Bruins goal song needs an update

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I was reading the Leafs complaint on the main board about their song and it reminded me that we really need a new one. I really never loved the current one but new crew new song. Honestly I loved Chelsea Dagger going to hawks bars with my friend. It had a type of swagger and the bars here in NYC would blast it.
10000000000000 times right. Tirture. So ms y better songs out there. Thanks you dude.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Disruptive technology has altered the music industry multiple times since Napster. How music is written, recorded, distributed, consumed, etc. is now drastically different.

Popular music today is vastly different, often completely lacking in terms of harmony, melody, rhythm, and instrumentation. Sure, you can find better if you look. But do you want a goal song no one has ever heard?

The Hall & Oates song was perfect for the Leafs. When the Panthers used Sweetness by Jimmy Eat World, it was a great fit. Joe Satriani's Crowd Chant worked well for the Islanders; and with their impotent offense, you never really got sick of it.

I have no problem retiring Zombie Nation and letting it be forever linked to the Bergeron era.

As for what should replace it, I love when teams give the goal song a local flare, such as Seattle playing the two-note riff from Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit and Dallas with the aforementioned best goal song in the league by local guys, Pantera.

Boston has an incredibly rich musical history, with unending options. My runner-up is Smokin' by Boston, and my choice is Let's Go by the Cars.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I think you swap out the goal song during the next true rebuild and associate zombie nation with this era of success.
This.

Zombie Nation is synonymous with the Bruins' 2008-2023 era and all the legendary playoff goals they've scored.

When this period comes to a complete close, then I think you can change it. Like when the Pats changed their jerseys a little bit when Brady left.

Reactions: BMC and wintersej

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
As for what should replace it, I love when teams give the goal song a local flare, such as Seattle playing the two-note riff from Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit and Dallas with the aforementioned best goal song in the league by local guys, Pantera.

Boston has an incredibly rich musical history, with unending options. My runner-up is Smokin' by Boston, and my choice is Let's Go by the Cars.
While I'm fine with Kernkraft staying as the goal song for now, if they do change it I definitely think your idea about going with a local band is on-point. It's pretty nuts how many great bands have come out of Boston or have ties to Boston. For example, in addition to your suggestions, Dropkick Murphys and Mighty Mighty Bosstones have multiple songs each that would serve as good goal songs.

Reactions: Aeroforce

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Disruptive technology has altered the music industry multiple times since Napster. How music is written, recorded, distributed, consumed, etc. is now drastically different.

Popular music today is vastly different, often completely lacking in terms of harmony, melody, rhythm, and instrumentation. Sure, you can find better if you look. But do you want a goal song no one has ever heard?

The Hall & Oates song was perfect for the Leafs. When the Panthers used Sweetness by Jimmy Eat World, it was a great fit. Joe Satriani's Crowd Chant worked well for the Islanders; and with their impotent offense, you never really got sick of it.

I have no problem retiring Zombie Nation and letting it be forever linked to the Bergeron era.

I mean if you're gonna replace it, its gotta be Shipping Up To Boston (probably the chorus)

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
I do like this idea even though I am happy with the current song.

The way they use Shipping up to Boston before certain puck drops gets things so hyped though, i wonder if it would lose some of that with the repetition?

Might end up being perfect though. Song gets me ready to run through a brick wall

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I ran a poll on this topic here last year or the year before, and if I remember right it was about 60-40 in favor of keeping the current song, and no-one could really agree or settle on a firm candidate to replace it with. I think that's a major part of the issue - there's probably not a huge amount of genuine love for Kernkraft, but it's not hated and there's no obvious alternative, so it's stuck for a long time.

The Bruins need to switch it up at some point though. I haven't been to the Garden in person for some years, but just from watching on TV the whole product there around the game itself seems a bit stale.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad