Seravalli: Brock Boeser on the Move? | Major Update —02/17/2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Boeser was great last year, bad to start this year, but has been very good under BB. He is consistently in the 30 goal/60 point range, which he is back. On pace for this year. He is better defensively than credited for.

I don’t see the QO as that big a deal, nobody in their right mind is touching 7.5 long term on him. I expect he will go somewhere 6.5x6 range
He wouldn’t get close to the return that JT Miller would.

I think the ask would be a 1st or similar value rhd prospect, b prospect and roster player to make the money work.

something around Bahl, Zacha, McLeod, 2nd, Ty smith, Severson with the devils could make a lot of sense. (A package of these obviously not all)

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Boeser's value would technically be higher than Toffoli's considering age, but the majority of Toffoli's value came from his contract, which have a significantly better cap hit and term.

If I'm looking at it correctly, Boeser is due a $7.5m QO at season's end and is a year from UFA if he or the team chooses to elect arbitration. So this would probably make him a less attractive option compared to a guy like Miller, no?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Boeser's value would technically be higher than Toffoli's considering age, but the majority of Toffoli's value came from his contract, which have a significantly better cap hit and term.

If I'm looking at it correctly, Boeser is due a $7.5m QO at season's end and is a year from UFA if he or the team chooses to elect arbitration. So this would probably make him a less attractive option compared to a guy like Miller, no?

We definitely value Miller higher then Boeser at this point, but there's still going to be a solid package having to return. 7.5 isn't terribly out of line, and if the receiving team has a half competent GM, his cap hit will be smaller then his QO over a longer term.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
We definitely value Miller higher then Boeser at this point, but there's still going to be a solid package having to return. 7.5 isn't terribly out of line, and if the receiving team has a half competent GM, his cap hit will be smaller then his QO over a longer term.
All dependent on whether he wants to be there. These high QOs take the leverage out of the GM's hands.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't think Boeser has much more value than any other complementary top-6 forward. I would think he has more value than guys like Toffoli, Zucker and Brassard, but I feel like it's not as much as Canucks fans would want.

If that group of 3 brings back a 1st and a B prospect, I think Boeser brings back a higher 1st and a better prospect, but not much more. Maybe a 1st in the 10-15 range plus a recent 1st round prospect or something like that.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I want to play Brock, Brock Geno...

Kappy, 1st and Poulin still on the table...JR...We'll let you throw in a 2nd with him, just to let you feel like we got a fair deal.

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
I don't think Boeser has much more value than any other complementary top-6 forward. I would think he has more value than guys like Toffoli, Zucker and Brassard, but I feel like it's not as much as Canucks fans would want.

If that group of 3 brings back a 1st and a B prospect, I think Boeser brings back a higher 1st and a better prospect, but not much more. Maybe a 1st in the 10-15 range plus a recent 1st round prospect or something like that.

I would be happy with that.

He is too one dimensional for my liking and is not a strong skater. If the Canucks are looking to clear cap, Boeser would be at the top of my list.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016

Everything aside, Boeser is a less attractive option because of their roles and abilities in the ice. Miller is simply just far better at hockey, and holds far more value.

for the sake of argument, Miller would return 3 high end pieces. Boeser would get one high end piece and another lesser piece.

Reactions: belair

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Personally I would go for Faber/Spence/Grans and Vilardi/Kupari plus a 3rd

This would likely be a yes from LA, although I think the Kings would need Vancouver to take on an expiring contract (AA or Maatta) or retain. This is exactly the type of deal LA needs to make, they are loaded with right-shot defenseman and center prospects but lacking natural finishers on the wing, especially right shot ones. Boeser is also an RFA at the end, which is a bonus.

Both forwards are about even, IMO, Vilardi has a bit more upside but also has AAAA player downside, where as Kupari will have a role in the NHL but probably not a top 6 upside player.

I like Faber a lot, he'd be tough to lose but again with the RH d-man on the roster and in the system the Kings aren't going to have spots for all these guys.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Everything aside, Boeser is a less attractive option because of their roles and abilities in the ice. Miller is simply just far better at hockey, and holds far more value.

for the sake of argument, Miller would return 3 high end pieces. Boeser would get one high end piece and another lesser piece.
Which is not way north of what Toffoli got, which is my point, I guess.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Some shitty team looking to turn a page will probably overpay for him. Very curious about how this one develops.

VC fans who like to play fantasy gm wont like me saying this. But i know some on our board are in agreement.

With that qualifying offer as a vc fan i dont know who would pay for him? Unless you want to take a big swing. Lets assume hes generous and agrees to a 6.5 million dollar deal. I still dont think hes worth that for what he brings, if hes not scoring goals theres just not much to his game. If toffoli is a comparable thats what a good/great contract looks like. Heck maybe if he would take 5 then i would say its a good deal.

Also interested to hopefully see how this plays out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad