Bruins old and slow? Check the stats!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
A team that's constantly above average but never wins is one of the worst places to be in pro sports.
I dont know about that. Bruins have built a lecacy by being a defensive juggernaut close to two decades now on a sport where all other 31 teams yoyo around in the rankings.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I've never heard this about the Pens. The secret sauce for the Pens was being a crappy team at the right time,

Boston just manages to find gems left to right in all facets

Drafting guys like Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand, Lucic, Pastrnak, McAvoy and Swayman past the middle of the 1st round and beyond, to signing an undrafted former ECHL goalie Tim Thomas.

Signing a future Norris winner and perennial candidate in Zdeno Chara, to trading a Calder winner Raycroft for a prospect goalie in Tuuka Rask.

More recently, their amateur and pro scouting continues to be one of the best. Zacha, Coyle, Ullmark, Hampus Lindholm were all acquired through trading and free agency.

It remains to be seen, but I think drafting Lohrei (super bullish) and Poitras in the second round of their drafts will pay long term dividends.
It's not like nobody else wanted to sign Chara. He was probably the number one free agent that year. Happened to choose a team that missed the playoffs by a mile. That is a story that doesn't happen for Columbus or a Western Canadian team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad