Post-Game Talk: Bruins need OT to beat Sabres

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Per DJ Bean, here's what Krejci said before Haggs interrupted:

B5fSG3kIUAAbyXt.jpg

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Per DJ Bean, here's what Krejci said before Haggs interrupted:

B5fSG3kIUAAbyXt.jpg

You think we are pissed and bored to death of the Boston Bruins, try playing with Lucic on one side and an AHL call-up on the other every night.

It has gotten to the point where even the quiet and polite David Krejci is calling out management to get him a 1st line RW.

Arthur*

Not to pile on, but seriously, does anyone actually like Haggs? It feels like there's a universal distaste for him among the reading populace and severe disrespect from his peers in the media. With the amount of vitriol rightfully thrown his way, how does he still have access to cover the team? Does CSN think the controversy brings ratings and page hits?

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Not to pile on, but seriously, does anyone actually like Haggs? It feels like there's a universal distaste for him among the reading populace and severe disrespect from his peers in the media. With the amount of vitriol rightfully thrown his way, how does he still have access to cover the team? Does CSN think the controversy brings ratings and page hits?

Nope. I don't think anyone likes him, and rightfully so. I like CSNNE, but there are times where Haggs does a complete disservice to the CSNNE broadcast as a whole. Plus, it seems like almost no one on the Bruins beat can stand him.
He takes things out of context, uses illegitimate "sources", and almost tries to purposely piss off players in order to get more wrongful quotes for page views (like in this case with Krejci). If he ever quit like Dater did, I wouldn't shed a tear.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm still surprised that Haggs is still employed, given the national media attention that was drawn during the playoffs when he literally made stuff up, and admitted to it. He also threw his editors (or, at that hour, probably an intern) under the bus. IIRC, he basically said that he typed some stuff at 1 AM, hit "publish", "send", or whatever button he needed to push, and figured his editor would clean it up. Because good things always happen when you pass the buck without warning someone.

I think someone also said he literally had quotes around something that was not said, because a quotation disappeared in the corrected column. Inappropriate use of quotation marks should have made CSNNE review Haggs' "ability" to do the job.

Then again, he got national media attention - for a hockey writer in the US, that's hard, and any attention you can get, good or bad, helps. I guess I answered my own question. He's essentially the Kim Kardashian of hockey writers - and, no, that's not a butt joke.

And now, bursting in like Kool-Aid Man during a one-on-one? I know all writers covering a team are inherently competitors, but come ON. There were 18 other Bruins on the ice. Talk to one of them. Haggs needs time off. Just hope his time off is measured in games, not days - he gets 3 days off for free this week, anyway.

Bean's stuff on Krejci seems reasonable. It fits in with what I already know about Krejci - much more so than Haggs' obvious click-bait.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Haggs is, simply put, not a good person. Lack of talent is just icing on the cake

I remember I got **** on here for calling him out in a rant ...I think probably two years or more now. Some very intelligent albeit salty posters probably lost respect for me before I even earned any, but it didn't matter, I knew I was right. Glad everyone sees him for what he is now, a childish talentless rude loud mouth that loves to be the center of attention. Big pass.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I just lost all but little respect for Haggerty for writing a blog about Krejci's "outburst". FWIW, Krejci's "outburst" didn't sound bad when I saw it on CSNNE, he was actually calm and collected haha.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Dear David,

You are the Boston Bruins offense. Without you, the Cup isn't in Boston in 2011 and the Bruins playoff success is still 1 round and out. When you aren't in the lineup the team is absolutely pathetic.

I'm sorry they cannot find a scoring winger to play with you and finish off the setups. Perhaps one day you'll get that RH right-winger to help your name show up on the scoresheet more often. I hope for you and the Boston Bruins that your boss reads here as well.

Sincerely,

Real Bruins fans

Agreed. NO ONE is putting this on Krejci. No one.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I'm happly to see that for once, the majority of those who have commented all feel that Krejci got thrown under the bus here.

What boggles my mind most is of all guys to go after, why Krejci?

The sad thing to me is that we 'know' Haggs and im not sure that the average fan does too.

In the real world id like Krejci to turn his back on him from here on but we know the kid is too polite for that.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The sad thing to me is that we 'know' Haggs and im not sure that the average fan does too.

In the real world id like Krejci to turn his back on him from here on but we know the kid is too polite for that.

You are so right about the "we know" part. Hopefully Krejci takes a page from the Shawn Thornton's guide to dealing with the media and bans Haggs for awhile.

You are right tho, he is one of the nicest guys around which is why this really bothers me.

We REALLY need a "fire Haggs" petition.

Where do I sign?

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Where do I sign?

I'll have to look into starting one online or something. I bet we could get a large number of signatures.

I call dibs on going full John Hancock.

Regards,
qc

ColdBru

Dec 17, 2014
Oakville, ON, Canada
I'd love to know what question was asked to prompt this answer..

Thought I'd weigh in on this with my first post.
Some journalists really like to create a situation out of nothing. Clear lack of integrity on their part tweeting the quotes without the proper context.

Pretty much seems like a question along the lines of "Many tweets / discussions on the internet are criticizing your play, complaining about your lack of production and high salary"....

The meaning of DK's quote:
Not many people [who are commenting on the internet] watch the game.
... So I just stay away from the Internet

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Thought I'd weigh in on this with my first post.
Some journalists really like to create a situation out of nothing. Clear lack of integrity on their part tweeting the quotes without the proper context.

Pretty much seems like a question along the lines of "Many tweets / discussions on the internet are criticizing your play, complaining about your lack of production and high salary"....

The meaning of DK's quote:
Not many people [who are commenting on the internet] watch the game.
... So I just stay away from the Internet

Welcome aboard!

Agreed. It sounds like an answer to a baited question like that. I don't doubt there's a chatter here and there on the internet about Krejci (as there would be about any player). But knowledgeable fans know that he's not a culprit and that the season can't be pinned on him.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
As I recall, when Krejci signed his contract right before the season started, there was a near universal Hallelujah chorus. Granted, we were all exhausted with the whole Krug and Smith "will-they-or-won't-they-of-course-they-will" tension, but I think nearly everyone thought it was a fair contract...and I think that's still the case.

Yes, he'll be the highest paid Bruin next year. But he's worth every penny. If there's any complaints about overpaying, I've mostly heard it about Kelly.

A ban on Haggerty would be great. Maybe get a #haggertylies hashtag going, where we retweet stuff on his twitter that makes no sense. Combine it with a #csnne and/or #nhlbruins hashtag so his bosses see it. Mention our displeasure with his barging in on Krejci, and misrepresenting Krejci's quotes as clickbait on Twitter.

Above all, avoid all Haggs media. Don't even hate-read - the advertisers can't tell whether you hate or love a page. They just know that you clicked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad