Prospect Info: Bruins Prospect Thread Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
well I was looking for some feedback from some Boston locals that know whats going on with him.. and not just stuff I read on internet. Cause some sites have him in Boston for the year, some say hes a forsure goner and some say he wil have 1 or 2 game audition... just curious is all... there was so much hype with him before his injury and now the Pastrnak news has quieted right down

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
well I was looking for some feedback from some Boston locals that know whats going on with him.. and not just stuff I read on internet. Cause some sites have him in Boston for the year, some say hes a forsure goner and some say he wil have 1 or 2 game audition... just curious is all... there was so much hype with him before his injury and now the Pastrnak news has quieted right down

The reason he probably won't stick around is because it would be unfair to the other guys who were healthy all preseason and have been fighting for spots. The fact he's smallish and got hurt in a scrimmage probably told management he needs some more developing. Chiarelli recently hinted he would go back to Sweden. He would have to really wow coaches in his 1 or 2 games in to make the club

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Thanks to our Swedish friends for their report :handclap:

About Pastrnak, I doubt management care about being "fair". If he impress enough he'll be there. The problem is, he now doesn't have alot of time to do so.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Thanks to our Swedish friends for their report :handclap:

About Pastrnak, I doubt management care about being "fair". If he impress enough he'll be there. The problem is, he now doesn't have alot of time to do so.

I would guess if he follows up his strong practices with strong game performances tonight (and tomorrow?), they could always keep him around for 9 games if it's warranted.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Arnesson is back in Sweden playing now. First game today. Playing on the 1st pairing on the worst team in the league. Should be good for him.

"Linus Arnesson led Djurgården in ice time last night (22:59) in his first game back. No other player broke 20:00."

https://twitter.com/zellenthal/status/517947458920652800

Doesn't offer insight into how he played but it's a good sign that he is being trusted with so much ice time in the SHL.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
3-0 and he had 5 assists? That is amazing!

They won 12-1. A converted defenseman Ahti Oksanen, scored 4 goals.

Danton Heinen had an assist in his first college scrimmage game against McGill. Saw the video update, I guess he was the second assist as he didn't show up in the video. Might have been the guy who dug the puck out of the corner.

Wilbur*

I've read Emil Johansson is playing solid top 4 mins for HV71. Can anyone provide any info?

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Mitch Dempsey has 7 points in 7 games so far for Saint John. Amazing what being given a role he can play has done for the guy so far (his previous career high was 5 for Plymouth and Sault Ste Marie)

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Mitch Dempsey has 7 points in 7 games so far for Saint John. Amazing what being given a role he can play has done for the guy so far (his previous career high was 5 for Plymouth and Sault Ste Marie)

From what I understand he really got his head screwed on straight and devoted himself to improving his game.

The change to the Q will really benefit Mitchell, I don't think we've heard the last from him as a prospect.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Testing to see his defensive game before a call-up perhaps??

Matt Kalman ‏@TheBruinsBlog 19m
Seth Griffith knows how to speak "Bruins." Played C tonight for first time since juniors. "Something to have in my TOOL BOX I guess."

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Testing to see his defensive game before a call-up perhaps??

Matt Kalman ‏@TheBruinsBlog 19m
Seth Griffith knows how to speak "Bruins." Played C tonight for first time since juniors. "Something to have in my TOOL BOX I guess."

My money is on Pastrnak getting called up before Griff but I could see them call them both up and send Spooner and Fraser down.

member 96824

If you told me last year that Griffith and whoever we draft with our first will be better options than Spooner and Fraser, I would have looked at you like you were high.

But I may agree...at least definitely on Fraser. Skating just is not there. Very useful player if he never left the slot but unfortunately that's a requirement in hockey

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
If you told me last year that Griffith and whoever we draft with our first will be better options than Spooner and Fraser, I would have looked at you like you were high.

But I may agree...at least definitely on Fraser. Skating just is not there. Very useful player if he never left the slot but unfortunately that's a requirement in hockey

We will see how things go tomorrow but I definitely think we will be making some changes for Monday's game.

Griff was excellent tonight and judging by the current needs of this team, he and Pasta have a slight edge over Koko in the call up queue.

If Cunningham starts to fall off, Koko is definitely the next one in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad