LeBrun: Bringing in upper echelon goalie is "pretty big priority" for Leafs.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Woll > Ullmark AINEC
So not only is a guy with 23 career NHL wins is better than the guy that won the Vezina Trophy and the Jennings Trophy last season but now INEC !!!!!! Well congratulations for bringing homerism to a new level never before seen on this site. :thumbu:

giphy2.gif

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
The more I think about it, Ullmark is deal, if the Leafs are going to insist on going after a "big" goalie this summer and not wait until next summer (which I would prefer).

Ullmark is only 1 year and his 15 team NTC will make it so he can basically choose where he goes. The team / teams that he chooses won't have to pay Boston a lot because there's no bidding war. Reasonable cap hit, 1 year commitment only, not a lot of assets required to give up to acquire him. Vezina winner.

Ideally, if both goalies stay healthy, Berube gives Woll 30 starts and Ullmark can have 52. We need Woll playing so we can decide if he's our future starter, or maybe, or no. He needs an opportunity to show us what he can do.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Woll > Ullmark AINEC
If homerism was a disease, they‘d be giving you the last rites as we speak. This is just about the most laughable quote I have seen since a Toronto fan told me „we‘re building a dynasty!“ about 7 years ago. Congratulation on being the new delusion king of the hill, Toronto version.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Jarry wins 50 games next year for Toronto. Gets hurt the last game of the season and Toronto is forced to start Matt Murray game 1 in the playoffs

Reactions: orby

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Y'all can shoo this away all ya want..... but this just reeeeeks of Jordan Binnington to the 6 ;)

Especially with the berube addition and combining it with the fact that binnington is likely much easier cost of acquisiton then any other top 10-12 goalie in the NHL(Maybe we retain a mill?). On top of being the stoic personality that can handle pressure and media in the playoffs, famously quoted as saying "do I look nervous?" on his way to stanley cup championship and has consistently proven to be a big game/playoff performer. Him playing with fire and losing his temper at times(didn't happen much if at all this year) should be something leafs actually want not hate on.(something Roy, Hasek and Hextall all had in them) Guy knows when his team needs to wake up and sometimes he takes it into his own hands to up the competetiveness lol. Honestly, as a blues fan i love his fire and would certainly miss him. But frankly we aren't winning another cup anytime soon and don't really need his services at the moment

No clue what i'd want as the return on him lol

For me, it’s saros or binnington.

I’m not feeling the markstrom or Gibson takes here.

And I’m in the binnington camp for exactly the reasons you’ve stated

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
The more I think about it, Ullmark is deal, if the Leafs are going to insist on going after a "big" goalie this summer and not wait until next summer (which I would prefer).

Ullmark is only 1 year and his 15 team NTC will make it so he can basically choose where he goes. The team / teams that he chooses won't have to pay Boston a lot because there's no bidding war. Reasonable cap hit, 1 year commitment only, not a lot of assets required to give up to acquire him. Vezina winner.

Ideally, if both goalies stay healthy, Berube gives Woll 30 starts and Ullmark can have 52. We need Woll playing so we can decide if he's our future starter, or maybe, or no. He needs an opportunity to show us what he can do.

Boston is in absolutely no rush to get rid of Ullmark; while there seems to be somewhat of a consensus that Ullmark would not be interested in coming to Toronto; even if Boston & Toronto could find a way to make a deal.

If the return isn't substantial for Boston, there's absolutely no reason to do a deal, and Toronto doesn't exactly have a ton of "substance" to offer up.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Markstrom is a natural fit. Treliving was hard after Tanev so “upper echelon” /Calgary connection makes it a easy match

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Some smart team out there will nab Gibson. There is risk, but he plays in front of awful defense, and his play fades as the season goes on because hope dies, and the guy is a competitor. I want to see what happens if he plays in front of a great team

Reactions: stats1

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Some smart team out there will nab Gibson. There is risk, but he plays in front of awful defense, and his play fades as the season goes on because hope dies, and the guy is a competitor. I want to see what happens if he plays in front of a great team
This ^ by December all hope is gone. Just atrocious D it’s a joke what he’s had to play behind. The guy has 30-35 shots by 2nd intermission. If he doesn’t stand on his head they have no chance

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
This ^ by December all hope is gone. Just atrocious D it’s a joke what he’s had to play behind. The guy has 30-35 shots by 2nd intermission. If he doesn’t stand on his head they have no chance
Over the last five years he's fourth in shots faced. Over the last three years he's fifth. Every goaltender ahead of him has put up way better numbers. Most overrated player on HF.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site

Just wondering if you feel the same way about how Marner's NMC impacts what the Leafs can get back in a deal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad