Post-Game Talk: Bruins at Rangers - October 26

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Its frustrating knowing the Rangers are one Trouba away from contending for the next few years again and not being able to acquire him.

Nothing has happened yet. Gorts is exercising patience right now to get a favorable deal. I really have a feeling he's going to get him, and I had that feeling about Nash, Gaborik, and Vesey ;)

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Pirri really needs more minutes...a guy who can score like him shoudlnt be just a token 4th liner with PP minutes...he needs to play more. Danny Heatley made a superstar career out of just the ability to shoot....Pirri should play more.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Winnipeg's been pretty clear the main piece for any trade for Trouba needs to be a young LH PMD. The only way the Rangers are getting him is if they can work out a three-way deal.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Winnipeg's been pretty clear the main piece for any trade for Trouba needs to be a young LH PMD. The only way the Rangers are getting him is if they can work out a three-way deal.

brady-skjei-2016-48.jpg

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Its frustrating knowing the Rangers are one Trouba away from contending for the next few years again and not being able to acquire him.

yeah id say based on the way this offense has played...

IF the Rangers can get Trouba without gutting their forwards or defense (ie you cant trade McDonagh for example, or you cant trade Kreider for example)

and

IF the Rangers can stay healthy

and

IF Henrik is Henrik and not the strange mutant who makes great saves and give up horribad goals that we've seen so far

and

AV can get the eff out of his own way.

The Rangers can be a Stanley Cup contender unquestionably.

Honestly the Vesey and Zib trades along with the Pirri signings have been monumental in turning this around.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Pirri really needs more minutes...a guy who can score like him shoudlnt be just a token 4th liner with PP minutes...he needs to play more. Danny Heatley made a superstar career out of just the ability to shoot....Pirri should play more.

You mean an all-star career? #50in07

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Just watched the game

Lundqvist RIGHT NOW stinks. Flat out. We're a 5-2 team that should be 7-0 and only aren't because of his play. And it would be worse than 5-2 because he's seemingly put us in a hole every game. Age isn't a excuse to let a minor leaguer surprise you with a garbage shot from the blueline. He needs to wake the F up. This team he's got is a MONSTER. Tons of weapons. We completely dominated the game. The speed is absurd.

Vesey wow this kid is way better than advertised.

Pirri is deadly just deadly.

Nash Staal zuccarello Zibanejad Hayes all playing well and Mcdonagh playing really well Norris calibur.

Defense has been totally fine.

Lindberg stinks but may have gotten lucky if jooris is injured.

Need more from Stepan don't like his game at all right now

Grabner and Fast solid too

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

That is flat out inaccurate.

Heatley always could do more than just shoot until he lost his skating (right after the Sharks got rid of him). Once he lost his skating, all he had was his shot. Just like Pirri.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Just watched the game

Lundqvist RIGHT NOW stinks. Flat out. We're a 5-2 team that should be 7-0 and only aren't because of his play. And it would be worse than 5-2 because he's seemingly put us in a hole every game. Age isn't a excuse to let a minor leaguer surprise you with a garbage shot from the blueline. He needs to wake the F up. This team he's got is a MONSTER. Tons of weapons. We completely dominated the game. The speed is absurd.

Nash Staal zuccarello Zibanejad Hayes all playing well and Mcdonagh playing really well Norris calibur.

Lindberg stinks? He's only played 2 games this season..:laugh:

Lindberg's looked okay so far.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Lindberg stinks? He's only played 2 games this season..:laugh:

Lindberg's looked okay so far.

Looks the same as last year. Nice first month of the 2015 2016 season bought him a lot of runway but he's far from anything special. I'd waive him way before I waived Jooris

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Just watched the game

Lol hank stinks but the d is fine?

Half of the two goals he let in were due to the defense doing absolutely nothing.

Did you not catch the Caps game?

He let in a singular garbage goal so far. It happens.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
And why is lundqvist making so many hybrid kick save type saves. He's playing like he thinks he brodeur all of a sudden. Get square and butterfly this is 2016 you are 34 years old what are u doing? He got lucky a few more softees didn't get thru him tonight that I noticed. Couple from the walls thrown at his feet.

He gets it together and we can roll with this club absolutely roll.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Lol hank stinks but the d is fine?

Half of the two goals he let in were due to the defense doing absolutely nothing.

Did you not catch the Caps game?

He let in a singular garbage goal so far. It happens.

Half of the two goals?lol

The defense has given up VERY little look at the stars but. He let's up bad goals every night these days. Elite goalies aren't supposed to have that happen every game. One or two a week not every game.

I absolutely did catch the Caps game. Once again got us behind 2-0 let ovechkin beat him off his back foot from the outside of the circle. Give me a break. That's not good enough.

We've dominated every game. He's been awful. How is this even an argument.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Figures the team finally plays good hockey and I've only gotten to watch 2 games this season.

Damn though, from reading these PGTs, it really seems like they've been great. I am very stoked for the rest of this year - I hadn't liked Gortons body of work but he really had a nice offseason. This team is young, fast and exciting.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Gorton stole Vesey and Zibanejad just stole them both.

And shame on the rest of the league sleeping on Brandon Pirri into August are you kidding me?

Huge pickups.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Well that was a stressful game up until the Bruins finally made one more mistake that broke the camels back and that was the two turnovers to clear the puck on the 1st rangers goal by Nash.

The Bruins were so very undisciplined and the Rangers eventually capitalized on that 3rd PP.

Once the Rangers got that goal the tide started to change. The team found their legs more, possessed the puck more, penetrated the neutral zone more for better zone entries.

Hayes was unbelievable tonight. He was good all night. So was Vesey. Nash picked it up which they badly needed. Pirri is just clutch. Mcdonagh was amazing tonight and so was Staal.

Some good stats that were pointed out by NBC broadcast, 2nd in the league on the PK at 84-86%. 3rd in the league on faceoffs if i heard that correctly.

Good teams win when they dont play their best. They did that tonight and its because they have so many weapons. Zucc and Miller were both impactful tonight as well. It will be very hard to trade either of them.

Maybe 2nd in total goals against on the PK, but it's actually #10 according to NHL.com percentage-wise.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Vesey-Stepan-Nash
Zuccarello-Hayes-Pirri
Grabner-Jooris/Lindberg-Fast

McDonagh-Trouba
Staal-Clendening (Klein traded for cap reasons)
Skjei-Girardi

I take that team against any in the league currently. NHL is WIDE open this year, i don't see a definitive favorite. We can win. Get Trouba. Maybe even pick up a third line rental with the extra second to get Pirri back on line 4.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
On Hayes, not sure why a bunch of people seem so down on him.

I think he looks much more competent in his own zone, I like him on the PK and he looks good in the O zone. Not sure what the problem is, I think he looks much improved from last season. You can tell he's in much better shape.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Gorton stole Vesey and Zibanejad just stole them both.

And shame on the rest of the league sleeping on Brandon Pirri into August are you kidding me?

Huge pickups.

It is crazy no one signed him until that late. Look how many goals he has and that's been playing mostly bottom 6 and even the fourth line.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Probably already had more fun this year through 7 games than I had all of last year.

This.

Mind you last year i had expectations. This year not so much. That somewhat plays a part .... at least for me it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad