Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Rick Nash for Spooner, Lindgren (rights) 2018 first, 2019 7th and Beleskey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Stats for last 13 games
Nash 3g 0a
Spooner 2 g 6a

Just saying. I'm not even sure this is an upgrade. Huge risk imo. Hopefully Nash gels with Bergeron or Krejci or this will be disasterous.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Sweeney blew Rinaldo trade and the draft where they had 3 straight picks but giving up Lindgren and what will probably be a late first round pick doesn't concern me if you are getting a significant upgrade in Nash. To me the only question here is what are we gonna get from Nash? I'm a little worried about that, not what we gave up.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Don't think for one second that beating they took last night didn't push DS. He had to know this team is not good enough for a long run.

Don't let that score fool us, we looked like we didn't belong on the same ice as that team last night

Although I think your dead right on the game , I think this trade is made this morning no matter what .

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Stats for last 13 games
Nash 3g 0a
Spooner 2 g 6a

Just saying. I'm not even sure this is an upgrade. Huge risk imo. Hopefully Nash gels with Bergeron or Krejci or this will be disasterous.

Spoons and Debrusk were really beginning to jell. What a set up last night for Debrusk goal Krejci to Spoons to Debrusk. Beautiful all done with finesse and speed.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
You have no clue what you are talking about.

Actually he is correct Nash is a flake a dormant flake.. Have you watched him play? Just have to pray he goes on productive spurt because he can be such a digustingly frustrating player to watch.However its a chance DS is taking in the sense that who knows contrary to his past career maybe he will awaken and have an impact with the bruins.

Reactions: Alicat

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
This deal was about one thing. A hot team that could go on a legit run for the cup. Feels like a bit of fleecing but if the Bruins can make a deep run then it will be worth it.

If I'm Chara, Bergy, and Rask I'm fired up they went for it.
Agreed. With the core getting up there in age, it can never be a bad thing for ownership to go for broke and at least try and better solidify the roster.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

keeping spooner was going to be a big headache this summer. they obviously wanted to let the kids fight for his spot so having to qualify him or potentially go to arbitration with him gave them considerably less flexibility than if they'd been able to play hardball with him. this way they get something in return for him at a time when it has potential for a huge impact (playoff run).

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Love this deal.

1st and Lindegren is a fair deal.

Spooner and a 7th to take half of Beleskey is fine with me, mainly because you're replacing Spooner with Nash, and they clearly had no intentions of re-signing him to yet another raise.

They just added a potential impact player without giving up a top prospect or an ELC guy. That's a win, and you take it 100% of the tine.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
like this deal a lot. to me, nash is still a very effective 2-way winger that can score and can be a real going concern
at times. an upgrade on spooner, although you lose speed there. getting rid of half of beleskey's cap hit is good, and
saves you from the buyout which was 4 years of cap space. spooner was looking at 3M+ next year, and he was always
an awkward fit on this team. credit to him, he turned into a pretty decent option in the top 9 on the wing. the late 1st
and lindgren is normal cost for a high-end rental, and they didn't give up any of the top prospects (plus, LHD and LW are
by far the deepest spots in the prospect pool).

i expect part 2 for sweeney is to bring in 2 more forwards for depth. figure a winger and a center. since the gionta
stuff is out there, i expect he's one of the 2 depth guys that costs us nothing but minimum salary. not sure who their
C target will be, but probably a guy ok being a depth option (brad richardson, etc).

look forward to tonight's game!

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Don't think for one second that beating they took last night didn't push DS. He had to know this team is not good enough for a long run.

Don't let that score fool us, we looked like we didn't belong on the same ice as that team last night
I mean just a few weeks ago we completely dominated them without Marchand and with Matthews so I'm not going to sweat 1 game too much.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Spoons and Debrusk were really beginning to jell. What a set up last night for Debrusk goal Krejci to Spoons to Debrusk. Beautiful all done with finesse and speed.
Yeah but the rest of the game they spent in their own end,Cassidy was giving extra shifts to the forth line.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
For years we have lamented that the Bruins ' management were too tentative at the trade deadline. Chiarelli thought he finally broke that ceiling except he got double crossed by Iginla and his desire to play with Crosby in 2013.

Now we finally have a team with the cupboards overflowing with prospects and the GM has made a ballsy move to see if he can ride the current momentum to another Cup this year.

Let us hope that Bergeron is not seriously banged up and that we can sit back and watch a rejuvenated Rick Nash give the Bruins two potent scoring lines.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Bruins did not give up a single asset that was going to be playing for them next season, not one. Held on to all their kids and came away with a player that will be miles ahead of Spooner. Good deal and even with retaining 50% on Belesky they come out ahead of having to buy him out.
Solid way of looking at it. Not a fan of rentals but it does send a very positive message to the core guys that they are going for it.
Beleskey going and clearing cap dollars next season is the win. Sweeney has rectified most of his miss with the Beleskey signing with a positive outcome for the team and the player. He wasn't going to fit here, gave him a change of scenery and sends a league wide message that the organization tries to do whats right for it's players.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I'm not sure Nash was the right player for Sweeney to Target. He's a poor playoff performer and has produced like a third liner for the last 2 years. That's a lot to give up for a third liner especially when still retaining salary on Beleskey.

Im skeptical, but hopefully this works out. I'm glad he didn't have to give up any of our top young prospects. I'm not convinced Lindgrens upside is more than a 5/6 given his lack of size and offense.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia

And the Bruins had their way with the Leafs their last game together. It’s anyone’s series. The Bruins are right to solidify their team if there’s a chance for a deep playoff run, they didn’t need last night’s game to tell them that. This deal happens if they win last night’s game.

Reactions: gtbruins

Bruin1970

Feb 23, 2018
Cherry-picking.

It's not for everyone.
Exactly- let's ignore the fact that Nash scored 27 last year on an inferior team. Nash will be 1. Playing for his next contract. 2. Given possibly his last chance to win a Cup. An engaged Rick Nash is still a top tier player.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
like this deal a lot. to me, nash is still a very effective 2-way winger that can score and can be a real going concern
at times. an upgrade on spooner, although you lose speed there. getting rid of half of beleskey's cap hit is good, and
saves you from the buyout which was 4 years of cap space. spooner was looking at 3M+ next year, and he was always
an awkward fit on this team. credit to him, he turned into a pretty decent option in the top 9 on the wing. the late 1st
and lindgren is normal cost for a high-end rental, and they didn't give up any of the top prospects (plus, LHD and LW are
by far the deepest spots in the prospect pool).

i expect part 2 for sweeney is to bring in 2 more forwards for depth. figure a winger and a center. since the gionta
stuff is out there, i expect he's one of the 2 depth guys that costs us nothing but minimum salary. not sure who their
C target will be, but probably a guy ok being a depth option (brad richardson, etc).

look forward to tonight's game!

always the level headed student of the game ^^
Nugs gets the big picture

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Oh sorry the refs screwed us THAT'S why we lost. That better? The Leaf's if not for Rask would have put up a 6 spot.

After getting Nash we have a much better chance of beating them

Actually I was ok with the call....but saying the bruins didn't belong on the ice with that team is laughable. Bruins dominated most of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad