Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
That happens, especially when you consider that two of their better D are up with the big club now. You'd like to see them win, but at some point they're going to lose any player that's valuable.

Yeah it's all good. Carkner has been suspended so they've been down 3 of their top 4 D. I like their effort though; been battling hahd as they say. The baby Rags game was scrappy. They came back from 5-2, there were a couple of fights and Leduc was thrown out. Almost tied it in the last seconds.

Oh man he scorched that one.

And I found the tweet:
Nice!

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Yeah it's all good. Carkner has been suspended so they've been down 3 of their top 4 D. I like their effort though; been battling hahd as they say. The baby Rags game was scrappy. They came back from 5-2, there were a couple of fights and Leduc was thrown out. Almost tied it in the last seconds.

Nice!

What was Carkner suspended for? I saw them play the Wolfpack Thanksgiving weekend and BST outclassed them by quite a lot. Even the amazing Tanner Glass couldn't do anything against Bridgeport.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
What was Carkner suspended for? I saw them play the Wolfpack Thanksgiving weekend and BST outclassed them by quite a lot. Even the amazing Tanner Glass couldn't do anything against Bridgeport.

He boarded someone on Hershey. Got 1 game I think, then sat out the next one (not sure why, maybe health).

Last edited:

Isles Enforcer

Sep 22, 2005
New York
www.islesenforcers.com
Leading scorer Joe Whitney may be out a while. He took a boarding penalty and last night and a big scrum ensued and a couple of guys fell on his leg. he had to be helped off and Thompson speculated that its gonna be a while until hes back.

Bummer for him and for the team.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Leading scorer Joe Whitney may be out a while. He took a boarding penalty and last night and a big scrum ensued and a couple of guys fell on his leg. he had to be helped off and Thompson speculated that its gonna be a while until hes back.

Damn, that sucks bad. He was doing really well too. Best wishes to him.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah that was rough. They jumped him and ruined his knee. I expect some fireworks tonight.

Thompson:
He said Whitney finished the hit on Harper — “I have the luxury of video; it’s a shoulder-to-shoulder hit” — and “two guys jumped him. When they jumped him, they landed on him.”
http://blog.ctnews.com/fornabaio/2016/01/15/portland-liveblog-12

FYI, Collberg and Graham have been healthy scratches.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
Yeah that was rough. They jumped him and ruined his knee. I expect some fireworks tonight.

Thompson:
He said Whitney finished the hit on Harper — “I have the luxury of video; it’s a shoulder-to-shoulder hit†— and “two guys jumped him. When they jumped him, they landed on him.â€
http://blog.ctnews.com/fornabaio/2016/01/15/portland-liveblog-12

FYI, Collberg and Graham have been healthy scratches.

I wonder if the players who jumped him will be suspended until whitney returns?

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
End of 1st:
1-0 Portland

Portland is dominating but Gibson is playing out of his mind.

Halmo got his ass kicked in a fight he instigated.

End of 2nd:
2-0 Portland
Shots 23-14

3-1 Final.

BST has nothing going on right now.

Last edited:

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
When was the last time this team was competitive?

How is it they're always terrible ?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
When was the last time this team was competitive?

How is it they're always terrible ?

They were doing well earlier. Now they have two of their best defenders called up and Whitney is out. This team has no offensive prospects really, so it's not a surprise they're struggling while the other guys are out of the lineup.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Two games in a row Pulock has turned over the puck while on the powerplay, and both times he was immediately taken off the ice. He's always back on the ice shortly after but you can tell Thompson is holding him to a high standard. I like it.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Two games in a row Pulock has turned over the puck while on the powerplay, and both times he was immediately taken off the ice. He's always back on the ice shortly after but you can tell Thompson is holding him to a high standard. I like it.

And that's why he isn't up with the big club yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad