickly adjusted to the AHL, could be fast-tracked to the B's.
He's got an advanced defensive game because that was his role in National Development program

He's big
He's a good skater
He can shoot

If he's got the Hockey smarts I would think so

Needs experience

I like the

Beginning
Middle
Season end

DeBrusk & Heinen made great strides

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
In two years time:

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pasta

DeBrusk -- Stud -- Donato

Heinen -- JFK -- Bjork

Fitzgerald -- Frederic -- Senyshyn

Vaakanainen -- McAvoy

Krug -- Carlo

Grz -- Zboril

Ill eat my shorts if Zboril turns out to be a 1st pairing Dman.

Just changed a couple things and bolded them to what I think will happen. Fitzgerald is having a great rookie season in the AHL. 21 goals 37 points, Vaakanainen seems to be an absolute HORSE on D. The rest looks pretty good.

I'd love to see the Bruins go draft an absolute sniper on the wing, the type of player they don't usually draft, take a risk, they can afford to.

Reactions: HustleB

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
In two years time:

Heinen -- JFK -- Bjork

Kuraly -- Frederic -- Senyshyn

Zboril -- McAvoy

Krug -- Carlo

Grz -- Miller

I think that most of those players will be in the lineup in two years' time, but some will, I think, be in different spots (e.g., Frederic as #2 C). Boston will inevitably make the transition to a fourth line of speed and skill—they have to make room for all these talented players, after all. On defense, I believe that Vaak will be McAvoy's partner and Zboril will be Carlo's. Will Krug still be here in two seasons? Lauzon should also be in the mix.

I'd love to see the Bruins go draft an absolute sniper on the wing, the type of player they don't usually draft, take a risk, they can afford to.

Such as Senyshyn?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
In two years time:

Heinen -- JFK -- Bjork

Kuraly -- Frederic -- Senyshyn

Zboril -- McAvoy

Krug -- Carlo

Grz -- Miller
Meh. Not sure that happens but I think they have room to bring up most of the prospects. Problem is they need tough players. They are mostly skill players. I think one trade will happen at least.
Right now they need room for:
Donato
Bjork
Frederic
Senyshyn
Zboril
Lauzon
JFK

Who is not coming back in one year?
Nash
Nash
Wingels
Schaller
Who’s not coming back in 2 years?
Krejci
McQuaid
Chara
Backes

So they need 7 spots to possibly eight moving on. Hypothetical of course. Not sure the roster would be tough enough to win on a nightly basis if all of the kids make it. That’s why the majority here think trades must happen.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I don’t believe the AHL publishes TOI numbers, so that would be impossible.

I assumed it was going to be a tall task and probably impossible. It would definitely require some serious boredom.

A little bit off-topic, but how do they track TOI in the NHL? Seems like a really difficult job for someone or somebodies. Is "close enough" acceptable?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I assumed it was going to be a tall task and probably impossible. It would definitely require some serious boredom.

A little bit off-topic, but how do they track TOI in the NHL? Seems like a really difficult job for someone or somebodies. Is "close enough" acceptable?

I believe the teams do track the ice in the AHL, but don’t make it public and use it for their own purposes.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Meh. Not sure that happens but I think they have room to bring up most of the prospects. Problem is they need tough players. They are mostly skill players. I think one trade will happen at least.
Right now they need room for:
Donato
Bjork
Frederic
Senyshyn
Zboril
Lauzon
JFK

Who is not coming back in one year?
Nash
Nash
Wingels
Schaller
Who’s not coming back in 2 years?
Krejci
McQuaid
Chara
Backes

So they need 7 spots to possibly eight moving on. Hypothetical of course. Not sure the roster would be tough enough to win on a nightly basis if all of the kids make it. That’s why the majority here think trades must happen.
I would say of all the players you listed as who won't be back I'd say all of the above if they hit free agency. Backes and Krejci will be Bruins until their contracts expire.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I would say of all the players you listed as who won't be back I'd say all of the above if they hit free agency. Backes and Krejci will be Bruins until their contracts expire.
On the second year, I tried to think of who they would need to dump. Your probably right. The second year will be difficult.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

I highly doubt that. The next season will most likely be Krejci's last in Boston, and perhaps Backes will be moved after next year too. Room has to be made for all these prospects. I expect, for example, Bjork to be a regular again, and Donato and JFK/Frederic could also make the club out of camp next year.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I think that most of those players will be in the lineup in two years' time, but some will, I think, be in different spots (e.g., Frederic as #2 C). Boston will inevitably make the transition to a fourth line of speed and skill—they have to make room for all these talented players, after all. On defense, I believe that Vaak will be McAvoy's partner and Zboril will be Carlo's. Will Krug still be here in two seasons? Lauzon should also be in the mix.

Such as Senyshyn?
I don't think id class Senyshyn as a sniper.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I highly doubt that. The next season will most likely be Krejci's last in Boston, and perhaps Backes will be moved after next year too. Room has to be made for all these prospects. I expect, for example, Bjork to be a regular again, and Donato and JFK/Frederic could also make the club out of camp next year.

No one will take backes at his money. They are stuck with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad