Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion V - 3 warnings posted - Stay On Subject only!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Tampere
Hey could you tell me, how has Koppanen looked in Providence. What do you think ya'll do with him next season. Send him back to Ilves or keep him in AHL?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

hard to tell, while it appeared initially like he was passing it, it also looked in a few other times I watched like the D-man got his stick a bit? I dunno, either way, I`m encouraged seeing this, seen some clips over the last few weeks where were watching this kid play with confidence

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

The wheel this kid has is amazing. Maybe one day he and DeBrusk aka "DaMan" will be on a line together. It would be so much speed and the ability for quick counter attacks would be interesting. If Seny rounds out his d-game and you pair that with DeBrusk's fore checking....ya lol

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
might be a reach but I could see him starting as a 4th line RW next year if his D game is up to it. I think we just saw what a speedster like Kapenen can bring to the game when up against 5/6 D

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Damn, I hope Gabrielle hits the gym hard over the summer and comes to camp in "beast mode"

Love the kids game back in PG and if he can be the same player with more maturity, and pick his spots he will be a gamer just like BM63

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
might be a reach but I could see him starting as a 4th line RW next year if his D game is up to it. I think we just saw what a speedster like Kapenen can bring to the game when up against 5/6 D

Might be an interesting option for him in September if he has rounded out his game.

Overall though but I'd rather he get top 6 time in Providence than bottom six NHL minutes.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Damn, I hope Gabrielle hits the gym hard over the summer and comes to camp in "beast mode"

Love the kids game back in PG and if he can be the same player with more maturity, and pick his spots he will be a gamer just like BM63

we`ll see, the competition for spots up front will likely be fierce, he`ll have to do some pretty special things

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Hey Guys,

Anyone here know anything about Emil Johansson? I own him in a fantasy league but have little info on him as there really is not much published info online. He got into 50 some games for Providence this past year and is only 21 so is there so upside there?

Anyone have a scouting report?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Given that the Bruins signed Connor Clifton to a two year deal, it is good to see Leach give him good marks. Clearly the organization thinks they may have something with him- at least as a depth player. Interesting that Divver doesn't see anyone pushing for a job with the big club next year, though.

When it comes to Providence, I always defer to Mark. But I have to agree with him.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
When it comes to Providence, I always defer to Mark. But I have to agree with him.

I guess I should clarify that he was talking about P-Bruins rookies and not necessarily guys like Czarnik, Zane, or Blidh. I think it's great that the rookies are progressing well, they can't all be JDB and in this day and age of microwave results, it is easy to forget that 2-3+ development curves used to be the norm :)

Reactions: Dom - OHL

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I guess I should clarify that he was talking about P-Bruins rookies and not necessarily guys like Czarnik, Zane, or Blidh. I think it's great that the rookies are progressing well, they can't all be JDB and in this day and age of microwave results, it is easy to forget that 2-3+ development curves used to be the norm :)

I love reading MD’s columns and he knows far more about the PB’s kids than I do. That being said, I believe the Bruins will have three openings (at least) next year with both Nashes and Schaller likely gone.

One would think that Bjork and Donato will likely have the inside track on two spots, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there is pressure from JFK, Fitz, Frederic, and maybe even Senyshyn. It’s not inconceivable that one of the PRO rookies from this year makes the team.

Reactions: Estlin

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I love reading MD’s columns and he knows far more about the PB’s kids than I do. That being said, I believe the Bruins will have three openings (at least) next year with both Nashes and Schaller likely gone.

One would think that Bjork and Donato will likely have the inside track on two spots, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there is pressure from JFK, Fitz, Frederic, and maybe even Senyshyn. It’s not inconceivable that one of the PRO rookies from this year makes the team.

Oh for sure- I am hopeful one of them will just have a killer camp and force the team to give him a roster spot. I think Cehlarik is a guy that *should* lock one of those spots up if he can stay healthy. Of all of them, excepting Bjork, his game looks the most NHL ready to me. Czarnik, if they re-sign him, has a good shot too. I think it will be a fun camp this summer, and yeah, JFK or Fitz or one of the rookies could definitely steal the show!

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Oh for sure- I am hopeful one of them will just have a killer camp and force the team to give him a roster spot. I think Cehlarik is a guy that *should* lock one of those spots up if he can stay healthy. Of all of them, excepting Bjork, his game looks the most NHL ready to me. Czarnik, if they re-sign him, has a good shot too. I think it will be a fun camp this summer, and yeah, JFK or Fitz or one of the rookies could definitely steal the show!

The time may not be now, but at some point, one would think that Sweeney is going to have to cash in some of these prospect “chips” or run the risk of losing them for nothing.

Reactions: Dr Hook

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The time may not be now, but at some point, one would think that Sweeney is going to have to cash in some of these prospect “chips” or run the risk of losing them for nothing.

We saw it last year with Subban (yes I know there are those that never believed in Subban - but you know I have stuck with him from the beginning Joe).

And to me, the thing to watch is Zane McIntyre. Is he ready? Do they give him a shot? What if they do and he's not ready?

Because the Bruins will be in the same boat with Zane as they were with Subban come October.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I got turned onto Divver by either Dom or another fan here, love his work. Great article. Really like reading when speaking about Senyshyn that he`s a kid who works hard and is coachable, big keys, no clue what that translates into down the road but good to read.

We`ll see what happens when camp opens next year if any of the prospects are able to make that jump

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
We saw it last year with Subban (yes I know there are those that never believed in Subban - but you know I have stuck with him from the beginning Joe).

And to me, the thing to watch is Zane McIntyre. Is he ready? Do they give him a shot? What if they do and he's not ready?

Because the Bruins will be in the same boat with Zane as they were with Subban come October.

Z-Mac has been wildly inconsistent. At times he has been unbeatable and at others prone to soft goals. This seems to be a common issue with younger goalies, and by all accounts he’s a very hard worker.

I’m torn on this one. Doby has been great this year and we have seen the importance of having a good back up this year. On the other hand, I think the B’s need to acquire or develop Rask’s successor at some point soon.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Forgot about Cehlarik. Not intentional, I just don’t factor him in as much as some of the other guys because he can’t seem to stay on the ice. Hopefully, he can shake that injury bug.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Forgot about Cehlarik. Not intentional, I just don’t factor him in as much as some of the other guys because he can’t seem to stay on the ice. Hopefully, he can shake that injury bug.

i'm not a big cehlarik fan. think he'll play in the NHL, but not sure why people salivate over the guy.
big body, meh skater, oft-injured. definitely skilled guy but i'd be ok moving him out for a draft pick. seems to be a minority opinion.

also think t-freddy is gonna make a real push for a job in the fall.

Reactions: HustleB and Estlin

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
i'm not a big cehlarik fan. think he'll play in the NHL, but not sure why people salivate over the guy.
big body, meh skater, oft-injured. definitely skilled guy but i'd be ok moving him out for a draft pick. seems to be a minority opinion.

also think t-freddy is gonna make a real push for a job in the fall.

I think Cehlarik has the tools, plus he’s one of the few “big” F’s in the system. The B’s need a few of those to work with the Bjork’s and Donato’s of the world. I really like his game from the dots in. Whether he can stay healthy is another matter. There was a window at the beginning of the year where other teams were supposedly very interested in dealing for Cehlarik. It might have been better if they dealt him then while there was demand?

I’m with you on T-Freddie (I think I may start calling him T-Rex and see if it sticks lol).

Was skeptical of the pick at first, then did some research, talked to his parents at camp, watched him grow offensively at Wisconsin the last two years. He has size, appears to have a good work ethic (comes from a family of athletes) and support base.

One of the questions for me, in regards to having him start in Boston on the Bottom 3/6 ala Marchand, was how physical he could be. It’s always hard to tell with the NCAA guys because there is no fighting. From what I saw in some Wisconsin games (he went at it with Lindgren all game vs UMinn in a game I watched) and from what Mark D tweeted about some events in PRO...he appears to have the ability and desire to play a chippy game. If he can do this effectively (along with the normal hockey stuff), he could be a candidate to replace Schaller or Nash.

Reactions: Top Shelf Wrister
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad