GDT: Bruins @ Habs | 5/12/14 7:30PM EDT | CBC/RDS/NBCSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Oops look what I did TOTALLY ON ACCIDENT!

8J0Mc.jpg
:laugh:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
No prediction tonight for me but I'm not feeling overly confident. The fact that MT played Prust and Murray in Boston really hurt my confidence. He was doing a good job of coaching up until that point but that was just a terrible decision.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
In Montreal, with the habs having the last change, I wouldn't really mind seeing Murray in. But I agree, Bouillon would probably be less worse :laugh:

I think of the 3 games he's played, I felt like there was a 3% chance we score everytime he was on the ice. Im not a Bouillon fan, but this guy can atleast bring the puck forward more than Murray can.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
If he sticks with the same lineup and even IF we somehow win unless it's directly on the backs of Murray and Prust (going with 'unlikely'), MB should realize how MT's idiotic coaching decisions in THE most important game(s) of the year cost us our season.

I've like MT from the playoffs up until he let the collapse of game 2 happen. Since then, he's had no idea how to keep this team composed, focussed and effective. He's damn lucky the game 3 heroes were just that, cuz it was no coaching of his that got us out of that game.

Anyway, Briere in (I mean, is this even questionable!!!!??), Boullion in as well. Murray is just suck. Hits well, horrrrrrible D man. Not to be played in an elimination game.

Transition, score, win.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Well, it's Pacioretty's time to shine. If him and Vanek can get something going, it might help Subban and Price who have carried the load far too often.

Also, the Murray experiment must stop. Him and Weaver are constantly struggling in their own zone. He averaged 12:07 TOI in the playoffs so far and it's been inflated by his inabilities to clear the zone.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
In Montreal, with the habs having the last change, I wouldn't really mind seeing Murray in. But I agree, Bouillon would probably be less worse :laugh:
All fine and dandy until Murray inevitably ices the puck and then were stuck with him in our own zone against Boston's best line... It just doesn't make any sense.

And here's the thing... Boston is a great team. They've done a great job against us. What bothers me though is that we haven't put our best team forward. We've put out Bouillion and Murray and they've both hurt us in losses that were really close. One thing to lose with your best... nothing you can do about it. But when you lose by playing inferior players and beating yourself, that's the real kicker here.

Beaulieu is better than both of these guys by a considerable margin. But our coach is pigheaded and it's really hurt us. It hurt us all year long and its hurt us in the playoffs. The Bruins are a beatable team. We might still beat them yet... but we've made it harder on ourselves than it has to be. Sad thing is, even if we did bring in Beaulieu now, he'd be ice cold. Even then though, how much worse could he be? To me this team's biggest problem is the idiot we have behind the bench. Been a problem for a long time now. Sad thing is, we're probably saddled with him for next year and maybe even longer...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Prust 100% invisible last game.
Put Briere back plz, or at least try White.

Prust needs to let the team know he can't go even when asked.
This kinda pissed me off.
The Staff/Management/Ownership have to look each individual in the eyes and determine who can stand up with the PK's Price's Eller's and Gallagher's. No weak links tonight they won't be forgotten anytime soon.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Remember me guys? I got tickets for the game and I am 9-0 at the bell centre. Saw the 3 goal night by Pac & Vanek.

Everything is going to be alright!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
If he sticks with the same lineup and even IF we somehow win unless it's directly on the backs of Murray and Prust (going with 'unlikely'), MB should realize how MT's idiotic coaching decisions in THE most important game(s) of the year cost us our season.

I've like MT from the playoffs up until he let the collapse of game 2 happen. Since then, he's had no idea how to keep this team composed, focussed and effective. He's damn lucky the game 3 heroes were just that, cuz it was no coaching of his that got us out of that game.

Anyway, Briere in (I mean, is this even questionable!!!!??), Boullion in as well. Murray is just suck. Hits well, horrrrrrible D man. Not to be played in an elimination game.

Transition, score, win.

The bolded part is over the top. Therrien didn't 'let' the team collapse. The players stopped being afraid and let their guard down, a lucky shot went in, the puck bounced this way instead of that... etc. Blame Therrien for his actual decisions; don't blame him for the cruelty of fate.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Lot of people have said "Briere's been bad", and I just cannot comprehend that considering how much he has actually contributed included KEY FRIKKING PTS!!! He's been doing exactly what we got him for and then we take him out. Psses me off even more that Therrien didn't have to face the music for this. Such pansy reporters. If he doesn't answer -- MAKE HIM ANSWER. What kind of dumbass decision was it to bench Briere last game? (And this isn't hindsight -- I think we all knew this was the wrong decision at the time.)

Unless this is somehow some incredibly convoluted genius plan to have Briere win the series for us single handedly by benching him in game 5, MT has to answer for this.

Anyway, I'm just going to assume he's not a certified moron (I know...I'm being nice), and that Danny B is back tonight. Question is how he'll use him. Somehow, I can see him and Vanek doing damage together. Perhaps it's because they've had elite skills their entire careers and have proven it.

I wonder what's going through Pacioretty's head right now. Has he just given up or is this his moment?

LesHabs66

Apr 11, 2007
Minneapolis MN
No Boullion in lineup= 2 losses in a row. Murray is a big body but his lack of speed/mobility allowed the Bruins the chance to stay in the Habs zone and score the game winner in OT.
Prust needs to sit this one out has he has not been effective.
Ryan White...why not?
Vanek needs to stop drinking his invisible juice and stop sharing it with Max Patches. I am not keen on giving Vanek a contract after seeing his disappearing act over the playoffs. Too off/on for the kind of loot he is looking for.
Markov...I know he is old and tired but his turnovers are killers.
Is it time to give one of the young guns some playoffs blueline playing time or do you stick with Markov?
Price...need to play the game of your life tonight and once again for game 7.
Someone besides Subban can take shots on the PP. Someone please step up and make some plays.

Go Habs Go.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
And here's the thing... Boston is a great team. They've done a great job against us. What bothers me though is that we haven't put our best team forward. We've put out Bouillion and Murray and they've both hurt us in losses that were really close. One thing to lose with your best... nothing you can do about it. But when you lose by playing inferior players and beating yourself, that's the real kicker here.

Beaulieu is better than both of these guys by a considerable margin. But our coach is pigheaded and it's really hurt us. It hurt us all year long and its hurt us in the playoffs. The Bruins are a beatable team. We might still beat them yet... but we've made it harder on ourselves than it has to be. Sad thing is, even if we did bring in Beaulieu now, he'd be ice cold. Even then though, how much worse could he be? To me this team's biggest problem is the idiot we have behind the bench. Been a problem for a long time now. Sad thing is, we're probably saddled with him for next year and maybe even longer...
^ 1000x this.

Therrien's coaching of this team, all year long, has just been infuriating. He plays head games with Subban all year. Leaves Briere to rot on the 4th line while giving DD every prime opportunity possible. Comes down hard on Eller time & time again. Plays Bouillon + Murray, relics who are soon headed to retirement, over Tinordi + Beaulieu, talented prospects who are our immediate future. Has the whole team play a stupid, dump-and-chase game instead a fast, puck-possession game. Finally finds some success against the Bolts and even has us in good shape against the Bruins, then starts undoing all the good he's done with more moronic lineup & deployment decisions.

The guy's like a blind squirrel. He'll find a nut once in a while, but really doesn't seem to know how he does it. We won't win a Cup with this clown behind our bench.

If the lineup tonight includes Murray + Prust again, we're done :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad