Post-Game Talk: Bruins at Rangers - October 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Probably already had more fun this year through 7 games than I had all of last year.

Dude, I've had more fun reading than I did watching all of last year!

I said it after we got rocked by the Penguins - there's no way to have tracked it but we had to have had made history last season. The Rangers played maybe 10 games I would consider acceptable last year. We were disgusting to watch: lazy, stupid, emotionally weak, you name it.

And you could tell the players knew it too judging by some comments during the offseason. They really seem to be working to right the ship.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Also lets not forget Hank always starts slow. Last season was an aberration.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Half of the two goals?lol

The defense has given up VERY little look at the stars but. He let's up bad goals every night these days. Elite goalies aren't supposed to have that happen every game. One or two a week not every game.

I absolutely did catch the Caps game. Once again got us behind 2-0 let ovechkin beat him off his back foot from the outside of the circle. Give me a break. That's not good enough.

We've dominated every game. He's been awful. How is this even an argument.

Yes, half of the two goals, drawing attention to you complaining about a goalie giving up 2 in a win, one of which was one of the hottest wingers right now walking in alone.

So you're saying this D, where half the first pair is Girardi or Nick Holden, where Holden literally just started a game by letting Pasternak walk in on Hank, where the GM is reported to be doing all he can to get another top s man, is doing fine?

The best shooter of our generation, maybe the best shooter ever, beats him and that's a bad goal?

Our defense is shaky as a whole. McD looks fantastic and that's pretty much it right now. Hank has had some regrettable goals go in but not nearly as many as you claim.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Yes, half of the two goals, drawing attention to you complaining about a goalie giving up 2 in a win, one of which was one of the hottest wingers right now walking in alone.

So you're saying this D, where half the first pair is Girardi or Nick Holden, where Holden literally just started a game by letting Pasternak walk in on Hank, where the GM is reported to be doing all he can to get another top s man, is doing fine?

The best shooter of our generation, maybe the best shooter ever, beats him and that's a bad goal?

Our defense is shaky as a whole. McD looks fantastic and that's pretty much it right now. Hank has had some regrettable goals go in but not nearly as many as you claim.

Bingo.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Half of the two goals?lol

The defense has given up VERY little look at the stars but. He let's up bad goals every night these days. Elite goalies aren't supposed to have that happen every game. One or two a week not every game.

I absolutely did catch the Caps game. Once again got us behind 2-0 let ovechkin beat him off his back foot from the outside of the circle. Give me a break. That's not good enough.

We've dominated every game. He's been awful. How is this even an argument.

He has been bad in 1st periods but great in 2nd and 3rd periods. Honestly that's the story of the whole team.. If he can just stop giving up goals on the first shot of the game there isn't much to complain about. He has been over a .920SV% for the last 3 games.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
because

On Hayes, not sure why a bunch of people seem so down on him.

I think he looks much more competent in his own zone, I like him on the PK and he looks good in the O zone. Not sure what the problem is, I think he looks much improved from last season. You can tell he's in much better shape.

because people have their own agenda's and just don't like him. like certain poster's hate stepan for no reason.. hayes has been a lot better. he is faster, more engaged,you can see him more involved in the play, started the come back tonight, improved face offs. the kid is like night and day compared to last year. He is actually playing defense too. the is skating hard on the back check. I'm impressed with him so far. keep it up kevin

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Look at the shots against and quality chances against they 7 we're much improved. I said defense has been fine. I did not say defense has been elite.

Our goaltending has not been fine. Just because the jersey says ovechkin doesn't mean he should get beat by him from the outside circle off his back foot. Hank is a top 3 goalie in the world. That is unfriggenacceptable.

And the final stat line says yes two goals but putting your team behind 2 goals kills a team. That's how good we are that we can overcome that. But hank has been bad it's ok to say that seriously. Look at his save percentage it's trash for a guy of his ilk. We've dominated every game. Should be 7-0 could be .500 with how he's played particularly early in games.

Even that Pasternak goal. You're nuts if you think he doesn't want that back. He opened up and made the first move something that when he's on he doesn't do. Gets beat 5 hole. McIntyre makes the same save on JT Miller twice no problem coming in from the side. Hank ended up 15 feet outside the net. That's bad goaltending.

He has to be better. Aren't winning anything when your goalie has a .909 sav percentage in today's NHL Christ the fan boys are absurd here.

*Bob Richards*

Probably already had more fun this year through 7 games than I had all of last year.

Me too, small sample size and all so far.

I don't know what our underlying numbers are but I don't feel like I'm watching a funeral on ice like I did for long stretches of last year.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
And like I said henrik Lundqvist stinks RIGHT NOW. I made a point to capitalize that. How any one can argue that is just letting your hank love blind you

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Me too, small sample size and all so far.

I don't know what our underlying numbers are but I don't feel like I'm watching a funeral on ice like I did for long stretches of last year.
Giving up less shots and generating more. PK improved. Defense is still not great but the Zibanejad line has like ∞CF% when they're together specifically Kreider and Zibanejad. When everyone is healthy this team's group of forwards is just ****ing stupid.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Lundqvists last 3 starts

.931SV%

.931SV%

.929SV%

Is he giving up bad goals? Yes, but this whole he has been terrible is just ridiculous. If he can just stop giving up goals on the first shot of the game we will be all good.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
ehh

The D has been adequate. McD norris worthy, Staal has been good, klein has been good, skjei has been good and improving each game, holden has become AV's new glass shower boy.I think he we be decent on a third pair with skjei in a reduced role.. not likely with Girardi still on the roster.. My opinion is if they want to win a cup then need to add 2 of vatanen,trouba, and shatty. won't happen til the offseason though. best situation we can hope for this year is

McD-Trouba/Vatanen/Shatty
Staal-klein
skjei-girardi/holden

Ex girardi/holden

Don't know if that gets this squad to finals.. Next year and the year after is this teams window to really go for it.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York

Haha, don't think that is saying much. It would be boarderline impossible for me, or anybody for that matter to enjoy a season less than last season:laugh:. I agree with what you're saying though.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Um yah like I said stop giving up bad goals at the beginning of the games and putting us in holes. He's a top 3 goalie in the world how can anyone think that is acceptable? I'm sure he himself doesn't.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Um yah like I said stop giving up bad goals at the beginning of the games and putting us in holes. He's a top 3 goalie in the world how can anyone think that is acceptable? I'm sure he himself doesn't.

It's October, chill out. Stats wise he has been great the last 3 games. I'm sure he will get better at the start of games and then we will be good to go.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Man I swear I've never seen a pro athlete in New York that can do NO wrong in the eyes of the fans that hasn't won a championship. Amazing how if hank stinks it's because of the defense. If hank it's great it's inspite of the defense.

Falling behind early on bad goals is unacceptable and it's happened almost every game thus far. Usually teams falling behind two goals don't win.

He needs to be ALOT better. Just amazed anyone could disagree with that after watching his first 6 games.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I come back from dinner and I've created the Tornado line. I don't like that name though.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Man I swear I've never seen a pro athlete in New York that can do NO wrong in the eyes of the fans that hasn't won a championship. Amazing how if hank stinks it's because of the defense. If hank it's great it's inspite of the defense.

Falling behind early on bad goals is unacceptable and it's happened almost every game thus far. Usually teams falling behind two goals don't win.

He needs to be ALOT better. Just amazed anyone could disagree with that after watching his first 6 games.

He got ripped for the entire 1st period. The only player who got ripped more was Holden and I think Henrik has earned the right to be more insulated than NHL player Nick Holden.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Sometimes people disagree with you. Fast and Lindberg have jobs, for example.

Hank struggling isn't always on the defense but sometimes it is. Our d has been pretty piss poor at points this season, including the first goal today. The second goal was bad and he can and should have stopped it.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Just watched the game

Lundqvist RIGHT NOW stinks. Flat out. We're a 5-2 team that should be 7-0 and only aren't because of his play. And it would be worse than 5-2 because he's seemingly put us in a hole every game. Age isn't a excuse to let a minor leaguer surprise you with a garbage shot from the blueline. He needs to wake the F up. This team he's got is a MONSTER. Tons of weapons. We completely dominated the game. The speed is absurd.

Vesey wow this kid is way better than advertised.

Pirri is deadly just deadly.

Nash Staal zuccarello Zibanejad Hayes all playing well and Mcdonagh playing really well Norris calibur.

Defense has been totally fine.

Lindberg stinks but may have gotten lucky if jooris is injured.

Need more from Stepan don't like his game at all right now

Grabner and Fast solid too

Everyone's so hung up on arguing Kovy's comment on Lundqvist (which honestly isn't that terrible - I mean he always starts slow) that they've missed the TRULY earth shattering part of his post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium