Post-Game Talk: Bruins 4 at Canucks 0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
yc6oIVY.png

55d7Wz7.png

mfEMmP9.png

Good grief Bartkowski with almost 19:00 on ice.:shakehead Thats something we don't want to see...

corona

Jan 20, 2007
Kind of trailed in and out of this game as it wasn't very exciting, but two thoughts:

It's clear they need to put Hutton on the top PP. Sure the Sedins didn't manufacture any direct chances on the PP, but the play always seems to die on Edler or Vrbata's stick. Need to get those two away from the PP.

I thought Horvat looked better this game. I hope they give him time to gel with Kenins and Burrows. That line actually makes sense, it's two guys who actually complement Horvat.

The Jesus*

I missed a bit of the press conference but did the media seriously not follow up on the "must" game stuff??

They hit Willie pretty hard. Willie said our division sucks and we're still in the race. That we can get back in the thick of things with some wins.

"Lost 5 straight. 2 wins in the last 12. What makes you think this team is even capable of that?"

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
They hit Willie pretty hard. Willie said our division sucks and we're still in the race. That we can get back in the thick of things with some wins.

"Lost 5 straight. 2 wins in the last 12. What makes you think this team is even capable of that?"

He stuttered with his answer too. :laugh:

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
We have the least amount of wins out of anyone in the NHL right ?
I know we have a ridiculous amount of loser points
But it's sad how we're technically still in the race :laugh:

The Jesus*

He stuttered with his answer too. :laugh:

You could tell he was thinking "I dont! FFS you think Im stupid? We suck!" But you can't exactly coach and inspire effort and confidence if you go out and say that.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Bartkowski had a few pretty bad defensive blunders, but he moved the puck pretty well tonight. Far better than anyone else on the back end.

Far enough man, I was kind of out of it. I'll admit the spread out ice time is slightly better than almost 30 for Edler/Tanev.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
17 shots tonight, 16 shots before this and 16 shots before that?

What the actual ****. :laugh:

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
This is it. They have to do something after this. The coach said before the game that they had to show something and they didn't. Benning has to make some kind of move. A new coach? A new center? Waive somebody?

The Jesus*

17 shots tonight, 16 shots before this and 16 shots before that?

What the actual ****. :laugh:

We're a bad hockey team. Baertschi isn't an NHL player. Virtanen isn't even an AHL level player. McCann has flair, but is far from ready. Horvat hasn't been good (though I liked him tonight). Vrbata is just cancerous and awful, might as well be a rookie.

Then you throw in our atrocious defense? We're just a bad, bad team top to bottom. One of the main reasons I wanted to keep Bieksa around. It's gonna be real easy for this group of guys to get apathetic and just start going through the motions. At least Juice came in and gave it his all every shift. He'd be a huge asset in that dressing room right now.

Oh well. Spilled milk.

Nov 1, 2011
Start taking liberties on their better players, then they'll take notice.

That's why I'm okay with this.

A team wants to play tough against your less tough guys, you have to do the same.

The series would have changed in 2010 if Hansen blatantly elbows Bergeron in the head for the shots the Sedins were taking.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
If the Ducks win their next game in any way (gain a point), and we lose to the Sabres, we fall to 25th in the league. It only takes two more wins by every the other team below for us to tank to 30th place!

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I think I stopped feel anything about pure W or L or OT now.

The only thing that still makes me feel a little something is the comparison of our youths vs other teams, the amount of contribution of Gaudreau, Monahan, Drailsaitl, Tarasenko, Domi, Duclair, Larkin, MacKinnon have to their respective teams.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
If the Ducks win their next game in any way (gain a point), and we lose to the Sabres, we fall to 25th in the league. It only takes two more wins by every the other team below for us to tank to 30th place!

But we aren't "tanking", we're just plain "sucking". There is a conscious effort to tank, these guys can't help but suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad