Post-Game Talk: Bruins need OT to beat Sabres

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I am telling you I am convinced there are issues at management level where they do not see eye to eye and all the rumors going along with this is causing this team to play out of their comfort zone.

You could be right but I am not sure how or why that should translate to on ice performance.Every individual is responsible for his effort level regardless of what is going on upstairs.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Thanks for the curse! I owe you lots of beer.

I knew somebody must have put a curse on that despicable franchise since 93.

I am not just saying this, it is really true! I cursed them so strongly that I actually bruised my own arm doing it the first tiem ......there is a technique to this curse which involves a phrase that I must yell out and also a very strong hit to my own arm which I have tamed a little bit to avoid the heavy bruising to my arm.

It all worth it.....it makes me feel good and I sleep better at night too...:)

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I am not just saying this, it is really true! I cursed them so strongly that I actually bruised my own arm doing it the first tiem ......there is a technique to this curse which involves a phrase that I must yell out and also a very strong hit to my own arm which I have tamed a little bit to avoid the heavy bruising to my arm.

It all worth it.....it makes me feel good and I sleep better at night too...:)

DUDE , YOU ****ING awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
You could be right but I am not sure how or why that should translate to on ice performance.Every individual is responsible for his effort level regardless of what is going on upstairs.

What is going upstairs is one thing but because they may not be seeing eye to eye and the team not performing as well as they should there are rumors that begin to circulate that begin to get into the players heads which translates to players playing with more fog in their heads.

Obviously, this is pure speculation on my part but their down slide with the type of effort that is generated most games this year allows me to think this way..... right or wrong it is simply my speculation.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Couldn't believe Bart was gone for the game, first point of contact was shoulder and rode up, If Gionta wasn't such a smurf it wouldn't have been so bad. So god damn relieved the B's won this but I did not forecast it being that difficult, that first goal by Smitty is probably the worst waved off goal I have ever seen in my life. Go Bs

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
2pts, sure, it`s the Sabres (who have played well of late) and they were missing some bodies but at this stage, I`m beyond being picky about how this team wins, just bloody win and I`ll take it.

Nice tilt from Bart, boys scored more than 2 goals

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
WOW, some of those guys 'over there' are delirious.

Obvious 'predatory' 'head shot', puck was 'no where near him' and Bart got 'pounded' for it.

My version: Bart runs through smurf, incidentally keeps puck in the zone with skate during check and might have actually won that fight?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Whomever made the suicide pass owes Gionta a few dinners. It explains why it looked like Gionta came across the ice at full speed. Initially I thought he had tried to line Bart up for a hit.

The helicopter face plant was what really hurt him. Hope he's ok because I really do like him especially now that he's not a Hab.

I'll take the positives and move on.

Claude's right, you can't touch the third line.

We really need to do something about the 4th line tho. I'm absolutely terrified when they're on the ice. Paille and Campbell are like oil and water now. 0 chemistry.

member 96824

How much did 17-46-21 play together?

Was doing the fantastic 7 hour drive home and couldn't watch

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Nope. I thought Cunningham looked good up there especially with Looch riding shotgun. It seems like he got Looch to ramp it up a notch.

I miss the old Looch.

I thought Cunningham looked good on both lines.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I thought Cunningham looked good on both lines.

cunner is like a poor man's gallagher. bruins need a guy who is similar style but better player than cunner, and leave louis on line 3.
that scrappy, motor-never-stops type is good fit IMO.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Can't wait to get Stewart and Mezsaros for the playoff push and call it a day.

I really think Chiarelli has a chance of getting fired if we do nothing before or at the deadline and have a quick 1st round exit.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Happy they won, but at the risk of being labeled a "hater" (actually, I don't give a ****)...

People are really this encouraged by a last minute win at home against a terrible and not rested Buffalo team?

Loui looks better, and that's a huge plus for me. But winning last night has done nothing to change my perception of the state of this team.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
cunner is like a poor man's gallagher. bruins need a guy who is similar style but better player than cunner, and leave louis on line 3.
that scrappy, motor-never-stops type is good fit IMO.

I'd give him a shot on the 3rd line and Loui needs a real shot on line #1. I'd like to hear Claude's reasoning on last night's shuffling. Maybe Cunningham fails,maybe not. Maybe Loui doesn't jell with Krejci,I doubt that happens.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I don't want to trade valueable players, I want to trade overpaid players that haven't earned thier money,in some cases haven't earned thier money in a long time.

It's a joke that we need overtime to beat the Sabres playing without Myers, Foligno,Gionta.....wtf.

You forgot Moulson who is arguably their best winger.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
we won got two points far from happy that it took ot and a pulled Goalie. This team needs something and hopefully PC makes the right moves to right this ship.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
My version: Bart runs through smurf, incidentally keeps puck in the zone with skate during check and might have actually won that fight?

Don't care whether he won the fight or not ... the only important thing about the fight it self that he actually took it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad