Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Zboril will be a bust. they should package him to get someone like Brodin. He has talent but no heart. character misread by management

There is an entire thread in March emphatically stating Charlie McAvoy was overrated and would need at least a year in the AHL but even then was not capable of running the PP,

I like the poster a lot so that was a bummer to read

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
FWIW, I think there are a lot of 18-20 year old where "consistency" is a big ask.

Doesn't mean they'll never be players. It's a skill they have to learn. Get him in an environment with seasoned professionals, and see what happens.

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
FWIW, I think there are a lot of 18-20 year old where "consistency" is a big ask.

Doesn't mean they'll never be players. It's a skill they have to learn. Get him in an environment with seasoned professionals, and see what happens.

Like Pasta who scored 30 but still had that huge drought in the middle of the season.

He wasn;t producing but still worked his butt off every night because the Bruins have a solid work ethic.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
i think it's a legitimate concern about zboril. i also think there's a possibility he was just bored playing junior hockey. i hope it is the latter, but he's probably the first notable prospect i would move in a big deal.

This is particularly interesting to me. Not being in person, and maybe this is best responded to by Mr Odaat, but did this kid raise his game at all in the bigger games or playoffs?

Would he have been better served in a different environment (team culture) or league (Euro men's)?

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Last time the Bruins dealt a young player because of heart and consistency reasons, that was Seguin. They got bad return then and will get bad return here if they deal now.

Not that Zboril will ever be that good but I hope the Bruins at least try him out before selling low. Otherwise we will turn into the Canadians, giving away young D for pennies on the dollar. (Hamilton for a half dollar and two quarters but jury still out if it pays out)

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
Last time the Bruins dealt a young player because of heart and consistency reasons, that was Seguin. They got bad return then and will get bad return here if they deal now.

Not that Zboril will ever be that good but I hope the Bruins at least try him out before selling low. Otherwise we will turn into the Canadians, giving away young D for pennies on the dollar. (Hamilton for a half dollar and two quarters but jury still out if it pays out)

I would argue it was Hamilton and if Senyshyn, JFK and Lauzon continue at their current pace of development, Calgary got robbed.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Thought his character was what had him drop down to the mid first and made him available.

This is wrong.

Zboril was always considered a mid-first round pick and the 4th Dman in that draft class, behind Hanifin, Provorov, and Werenski. Given that the B's greatest area of need was D, he was linked to the B's at 13 in a lot of mock drafts.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
The ghosts of prospects past

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...urce=bostonherald&utm_medium=trending_stories

This story will send a shiver down your spine. Some of these names probably still keep Harry and Chia up at night. Poor Harry probably has to go use the bathroom at least three times anyways.

I'm still unsure whether Evgeny Ryabchikov ever really existed. In the 90's, they may have been getting phone reports of his performance from some dude named 'Peggy'.....

Ess_37

Aug 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...urce=bostonherald&utm_medium=trending_stories

This story will send a shiver down your spine. Some of these names probably still keep Harry and Chia up at night. Poor Harry probably has to go use the bathroom at least three times anyways.

I'm still unsure whether Evgeny Ryabchikov ever really existed. In the 90's, they may have been getting phone reports of his performance from some dude named 'Peggy'.....

I don't read many articles from the Boston Herald, but are the website articles usually littered with spelling and formatting errors like this? Exampes like "Yuro Alexandrov" and "Cory Sorich" just to name a few.

Otherwise, I remember Lars Jonsson around here when he didn't sign with the B's. I know I was extremely disappointed that he didn't sign in Boston and went to Philadelphia. Looking back, nothing of substance was lost (other than not drafting someone better at #7 in 2000).

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I would argue it was Hamilton and if Senyshyn, JFK and Lauzon continue at their current pace of development, Calgary got robbed.

Current pace? They have one collective pro game between them. And Dougie was arguably the Flames best d-man this year. I'm pretty sure they aren't losing sleep over that trade.

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
Current pace? They have one collective pro game between them. And Dougie was arguably the Flames best d-man this year. I'm pretty sure they aren't losing sleep over that trade.

Why do I feel if HFBoards were around in the 80s there would be a strong contingent of people whining because that Neely guy hasn't proven anything and Pederson is an "impact" player so this trade sucks?

Maybe we can just once consider the possibility of the future of the Hockey's Future board?? Please?? Looking at the positive development and using a little patience makes the Hamilton trade look like it could be awesome in the long run for a team in the midst of cap hell and realistically 3-5 years from being competitive. Now we are at 3 years and all three look like they could at least push for a slot.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

Maybe Fenway or Wally can confirm this, but I heard an interview with Martin Broduer when he retired and he said the Bruins were going to take him at 21. Remember that year Kidd was the big goalie and the Flames traded up to NJ pick to get him. Apparently Broduers pops and Lou Lams had a mutual friend so they knew they only needed to stay ahead of Boston, as Marty was not highly regarded as a first round choice. Loose lips sink ships.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Why do I feel if HFBoards were around in the 80s there would be a strong contingent of people whining because that Neely guy hasn't proven anything and Pederson is an "impact" player so this trade sucks?

Maybe we can just once consider the possibility of the future of the Hockey's Future board?? Please?? Looking at the positive development and using a little patience makes the Hamilton trade look like it could be awesome in the long run for a team in the midst of cap hell and realistically 3-5 years from being competitive. Now we are at 3 years and all three look like they could at least push for a slot.

Hey I look forward to watching those kids as much as the next guy, and there were certainly other factors involved in that trade (ie would he have even signed here), but that said it's still 3 lottery tickets for a 50 point d-man that was 1/2 of perhaps the best pairing in the league this year. Odds are maybe 1 of those 3 guys becomes a legit NHL player, and very long odds one of them becomes an NHL player as good as Hamilton.

Sweeney has given out a lot worse contracts than the one Hamilton signed (again not saying he would have signed that deal in Boston), so the whole "cap hell" argument is a red herring.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/b...ending_stories

I wasn't a fan of Hamilton's but 3 maybes aren't as good as an established top 4 D, regardless of the holes in his game.

There are way more Zach Hamills and Lars Jonssons than David Pastrnaks in the Bruins drafting history, there is no real reason to think that will change. Take the top 15 prospects people are over hyping and if the Bruins are very lucky 5 become NHL regulars and one becomes and impact player. That five would include 4th liners and bottom pair D.

As far as Zboril goes, as I mentioned, I haven't seen enough of him to really make any kind of judgment on him. I do feel there is no way he makes the team next year like somebody suggested unless the Bruins start the season with 5 injured D

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Lindgren and Frederic are invites to the USA World Junior summer camp. There are also several names that are among the more popular selections for many posters here as a possible first round choice for the Bruins. World Tournament will be held in Buffalo in December and will feature a first ever outdoor game between rival US and Canada. Article from NBC sports.

http://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/show/3449763-2017-wjss-u-s-full-roster

EDIT: Hockey Canada announces its summer invites. No current Bruins picks on the list but again several of the more popular names for this years entry draft are.

http://www.tsn.ca/hockey-canada-unveils-wjc-summer-roster-1.784405

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad