Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Rick Nash for Spooner, Lindgren (rights) 2018 first, 2019 7th and Beleskey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Not Happy.

I liked Spooner.
Respect your opinion as you are one of my favorite people here & see more of this team than anyone but if we kept guys based on just liking them a lot then Chris Kelly would still be a Bruin.

I think this makes them a better team and addresses some bookkeeping issues moving forward. Even without this deal Spooner was not going to be in the lineup in 2019 over Bjork, JFK, Frederic, Donato, Cehlarik, etc. Wish the guy the best, but this was a move that needed to happen.

Tazz

Oct 4, 2017
My break down of the deal;

I see this as a two-part deal,

part one NASH for a 1st and LINDGREN...break down- we all knew the Rags were going to get a first and a prospect from whomever made a pitch so no surprise here. In fact they may have gotten a higher 1st from another team and a similar prospect. With ZBORIL, LAUZON and VAAK all in the cupboard, losing LINDGREN sucks but not a show-stopper.

part two (motivated for cap purposes now and for the future) 50 % BELESKEY's remaining term for SPOONER and a 7th round pick. ..break down...SPOONER had another 20+ games + playoffs left in Boston, period, full stop. After an arbitration year at 2.8, in order to retain him his salary was going up into the BELESKEY range and he was not going to be a Bruin after 1 July.

I'm okay with this deal. Still love to see DS somehow snag MCDONAGH too if the return makes sense, I suspect it would take KRUG + to make it happen though.

Guessing the lines now project as...

MARCHAND-BERGERON-PASTRNAK
DEBRUSK-KREJCI-Rick NASH
HEINEN-Riley NASH-BACKES
SCHALLER-KURALY-ACCIARI

Reactions: ProdigalFan

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
tough to swallow. thats a lot for a rental thats been sub-par. One can only hope he regains his Clb form and tears it up here.

Reactions: Critical

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Respect your opinion as you are one of my favorite people here & see more of this team than anyone but if we kept guys based on just liking them a lot then Chris Kelly would still be a Bruin.

I think this makes them a better team and addresses some bookkeeping issues moving forward. Even without this deal Spooner was not going to be in the lineup in 2019 over Bjork, JFK, Frederic, Donato, Cehlarik, etc. Wish the guy the best, but this was a move that needed to happen.
We will see. Spooner has looked much improved this season.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Do you know what cherry picking means?

what you are doing sir

the deal is done

unless rangers hit a home run with a late 1st , Spooner resigns and Lindgren is a starter down the line... I mean what are the chances this is happening

There was a thin market for goal scorers ...No doubt Rangers could have fetched a 2nd round pick from teams xyz

Sweeney beat them out with a late 1st or early 2nd if you think about it

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Love this deal.

1st and Lindegren is a fair deal.

Spooner and a 7th to take half of Beleskey is fine with me, mainly because you're replacing Spooner with Nash, and they clearly had no intentions of re-signing him to yet another raise.

They just added a potential impact player without giving up a top prospect or an ELC guy. That's a win, and you take it 100% of the tine.

I like the way you put it:thumbu: but I still would of liked to see all of Beleskey contract gone. Although I think its pretty hard for a team like the Rangers to add anyone's existing contract as they're a team who'll need all the Cap-room they can get.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
I think it's a decent deal. I wanted more money (Beleskey) gone, but cap space is to precious nowadays and every penny counts. Spooner, despite having a good year, was just a placeholder for Donato/Bjork that's why he was expendable.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Reactions: Trizz617

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Just some food for thought...While Rick Nash, on a whole, is considered to struggle in the playoffs, his last 3 post-season appearances have been pretty good:

36 GP -- 10G -- 13A -- 23P -- 0.64 PPG

When he comes here, he won't be "the guy" on the top line. He'll be with Krejci on the 2nd. I'm not saying he comes here and lights it up in the Playoffs or anything. Just a different perspective. Also, a lot of talk about him playing in AV's system, which is considered much more defensive. Maybe coming over and playing in a more offensive system under Cassidy will help a bit with production.

Marchands last 47 playoff games

6-18-24

Reactions: Estlin

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I knew Bruins were going to get him but thought the defenceman in deal would be off of the roster .O well that is part of the fun trying to guess who goes and stays.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I think it's a decent deal. I wanted more money (Beleskey) gone, but cap space is to precious nowadays and every penny counts. Spooner, despite having a good year, was just a placeholder for Donato/Bjork that's why he was expendable.
The Rangers kept half of Nash's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad