Post-Game Talk: Bruins need OT to beat Sabres

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
The constant is the scorers so if the same people are scoring, it would seem that the scorekeeping would be consistent. Whether you think they hit less or not,the same scorers say no.

It's nearly impossible for a subjective statistic to be consistent, which makes it an unreliable statistic. If a statistic isn't controlled it's basically useless, regardless if the scorers are the same even a vast majority of the time. Using your logic, having a different scorer for even one game over the course of a season taints the methodology, rendering the results mostly unreliable for anything beyond a ballpark sense.

But I don't watch games or understand, so what do I know?

pastamania

Sep 12, 2013
Boston
The sad thing is that Krejci's going to get unfairly roasted now for these answers. He's not a complainer so these quotes don't make any sense.

I'd really like to see the context because this seems so out of character for him. And I mean, it is Haggs.. :shakehead

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
It's nearly impossible for a subjective statistic to be consistent, which makes it an unreliable statistic. If a statistic isn't controlled it's basically useless, regardless if the scorers are the same even a vast majority of the time. Using your logic, having a different scorer for even one game over the course of a season taints the methodology, rendering the results mostly unreliable for anything beyond a ballpark sense.

But I don't watch games or understand, so what do I know?

Since the same scorers are just giving an opinion I would say they probably make the same call a hit thousands of times without too much variance. I look at the scorers as a group that the entire league cycles through so everything evens out.Try it yourself and see how far off they are compared to your opinion. Bet they are consistently low.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Wow, surprising quote from Krejci. Unless it's another "Patrice Bergeron and teenage girls" article where Haggerty just makes stuff up in a Nyquil/Ambien haze.

Krejci isn't even on my radar yet. Not disappointed at him at ALL this year - I'm willing to give him more than 3 games back from an unspecified/groin injury. Plus, his numbers actually aren't all that bad. Erasing the last 5 games he's played, he's 3-6=9 in 9 games. You don't need a calculator to figure out that that's a point per game.

Plus, as has been said frequently on NESN, he has a definite trickle-down effect. Bergeron's line probably gets fewer minutes. Kelly's line gets weaker opposition. And there's one less P-Bruin on the ice trying to be a B-Bruin.

Someone needs to spike Krejci's eggnog to get him merry. I'm a little doom-and-gloom on the team now, but NOT because of Krejci!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I understand that and I'm sure they do, but his comments don't even make sense. At least around here, the success of the team has hinged on his return. What's with the "no one watches, no one cares if I play well" thing?

Just doesn't add up to me?

Well is Haggs. Anything he 'reports' i take with a grain of salt as big as Mount Everest.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Reminded me of Ference.

Agreed.

The incremental loss of him, Thornton, and Boychuck have had an impact in the regard, IMO.

Are Andy and Thorts the players thet once were? No.

But those intangibles need to be replaced as far as im concerned. The glue guys.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Saggy Haggs doing what he does best, trying to pretend he knows anything about hockey and trying to stir up the pot. Will pat himself on the back and take credit for seeing it first if the Bruins hypothetically traded Krejci today.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I'm sure there is a boatload of context Haggs conveniently left out when he tweeted those quotes. It's Haggs.

Krech isn't a whiner. His interviews are generally boring as ****, which is why this doesn't make sense.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Judging on a few tweets from DJ Bean, it looks like Haggs crashed his one on one w/ Krejci.

Loaded/baited question and a pissed off player and you get those quotes..

Typical Hack . . . ermm . . . Haggs. :shakehead

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Judging on a few tweets from DJ Bean, it looks like Haggs crashed his one on one w/ Krejci.

You're right. Just saw DJs tweets.

Haggs is such a ****. Even the other beat reporters hate him. Who crashes a 1 on 1? What are you, 5?

Probably crashed it and started asking Krecji ****** questions. Krejci was annoyed (everyone hates Haggs) and said this stuff. DJ tweeted Krejci had some interesting things to say before fatso walked in - hopefully we'll see everything soon.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

Yup, that's what I'm seeing as well.

member 96824

I'd ban Haggs from the locker room. He's a ****ing low life that should take his blog to TMZ.

If you go to csnne for your hockey news, i'd encourage you to switch. I promise you wont miss a thing outside of laughs when McQuaid and Kelly for Taylor Hall proposals are posted as news.

Everything that is wrong with "journalism."

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'd ban Haggs from the locker room. He's a ****ing low life that should take his blog to TMZ.

If you go to csnne for your hockey news, i'd encourage you to switch. I promise you wont miss a thing outside of laughs when McQuaid and Kelly for Taylor Hall proposals are posted as news.

Everything that is wrong with "journalism."

Won't be surprised to hear that Krejci refuses to talk to him.

Thornton banned him at least 2x last season for making things up. Most notably when he said Thorty had a concussion when he had a sinus infection and bronchitis and missed a few games..

I saw DJ's tweets at lunch and then saw the Haggs stuff here..

What will it take for him to be perma banned?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Dear David,

You are the Boston Bruins offense. Without you, the Cup isn't in Boston in 2011 and the Bruins playoff success is still 1 round and out. When you aren't in the lineup the team is absolutely pathetic.

I'm sorry they cannot find a scoring winger to play with you and finish off the setups. Perhaps one day you'll get that RH right-winger to help your name show up on the scoresheet more often. I hope for you and the Boston Bruins that your boss reads here as well.

Sincerely,

Real Bruins fans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad