Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion V - 3 warnings posted - Stay On Subject only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Z-Mac has been wildly inconsistent. At times he has been unbeatable and at others prone to soft goals. This seems to be a common issue with younger goalies, and by all accounts he’s a very hard worker.

I’m torn on this one. Doby has been great this year and we have seen the importance of having a good back up this year. On the other hand, I think the B’s need to acquire or develop Rask’s successor at some point soon.

I think they really need to try and get Khudobin signed to a extension of 2-years. I think it's do-able.

Bridge the gap between now and hopefully at least one of Vlader/Swayman/Keyser can take on that apprentice role. Ideally you'd like to have one of them as the back-up in Rask's final season before he's UFA, hence the two-years for Dobby. If none are ready (very well possible), cross that bridge than with a stop-gap measure.

McIntyre at this point is a non-factor to me. I don't want to run the risk of banking on him as the back-up next year if he's not up to the task. Quality back-up netminding is crucial in today's NHL like you said.

If he gets claimed on waivers next Oct., I'm not terribly concerned about losing a 26-year old netminder whose yet to crack the NHL on a full-time basis. I don't ever see Zane as potential successor to Rask.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I think they really need to try and get Khudobin signed to a extension of 2-years. I think it's do-able.

Bridge the gap between now and hopefully at least one of Vlader/Swayman/Keyser can take on that apprentice role. Ideally you'd like to have one of them as the back-up in Rask's final season before he's UFA, hence the two-years for Dobby. If none are ready (very well possible), cross that bridge than with a stop-gap measure.

McIntyre at this point is a non-factor to me. I don't want to run the risk of banking on him as the back-up next year if he's not up to the task. Quality back-up netminding is crucial in today's NHL like you said.

If he gets claimed on waivers next Oct., I'm not terribly concerned about losing a 26-year old netminder whose yet to crack the NHL on a full-time basis. I don't ever see Zane as potential successor to Rask.
I'm starting to share this view, I never thought Zane would be a starter but I felt he could make a good backup, this season has me doubting that. I would like to see him get a shot but considering he didn't even get a game this year its definitely taking a risk to count on him to be a backup especially after a subpar season in the AHL. Hopefully one of the other kids will be able to step up in a couple of years.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'm starting to share this view, I never thought Zane would be a starter but I felt he could make a good backup, this season has me doubting that. I would like to see him get a shot but considering he didn't even get a game this year its definitely taking a risk to count on him to be a backup especially after a subpar season in the AHL. Hopefully one of the other kids will be able to step up in a couple of years.

I agree with you and @BruinDust on this. I don't see how they don't sign Dobby to a two year extension. Not unless Sweeney has ideas about a move before July 1 to bring a young backup in that can do Dobby's job.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Damn, I hope Gabrielle hits the gym hard over the summer and comes to camp in "beast mode"

Love the kids game back in PG and if he can be the same player with more maturity, and pick his spots he will be a gamer just like BM63

Its not about strength. He is already really strong

Hockey IQ is just average.

A season or two down at providence hopefully helps his game out

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Kind of like another Ryan Lindgren from what I noticed

strong lower body, good skater, some good offensive skills

Good signing

lindgren? clifton is nothing like him. right shot, puck mover, offensive guy, tons of energy.
he's a verrrrrrrrrrrrry poor man's dan boyle, that sort of style.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
lindgren? clifton is nothing like him. right shot, puck mover, offensive guy, tons of energy.
he's a verrrrrrrrrrrrry poor man's dan boyle, that sort of style.

What you think Lindgren is...a dud?

Until Clifton shows more offensive production from the AHL level, not sure you can say he is an "offensive guy"

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
What you think Lindgren is...a dud?

Until Clifton shows more offensive production from the AHL level, not sure you can say he is an "offensive guy"

i'm saying they aren't similar players. lindgren is a defensive defenseman that can skate and play physical.
clifton was almost a rover when the season began, did a nice job of learning how to defend but still has
a ways to go. but he's definitely a skill defenseman, numbers or not.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
i'm saying they aren't similar players. lindgren is a defensive defenseman that can skate and play physical.
clifton was almost a rover when the season began, did a nice job of learning how to defend but still has
a ways to go. but he's definitely a skill defenseman, numbers or not.

ok I see what you mean

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
When is the plan for Sweeney to sign Vaaka?

Play at Prov? Or let him develop where he is at then do a hard transfer to parent team?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Play at Prov? Or let him develop where he is at then do a hard transfer to parent team?
I think he’s expected to come over for next season. If he does, I absolutely put him in Providence to acclimate him to the NA style and ice.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014

My guess is that they traded Lindgren because they watched Urho this year and thought 'yes, we were right, this is our guy'.

One thing to remember is that he only turned 19 four months ago. Chara, Krug & Grizz are the answer for now. I think 2019-20 will be his year, aged 21. Or perhaps the year after that.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
My guess is that they traded Lindgren because they watched Urho this year and thought 'yes, we were right, this is our guy'.

One thing to remember is that he only turned 19 four months ago. Chara, Krug & Grizz are the answer for now. I think 2019-20 will be his year, aged 21. Or perhaps the year after that.
I feel old reading that he’s only 19.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I feel old reading that he’s only 19.

Tell me about it! As someone who fairly recently hit the 30 mark, I feel ya.

I look forward to the day when the kid of a current Bruin suits up (looking at you, Zach Bergeron) so that I can feel totally ancient.

Then again, time is just an illusory concept. But let's not get into that!

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Tell me about it! As someone who fairly recently hit the 30 mark, I feel ya.

I look forward to the day when the kid of a current Bruin suits up (looking at you, Zach Bergeron) so that I can feel totally ancient.

Then again, time is just an illusory concept. But let's not get into that!
For some reason I thought he was at least 21.

Aside from the recent group of draftees, our prospect pool is older and more seasoned than previous years which I like.

One prospect I’m looking forward to seeing is Oskar Steen.

PJ Axelsson was apparently banging the table when he saw he was available. to me, that speaks volumes when a guy like Axy is that vocal.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Not sure where to put this but I wonder how much interest the Bruins have in signing Mason Jobst (center) out of Miami Ohio.

He was fantastic in Dev Camp last summer and I know Mark Divver has hinted that the Bruins were interested at the time.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
For some reason I thought he was at least 21.

Aside from the recent group of draftees, our prospect pool is older and more seasoned than previous years which I like.

One prospect I’m looking forward to seeing is Oskar Steen.

PJ Axelsson was apparently banging the table when he saw he was available. to me, that speaks volumes when a guy like Axy is that vocal.

PJ was supposedly banging the table for Berglund last year as well? Maybe he just likes banging on the draft table and doesn’t realize the B’s are drafting guys based on this?

:laugh:

Seriously, I liked Steen in the WJC’s a lot, but he’s under contract again next year in the SHL and I would like see him put up more points (he only had 4g/2a in 45 games) and then come over in 19/20 when his deal with Farjestad is done.

Last edited:

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I don't want to see them bank on Z Mac. either but I have a concern, I do not know the answer, I just have questions. Is he being brought along the same way Subban was being brought along? Are the Bruins still employing one goalie coach for their entire system? As soon as Subban received steady NHL goaltender coaching he seemed to be a different player. Would Rask be better than he is if there was a full time NHL goaltending coach if there is in fact only one for the entire system? Is the Bruins goaltending system a problem?

Again, I do not know the answers, I only have questions, does anyone else know the answer to these questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad