Seravalli: Brock Boeser on the Move? | Major Update —02/17/2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'd be looking at a first and a good young player or prospect, retention available, and we can assume an extension can be discussed. The opening tweet here says his return would be "way north" of Toffoli's, a first, a potential fourth, a fifth, a prospect drafted in the second round last year, and a roster contract. So I don't know what "way north' is, but if the fits right, I'm just thinking it is a general "more than" Toffoli.

Boeser's another player I am not in rush to trade, and even his QO doesn't really affect his value to us, as any GM worth his salt can draw comparisons to players making that kind of cap hit being much better.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Sorry, seravelli has no credibility when he says “ they really don’t know what to do!” . Hall of famer and three time cup champ getting shit on from someone still wet behind the ears. Arrogant clown. How about this they’re exploring all options. Who’d a thunk it

I didn't hear that in the posted clip at all. Vancouver being conflicted about how to proceed at this time is not an insulation of incompetence.

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Devils fans have been talking about him on the team board lately, he's got a 7.5m Qualifying offer and 2 more RFA years I believe. Hard to value that, a lot of teams probably have no interest at that QA number and it doesn't look like he's progressed much from his early success?

He'd look good on the Devils playing next to Hughes. Maybe a more defensively responsible player on the other wing.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Devils fans have been talking about him on the team board lately, he's got a 7.5m Qualifying offer and 2 more RFA years I believe. Hard to value that, a lot of teams probably have no interest at that QA number and it doesn't look like he's progressed much from his early success?
Boeser has 1 more RFA year, He's played 6 years already. A UFA in 2024/2025 if not signed long term.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
QA only matters if he accepts it 2 years in a row and moves to UFA. He can be signed for less than his QA if that is what the agree upon.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Not sure how Boeser should be worth that much more than Toffoli.

Younger, sure, but less productive recently and with a 7.5 millions qualifying offer as a RFA while Toffoli was signed for 2 more years at 4.25 millions.

I think people will offer a 1st + a decent prospect.
Boeser much better looking.

And the hair. Wowza. 1st unto itself.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Brock has always made sense to move.

Need cap space. Lots of wingers. He isn’t particularly fast.

Miller should go too but there’s not a real rush and clearly the offers currently blow goats.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I mean Miller is playing better and producing more which makes him objectively the better player. Generally you keep the better players and move the lesser ones if you expect the cap to be similar. Moving Boeser makes more sense to me in every aspect with the exception of age. They have a lot of good players it could be that Van thinks they can retool the team and get back into competitiveness quickly. Its not like the Pacific is full of powerhouse teams, a good portion of the division is still rebuilding.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad