Post-Game Talk: Bruins Lay an Egg: Rangers 7 Bruins 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I also wonder how much that is weighing on the Bruins' minds too, he is a good friend of a lot of them, it has to be devastating. I am not saying it is an excuse for them losing or anything like that, but they are all human.
Actually he isn't. Most of them only know him as an opponent.

I'm sure they made "friends" when he showed up in training camp and they know the history, but not many guys on this roster knew him at all. Certainly not as a teammate.

Do we have nobody in Providence who can fill that role? Even partially?

Reactions: Gordoff

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I think a lot of factors played into the last 2 games.

The players didn't get home until 4 AM on Thanksgiving morning and frankly, they seemed gassed in NY.

Lack of practice time is hurting them - They COULD have flown to Columbus after the game on Saturday but instead elected to stay in Manhattan so again no practice.

Saturday, November 25 (Madison Square Garden, New York, NY)
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery available to media at approximately 11:40 a.m.
- Game vs. New York Rangers, 1 p.m. (TV: NESN | Radio: 98.5)
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following the game

Sunday, November 26 (New York, NY)

- Travel to Columbus

Monday, November 27 (Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH)
- Morning skate, 11:30 a.m.
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following morning skate
- Game vs. Columbus Blue Jackets, 7 p.m. (TV: NESN | Radio: 98.5)
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following the game

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
So I am finally able to watch my first two games of the season and I get to see the Bruins getting spanked in both of them. The defence looked putrid in both. Against the Rangers every time they entered the Bruins d zone it led to high dangerous chances. Especially Gryz and Mitchell looked overwhelmed. Maybe it's definitively time to find a taker for Gryz, as his time as a Bruin seems to come to an end.

Reactions: bbfan419

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Frederic gets two handed in the noggin, no doubt. Super greasy play, no penalty while the ref looks directly at him.

Yep, that sucks. Should have been called, that said… if someone two handed me in the noggin and my first thought was to look at the ref instead of pumping that guys eyes shut, that’s a bigger problem.

This team gets bullied, man. People just don’t want to admit it.
Imagine someone two handing McQuaid in the head (I use this as an example because Frederic is our only source of toughness)

McQuaid would grab that guy and eat his soul, and if he didn’t, Lucic, Thornton, Chara, Boychuk, Ference, Horton. Someone would have been at least a smidge upset.

The 2023 Boston Bruins play the same brand of hockey as the teams we made fun of.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
So I am finally able to watch my first two games of the season and I get to see the Bruins getting spanked in both of them. The defence looked putrid in both. Against the Rangers every time they entered the Bruins d zone it led to high dangerous chances. Especially Gryz and Mitchell looked overwhelmed. Maybe it's definitively time to find a taker for Gryz, as his time as a Bruin seems to come to an end.
Aha, so it is your fault! No more watching games ;)

Gryz just came back, he is rusty and has had little practice.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Frederic gets two handed in the noggin, no doubt. Super greasy play, no penalty while the ref looks directly at him.

Yep, that sucks. Should have been called, that said… if someone two handed me in the noggin and my first thought was to look at the ref instead of pumping that guys eyes shut, that’s a bigger problem.

Imagine someone two handing McQuaid in the head (I use this as an example because Frederic is our only source of toughness)

McQuaid would grab that guy and eat his soul, and if he didn’t, Lucic, Thornton, Chara, Boychuk, Ference, Horton. Someone would have been at least a smidge upset.

The 2023 Boston Bruins play the same brand of hockey as the teams we made fun of.
My god your on repeat. Same tune. They are not the 2011 bruins. Teams not built that way. Do i wish they where tougher Yes. But to keep saying they should beat the crap out of other teams when they are not built thst way is nuts. You know the saying doung the Ssme thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Vegas 2-6 last 8 games.
Vegas shut out 3 times in last 11 games

Can’t score and called out for lack of physical and sloppy play

I’m worried about them getting knocked out in first round in April like Bruins

Sorry if this has already been posted, I couldn't find anything.

Game changing missed call

3-3 and as play continues the Mitchell penalty leads to extra attacker and goal by Vesey

Bruins were on a 3-1 goals 22-6 shots on goal run

He gets 5 minutes Bruins win game

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
NHL Player Safety is really a joke. Trouba gets a fine for swinging at a player's head. Opponent crosschecks Potrais' head and nothing.
But if a Bruin does anything, the league is handing out punishment. A real joke.
That should have been a 5 min major and game misconduct, the league should suspend him at least 3-5 games, imagine if Marchand did that, he would be out for 20 games and it would be all over the media.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

This is what has to change if the Bruins want to be a hard team to play against. To many players on this roster that refuse to answer the bell when needed. Andrew Ference would have came to his rescue instantly if he was on the ice (a smaller player). You do not have to win you simply have to let the other team know that if you take liberties on a Bruin you are going to have to answer for your actions.

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
This ass kicking is healthy. This isn’t a talent issue, or an injury issue, this is a lack of discipline and effort issue . Best to learn these lessons now. This will pass and they’ll be better for it having tasted just how bad of team they can actually become when they allow it.
Monty needs to stop juggling the lines for a bit and insert some stability.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
So here's the other angle that people are using to say that it's a "nothing burger."

Sorry. Still looks like a Whopper to me.

It’s situations like this that make me question my own sanity/sense of reality.

I mean even after watching this multiple times and trying to see it for anything other than a man literally choosing to hit someone on head with his stick, the only conclusion I can reach is that a man, literally chose to hit someone on the head with his stick.

Contrast it with the McAvoy hit on OEL (which I am not defending or excusing) and at the very least they are at the same level of seriousness, except there is a very slight (maybe 0.9%) chance that McAvoy’s wasn’t intentional.

And at least McAvoy’s wasn’t after the whistle and most rational people needed to see it 4/5 times before coming to the conclusion that it was suspension worthy.

I hate that I find myself constantly coming back to complaining/criticizing the refs and DOPS because again, I find myself wondering if I’m just being a homer.

However, I’ve also started focusing on how out of market games are officiated lately and the only conclusion I can come to is that they are as terrible as I find them to be when I watch Bruins games.

Lastly, I’m not saying “they” have it out for the Bruins. Given what human nature is, surely there is a ref or 4 that has some sort of bias, conscious or not, against every team in the league.

Sadly, what we’re dealing with most of the time is a group of people who are just very poor at their job.

With that being said, however, just in the last week and a half, you certainly can make a case that DOPS has it out for the Bruins given the cross check to Poitras that only garnered a minor when a similar play the same night by Manson, rightfully was deemed a major and game misconduct.

Then couple that with the light “penalty” to Trouba, who is not a notoriously dirty player, but no altar boy either, and you can’t help but wonder what’s going on.

Last edited:

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
Whoaa there buddy hang on, clearly you have no idea who gryz dad is!

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

For Christ’s sake, Savard would have jumped the guy!

Reactions: Ladyfan

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
Sorry but what the flying f***???

Seriously??

I make myself sick when I suggest this, but Freddy should have hit the ice kicking his feet. If he had gone down like (was it?) OEL, I wonder what the punishment would have been.

What a disgrace.
I didn't see this. McSorley level bad. How is he not suspended let alone not being kicked out of the league?

Reactions: BMC

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
My god your on repeat. Same tune. They are not the 2011 bruins. Teams not built that way. Do i wish they where tougher Yes. But to keep saying they should beat the crap out of other teams when they are not built thst way is nuts. You know the saying doung the Ssme thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity
Then they need to change the way they are built. Simple. Not having your teammates backs and just crying to the refs is never acceptable.

Too many Bruins fans are starting to sound like Canadien fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad