Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Rick Nash for Spooner, Lindgren (rights) 2018 first, 2019 7th and Beleskey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Funny I said earlier the season that Debrusk with the way he skates and handles the puck (has that more upright, arms out stance), reminded me a lot of a smaller Rick Nash.

Now they will be on the same line most likely.

Debrusk likely won't ever be a 40 goal scorer in the league but 30 is possible. Nash teaching him "tricks" , where to be on the ice etc. will go a long way.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
I know I am mostly alone here but I am so happy to get rid of spooner. His play has been great the last month but this is out of character and he will soon disappear. He doesn't know what defense means and he lacks any kind of physicality. Spooner definitely was not going to be on Bruins next year no matter what. Too many young guys on the way that are better than him

Awesome to get rid of half beleskey contract!

Lindgren was our 4th best left D prospect. We still have zboril vaakanainen and lauzon

Time for a long playoff run. Good job sweeney!!
You're not really alone on this. Spoons had started to grow on me this year, yet you never knew if it would last. Now that we are near crunch time and the intensity increases, it wasn't worth taking a risk to see which Spoons would stand up.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I get that people like Spooner, but he had an offensive zone start percentage of 77%. That's the highest rate for anyone in the entire league who's played more than 11 games. Cassidy didn't trust him defensively, and the offensive zone starts and multiple benching prove that.

For weeks we've been talking about adding a top 6 winger, who do you think we were replacing? It certainly wasn't going to be Marchand, Pastrnak, or DeBrusk.

Would people have felt better getting a 2nd + prospect from someone else for Spooner instead of using him to get rid of Beleskey? It probably would have cost at least that to get someone to take Beleskey this summer.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
I get that people like Spooner, but he had an offensive zone start percentage of 77%. That's the highest rate for anyone in the entire league who's played more than 11 games. Cassidy didn't trust him defensively, and the offensive zone starts and multiple benching prove that.

For weeks we've been talking about adding a top 6 winger, who do you think we were replacing? It certainly wasn't going to be Marchand, Pastrnak, or DeBrusk.

Would people have felt better getting a 2nd + prospect from someone else for Spooner instead of using him to get rid of Beleskey? It probably would have cost at least that to get someone to take Beleskey this summer.

Yes when the Bruins were on the hot streak...one of the few weaknesses on the team was the Krejci line in the defensive zone. They weren't good enough defensively and part of that was Spooner.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
tough to swallow. thats a lot for a rental thats been sub-par. One can only hope he regains his Clb form and tears it up here.

Alot? How so? Spooner was on his way out, we didn’t trade anything close to a top prospect in the system, Beleskey is down in the AHL and a 1st rounder for a name like Nash is the normal. Its going to be a low 1st rounder too. I think we made out to be honest, we just got a 6 time All Star who is only 3 years removed from netting 42. Pretty good.

Reactions: Chief Nine

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
I like Nash, think is a good fit, I don’t like giving up a 1st, not something I would've done. The rest is fine.

It wasn’t a terrible deal.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Love that Sweeney made such a big move without giving up the best prospects. Don't get me wrong, the Rangers got very good value.
Well said!

I'm not a big fan of the trade but I'm liking it more as time passes.:laugh:

Sweeney brought in a big-time goal-mouth presence who can put the puck in the net,kill penalties and play both ends of the ice. The bottom-line is. The Bruins are better today than they were yesterday!:thumbu:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Bergeron should be a little bit familiar with Nash from the Olympics, although I don't recall they ever played on the same line.

I really want to see what they do with Rick and Riley on the uniform nameplates. :laugh:

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec

And when we will get a top 6 ? Tomorrow ? A 40 pts guy is a 3rd liner

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
The Bruins have a bunch of guys who in theory are gonna be able to provide you exactly what Spooner provided at a fraction of the price.

Chiarelli would have kept Spooner, overpaid him then had to dump some of our good young players just to fit under that cap.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Some of you doom and gloom posters are pathetic. This is a pretty solid deadline deal the biggest piece we gave was Spooner. I was a huge Spooner fan since we drafted him but I'm fine letting him go for a playoff run with Nash, a clearly superior player. We didn't give up any of our top prospects eithee, Lindgren is a solid prospect but nothing to cry about losing . All in all, this whining and complaining from some of you is totally unjustified .

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think Nash will be a good fit with you guys.

He'll be in a role where he can "one of" the guys and not have the spotlight on him, along withavoiding the expectation that the team is in trouble if he doesn't score.

Obviously, he's not the offensive driving force that he once was. But he's a two-way winger, who is a good support guy, and he is capable of popping in 25 goals.

If you look at him through the prism of what he is, and not what he was, or what he was expected to be for your team, you'll likely be happy with him.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Well said!

I'm not a big fan of the trade but I'm liking it more as time passes.:laugh:

Sweeney brought in a big-time goal-mouth presence who can put the puck in the net,kill penalties and play both ends of the ice. The bottom-line is. The Bruins are better today than they were yesterday!:thumbu:

Yep and you have to love having long-established vets like Nash and Backes who haven't won the Cup (yet). They are going to be hungry.

Reactions: Chief Nine and TCB

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
This is a fantastic day.

The Spooner frustration is over, and now we have Rick Nash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad