Post-Game Talk: Bruins Lay an Egg: Rangers 7 Bruins 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Dops suspension logic is flawed. They look at the result of the play not the act itself. Its like if you tried to murder someone but they survived you get a lesser sentence. Its stupid. Maybe if they enforced tougher suspensions on the act maybe the act will dtop?
Does the NHL really think a $5,000 dollar fine is really a deterrent to an NHL player,even one making the league minimum,I doubt it but definitely not to one making millions.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
That's not a hockey play we're debating, Rico. Different ball of wax if it's a hit that's a little late, or of someone takes a few hacks at our 'tender.

Baseball swing of a hockey stick to the side of the head. That can't happen I don't care what team you're on. You didn't hear me squawk about the McAvoy suspension even though I thought it was sold by the offended party all the way to the cheap seats. Why? Because that kind of play shouldn't happen.

100% the play should never happen.

Also at the same time 100% you should never dive to the ground and “starting kicking your feet around” like you are suggesting.

What Trouba did is inexcusable. If Frederic dove to the ground kicking his feet that would be embarrassing and also inexcusable.

I cannot believe that was even suggested. Is that what this fanbase has really come to?

Reactions: capecodder

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I must have watched a different game.
First two periods especially was some fun hockey and not what you’d expect from the two most structurally sound teams in the East. Both teams were over their skates making plays and mistakes because... it happens sometimes in statement games.
You can see they’re missing Bergeron to steady the ship at times but they’ll adjust.
The hockey itself was fun to watch.

Reactions: Spjutmuren

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Does the NHL really think a $5,000 dollar fine is really a deterrent to an NHL player,even one making the league minimum,I doubt it but definitely not to one making millions.
Yeah i agree. Worst part is the union negotiated these fines. It makes me wonder how the members let this happen. Not protecting the members with this useless deterrent

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
100% the play should never happen.

Also at the same time 100% you should never dive to the ground and “starting kicking your feet around” like you are suggesting.

What Trouba did is inexcusable. If Frederic dove to the ground kicking his feet that would be embarrassing and also inexcusable.

I cannot believe that was even suggested. Is that what this fanbase has really come to?
Obviously I'm f***ing exaggerating. I'm just tired of seeing every other player react that way and lesser incidents being punished more harshly as a result.

The difference in DoPS decision is 100% on how Frederic reacted. Frankly that's inexcusable.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

The DoPS has a choice as well. Parros' hands are hardly tied. Issue a 1-2 game suspension instead of cowering behind a fine as he so often does.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Kind of hits quite a few nails on the head I think.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Obviously I'm f***ing exaggerating. I'm just tired of seeing every other player react that way and lesser incidents being punished more harshly as a result.

The difference in DoPS decision is 100% on how Frederic reacted. Frankly that's inexcusable.

The difference is not in how Frederic reacted. He acted accordingly. Frederic was also pulling on troubas stick which absolutely factored into the decision.

You say you’re exaggerating but then you continue to complain about it as though you aren’t.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I do not think anyone is suggesting getting Ryan Reaves . One of the biggest reason the Bruins won of the cup in 2011 was team toughness
Really? Hadn’t heard that. No one is talking about grit or snarl or sandpaper or answering hits or getting an enforcer or anything like that at all around here lately.

Reactions: lopey

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I do not think anyone is suggesting getting Ryan Reaves . One of the biggest reason the Bruins won of the cup in 2011 was team toughness
While I would always be in favor of more grit or whatever what exactly have I been missing this year in regards to the Bruins being inept at physical play? I would even say if the Bruins response was the same as Florida's in losing a player to a cheapshot I would have been upset. Nobody took McAvoy to task. Couple runs? Big deal.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Really? Hadn’t heard that. No one is talking about grit or snarl or sandpaper or answering hits or getting an enforcer or anything like that at all around here lately.
But who suggested Ryan Reaves in a sarcastic manner ????? YOU . Do the Bruins need more grit ,sandpaper or snarl yes.

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
But who suggested Ryan Reaves in a sarcastic manner ????? YOU . Do the Bruins need more grit ,sandpaper or snarl yes.
Yes I did. A rhetorical device in response to someone saying we need “an enforcer”. There are like 4 in the whole league so I picked one.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
another piss poor game. Goaltending and D has masked the shortcomings of the team, last two games have exposed them.

No over reaction, still a good team but one who played the last two games as though all they had to do was pull the jersey over their heads

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
This team is soft nobody defending each other the whole east knows it
I couldnt help but laugh when I read this post because it was leafs fans saying the exact same thing about their own team like a week ago lol.

Not saying they’re not soft- just too funny seeing another fan base saying the same exact thing.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
If we had the 2011 team vs the Blues in 2019…..we win in 5 games….maybe even 4.

Bruins needed to win Game 7 (Which bruins fans know is a coin flip) for 3 out of the 4 series that year.

They were not some unstoppable juggernaut that would steamroll a team like the 2019 Blues.

Yes that team won a cup but some around here seem to think they just ran everybody over in convincing fashion. That playoff run stood on the edge of a knife so many times that I wouldn't want to consider it THE blueprint to follow.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Bruins needed to win Game 7 (Which bruins fans know is a coin flip) for 3 out of the 4 series that year.

They were not some unstoppable juggernaut that would steamroll a team like the 2019 Blues.

Yes that team won a cup but some around here seem to think they just ran everybody over in convincing fashion. That playoff run stood on the edge of a knife so many times that I wouldn't want to consider it THE blueprint to follow.
That team other than against Montreal the first two games was pretty dammed impressive at home unlike every Bruins playoffs team since unfortunately

Reactions: Gordoff

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
The difference is not in how Frederic reacted. He acted accordingly. Frederic was also pulling on troubas stick which absolutely factored into the decision.

You say you’re exaggerating but then you continue to complain about it as though you aren’t.
So if someone is holding on to your stick, according to Rico it's fair game to take a two handed swing at the person holding it. Rico argues - Freddy deserved it.

Or is that a bad faith argument aimed at pissing you off rather than having an actual conversation?

You can make an honest attempt at understanding what I'm saying or simply ignore me. Right now you're doing neither.

Your tirade against the fan base is tiresome, inaccurate and not required.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
So if someone is holding on to your stick, according to Rico it's fair game to take a two handed swing at the person holding it. Rico argues - Freddy deserved it.

Or is that a bad faith argument aimed at pissing you off rather than having an actual conversation?

You can make an honest attempt at understanding what I'm saying or simply ignore me. Right now you're doing neither.

Your tirade against the fan base is tiresome, inaccurate and not required.
I never said this or even came close to that. You are just being ridiculous.

I originally commented on your post because you said Trent Frederic should have " fell to the ice and started kicking.

So let me make my statement again and more clear for you:

Two things can happen time:

1) It can be an inexcusable/suspendable play by Trouba

2) It was also at the very same time partly be caused by Frederic pulling on his stick and wrestling for it(which is why it wasnt a suspension and only a fine. I would have suspended him though)

Even more important. You have been calling for him to go down kicking and screaming to embellish the impact of the play. Which is the most embarrassing part of this whole scenario. Then you try to say you are exaggerating, but then you say " well if he did go down DoPS would have given Trouba suspension so he should have"

So you are blatantly contradicting yourself and just also making things up that I never said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad