Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion IV - Mod warning 565

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
I remember coming to this thread in the past to come see how our prospects are developing and seeing useful information and updates. Now its just full of bickering and complaining about picks #13-15.

Can anyone post actual updates on prospects. How are the kids in the OHL,WHL, overseas and the NCAA .Thanks

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
I remember coming to this thread in the past to come see how our prospects are developing and seeing useful information and updates. Now its just full of bickering and complaining about picks #13-15.

Can anyone post actual updates on prospects. How are the kids in the OHL,WHL, overseas and the NCAA .Thanks
The irony of this is not lost on me

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
How has Donato looked? Pierre keeps bringing him up like he's the second coming. Will he be a Hoby Baker finalist this year?

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014

This thread is a lot better when Fonzerelli is around. I haven't seen him on here for ages.

Reactions: bme44

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
This thread is a lot better when Fonzerelli is around. I haven't seen him on here for ages.
It's early - he doesn't have enough data I believe to form opinions. A lot of analytics guys I don't think watch games but look at data for trends, age and league comparisons

I'm not an analytics guy but I think you want to have enough statistical information to make an assessment of a player

I bet he will be around in early March

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
How has Donato looked? Pierre keeps bringing him up like he's the second coming. Will he be a Hoby Baker finalist this year?
I saw him play a few games back. He was at center and I wasn't crazy about him there. He won the majority of his draws, but he'd fly the zone early like 1st year Seguin used to do, and if the breakout pass didn't come (and it usually didn't) they'd be shorthanded while he circled and got back into the play. The kid is filthy skilled, though. He's their Pastrnak. Super elusive with the puck, can beat you with a pass or straight up 1on1. Plays the point on their PP like Krejci used to do which was an interesting spot for him, I would have preferred to see him on a flank like Stamkos/Kucherov but it works, and he's free to roam and create motion which he does.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

This is noted and I hope the conversation is back on track. Numerous posts about players who are NOT Bruins prospects have been deleted.

Going forward, this thread will not contain trade rumours or stat updates on other teams’ players or about how much they hate Don Sweeney, etc. If people insist off-topic posting anyway, those posts will be deleted and warnings/infractions will be handed out.

This is a thread that is meant to keep tabs on our young players playing outside of Boston. Let’s maintain that integrity.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I'm still not sure a lot of fans know who he is, or that the Bruins signed this kid as a free agent at the start of the season. Jack Studnicka's teammate in Oshawa, goaltender Kyle Keyser.

At the least, he has all the tools to be a solid NHL backup. But his development has come to a standstill.

He suffered the dreaded upper body injury early in the season and missed two games. He suffered a second upper body injury (this one is definitely a concussion) and has missed almost the entire month of November. He was run into and flipped over, landing on his head in a game November 5. He laid motionless on the ice for some time.

The Genies have acquired two other goaltenders this season and have made it public that they will carry 3 goaltenders once Keyser returns.

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

BruinsNetwork

I’ll be writing an update and sharing the link to my site soon. But for now, here’s some updates to hold you over:

Frederic: He’s slowly become one of my favorite prospects in the system. As a big, strong & skilled two-way center, he’s a force on the ice in the NCAA. Recently (this weekend,) he was “demoted” to the third line. I put “demoted” in quotes because it wasn’t much to do with his play, rather because his teammates are extremely hot and were awarded the top-6 positions. He should be a key part of the 2018 WJC for USA, though. Many, myself included, had him pegged wrong following the draft. He’s drawn many comparisons to a young David Backes, I see no reason to questions those comparables. He can set up goals, score them himself & throw big hits. That’s a rare skill set for a player who’s naturally as big and athletic as him.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Leach: “Seny’s really been open to everything we’ve talked about. He’s willing to take any sort of role. We started him on the third or fourth line and he’s worked his way up and down the lineup. He’s worked his way onto the power play. There have been nights when he’s been penalty killing. He’s done everything that we’ve asked and he’s done a nice job. In years past I think he’s been more on the outside with wide speed. We’ve tried to get him to get on the inside and he’s completely willing to do so. He’s done a lot and we’re encouraged to see where it goes. Nothing but positives.’’

I like hearing that about seny. kids willing to work. especially since people pegged him as a waste.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I like hearing that about seny. kids willing to work. especially since people pegged him as a waste.
It would not surprise me if JFK and Senyshyn are both in Boston's lineup next October

The two young D are being coached on consistency but with different objectives

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I’ll be writing an update and sharing the link to my site soon. But for now, here’s some updates to hold you over:

Frederic: He’s slowly become one of my favorite prospects in the system. As a big, strong & skilled two-way center, he’s a force on the ice in the NCAA. Recently (this weekend,) he was “demoted” to the third line. I put “demoted” in quotes because it wasn’t much to do with his play, rather because his teammates are extremely hot and were awarded the top-6 positions. He should be a key part of the 2018 WJC for USA, though. Many, myself included, had him pegged wrong following the draft. He’s drawn many comparisons to a young David Backes, I see no reason to questions those comparables. He can set up goals, score them himself & throw big hits. That’s a rare skill set for a player who’s naturally as big and athletic as him.
I really appreciate the updates, can't wait to see how this kid continues to develop.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA

IMO, he's been one of the two best players at development camp every year since he was drafted. Usually the guys that dominate that camp show very well when they get to the NHL camps so the future is indeed bright with this kid. Very slick/skilled 1on1 player. Should absolutely be a Hobby Baker finalist.

Reactions: Spooner st
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad