Post-Game Talk: Bruins at Rangers - October 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Man I swear I've never seen a pro athlete in New York that can do NO wrong in the eyes of the fans that hasn't won a championship. Amazing how if hank stinks it's because of the defense. If hank it's great it's inspite of the defense.

Falling behind early on bad goals is unacceptable and it's happened almost every game thus far. Usually teams falling behind two goals don't win.

He needs to be ALOT better. Just amazed anyone could disagree with that after watching his first 6 games.

If you are confident and comfortable in your opinion, why do need others to agree with you?

Its getting crazy around here, differing opinions now always need to be dismissed as blind or clueless

Try to lighten up, its just sports ...

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Everyone's so hung up on arguing Kovy's comment on Lundqvist (which honestly isn't that terrible - I mean he always starts slow) that they've missed the TRULY earth shattering part of his post.

I think that opinion is pretty terrible actually. I mean, he straight up said the defense has been fine, and saying Lundqvist has been terrible.

While he historically does have 'slow' starts, to define terrible as being 4-2-0, 2.35 GAA, .907 SV% behind an abysmal defense is a bit of a ridiculous statement.

Expectations are always high for him, but its only 7 games into the season, and he's played 5 of them.

If some people could keep things in perspective and within context all while using logical reasoning, discussions would be for the better.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I think that opinion is pretty terrible actually. I mean, he straight up said the defense has been fine, and saying Lundqvist has been terrible.

While he historically does have 'slow' starts, to define terrible as being 4-2-0, 2.35 GAA, .907 SV% behind an abysmal defense is a bit of a ridiculous statement.

Expectations are always high for him, but its only 7 games into the season, and he's played 5 of them.

If some people could keep things in perspective and within context all while using logical reasoning, discussions would be for the better.

Let's be honest here, our defense has been good as a whole for most games. The system is working. Hardly any grade A chances in this game or the ARI game.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
The thing that im not liking about Henriks game is how shaky he looks making the saves...usually when henrik makes a save...its placed perfectly in a corner, or deflected out of play, or he tracks the rebound so well that hes already ready for the next shot... it seems like on half the shots he has no clue where the rebound has gone to...he loses pucks in close or around him...he just looks off...even routine stops are looking like an adventure.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Let's be honest here, our defense has been good as a whole for most games. The system is working. Hardly any grade A chances in this game or the ARI game.

i really disagree...i think our defense is pretty bad...particularly the right side with McDonagh. Staal and klein have been meh. girardi is girardi and skjei has left a lot to be desired, but seems to be improving albeit slowly...the top rhd spot is just soooo bad right now...holden + girardi are just a horrible way to abuse your franchise defenseman.

GO

GET

ME

TROUBA!!!

redfzn

Nov 12, 2007
NYC
bmcccuny.facebook.com
The thing that im not liking about Henriks game is how shaky he looks making the saves...usually when henrik makes a save...its placed perfectly in a corner, or deflected out of play, or he tracks the rebound so well that hes already ready for the next shot... it seems like on half the shots he has no clue where the rebound has gone to...he loses pucks in close or around him...he just looks off...even routine stops are looking like an adventure.

This. Saw this a lot during the latter part of last season as well.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
i really disagree...i think our defense is pretty bad...particularly the right side with McDonagh. Staal and klein have been meh. girardi is girardi and skjei has left a lot to be desired, but seems to be improving albeit slowly...the top rhd spot is just soooo bad right now...holden + girardi are just a horrible way to abuse your franchise defenseman.

GO

GET

ME

TROUBA!!!

I am the president, owner, and janitor of the Nick Holden is not an NHL player club. I'm painfully aware of how bad Holden is. Our RD is terrible, sure but our overall defensive game has been decent. Aside from the one Holden play 10 seconds in, there were no grade A scoring chance for Boston tonight. That's what Vigneault's system is about and as much as I hate his deployment of his personnel, the defense as a whole has come along nicely. A lot of it has to do with the possession generated by the forwards but again, as a whole, the defense is much improved from last season or compared to when Marty Biron was retired on that road trip.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I am the president, owner, and janitor of the Nick Holden is not an NHL player club. I'm painfully aware of how bad Holden is. Our RD is terrible, sure but our overall defensive game has been decent. Aside from the one Holden play 10 seconds in, there were no grade A scoring chance for Boston tonight. That's what Vigneault's system is about and as much as I hate his deployment of his personnel, the defense as a whole has come along nicely. A lot of it has to do with the possession generated by the forwards but again, as a whole, the defense is much improved from last season or compared to when Marty Biron was retired on that road trip.

our forwards are carrying this team right now. they are just spectacular. we always seem to have the puck, or tremendous back pressure on the puck to quickly regain it. our defense is not at all good at separating the guy from the puck or making quick passes up.

Marc Staal has been the absolute worst at this. he lugs it up like a lumbering oaf and does nothing with it...slowing down the entire rush up the ice. i really wish he would stop. hes bad at it...just...STOP.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Man I swear I've never seen a pro athlete in New York that can do NO wrong in the eyes of the fans that hasn't won a championship. Amazing how if hank stinks it's because of the defense. If hank it's great it's inspite of the defense.

Falling behind early on bad goals is unacceptable and it's happened almost every game thus far. Usually teams falling behind two goals don't win.

He needs to be ALOT better. Just amazed anyone could disagree with that after watching his first 6 games.

See I think Hernik gets a perfectly fair amount of criticism from this fanbase, if anything he gets too much for how good he's been for as long as he's been. His entire career anytime he struggles he gets the lion's share of the blame. Maybe on HF he gets less blame but that's because fans here are more educated about the game and more appreciative and aware of just how good Hank is. The fanbase as a whole has large sections of people who think he sucks and is overrated and always want to trade him.

I feel like every season during his slow starts he always looks this way. He always seems just a split second off in his timing and like he's fighting the puck just a little bit. I'm perfectly confident that he will round into form like he always does and will be firing on all cylinders within a few weeks.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I was hopeful for Clendening subbing for Holden when Holden was demoted and our power play was struggling 0/3 in a 2-0 game when we really needed one to come alive. Now that we've recovered and the PP is going well, I think Clendening might have to wait. Holden was reunited with McDonagh I believe.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Brady had 17+ minutes and Holden only had 14+

Maybe Alain is starting to come around?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

No it's been abysmal because that allows you to absolve anything bad Lundqvist does and credit solely him for anything good he does. :laugh:

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island

Agreed. The problem has mainly been individual moments of suckage.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Sucks to hear about Jooris, how long does a separated shoulder take to heal? Will he have to have surgery?

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
People put other's opinions down due to small sample sizes, yet pencil in lines as permanent fixtures and open for trade of other players based on 1-2 games.

Things that makes sense in a fan universe

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
People put other's opinions down due to small sample sizes, yet pencil in lines as permanent fixtures and open for trade of other players based on 1-2 games.

Things that makes sense in a fan universe

People have been wanting to trade for a RD since, like...forever.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
For those who do not read our rules thread, please read the following very carefully.

Moderators will NOT allow this board to turn into the abused dartboard of thoughtless negativity it is quickly becoming.

The tone of the board, and especially of GDTs, is already causing many users (including very long tenured users) to no longer participate. And this is regardless of the performance of the team on the ice.

If you only post negativity, even if you claim to be a Rangers fan, you are TROLLING and will be dealt with accordingly.

Contribute to the board in more varied ways, or you risk permanent removal.

Permanent means forever.

We are really done dealing with the constant, relentless flow of whining and bickering, and offenders will face the consequences.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Probably already had more fun this year through 7 games than I had all of last year.

Yeah, a ton of jabs at AV in this thread, but I think he and the management team has done an outstanding job so far this season. The training regime has obviously changed for many players who look a lot lighter and quicker. We play with a ton of mobility on the ice, Ds getting involved more while being more composed without the puck. A lot of offense through out the lineup, the right kind of speed etc. I don't have much to complain at.

Megu- Good job.

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
On Hayes, not sure why a bunch of people seem so down on him.

I think he looks much more competent in his own zone, I like him on the PK and he looks good in the O zone. Not sure what the problem is, I think he looks much improved from last season. You can tell he's in much better shape.

I think Hayes has been so business so far. Doing all the right things.

If anything, I fear him giving up too much creativity. Like you don't want Hayes to become Dave Steckel, what separates him from others and warrants his play in this league is his play with the puck. But he also need to rid himself from all bad habits he have had. He is definitely going in the right direction, lets just hope that he can find the right mix and utilize his strengths more.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Also lets not forget Hank always starts slow. Last season was an aberration.

First of all, the 2nd goal he gave up tonight is just bad luck, or whatever it should be called. It just gets through the legs of the defender blocking his vision, hits him square in the shoulder, and then trickles in. That save by Hank is enough 999/1000 times...

But, not just this year, Hank has played great for stretches, always been there in the POs, Hank might even from some perspectives be better than ever, but does he look as comfortable as he used to? Is he has comfortable as a top goalie usually is?

Nah, I think he has been in a bit of transition period, or different transition periods, for quite a long time and that he hasn't really landed on his feet yet.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
For whatever reason Zuke and Zib just don't work well together but Miller has been excellent in his Kreider impersonation. When Buch comes back Zuke needs to be move to Hayes (what a revelation he's been after a slow preseason and first 2-3 games). Seems that Miller has been shooting more this season ;) and given their salary and age I'm more inclined to keep Miller over Zuke, if this was the only choice.

Lundqvist has always had a slow start, there's nothing new here if ones attention span is longer than a month. He's shown flashes of typical on-his-game Hank so it's just a matter of time for him to start playing consistently at that level again. In mean time only nevesis could not acknowledge that Hank allowed quite a few softies (but again nothing new here). In a month from now it should all be an ancient history again.

Stated before that I feel bad for Holden. In a perfect world he should be rotating with Skjei and G on the third pair. Don't see Skjei as a top4 just yet. It implies higher level of competition and to me he's just getting comfortable taking regular shifts on the bottom pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad