Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
i believe that they still incorporate the 'team decision' method of management. this is probably just a way to deflect criticism away from any one individual.

i do agree with having input from numerous sources, but i believe that there is always someone that gets the final 'say'. chain of command, blah, blah, blah...

it is curious to see Pelech given the nod, though. not that it's wrong, mind you. if the decision was to bring Pelech in, because he is a stabilizing force on the back end, then i agree with it.

hey, without Boychuk, we beat the Stars. can't complain too much. but then again, maybe complaining keeps these goombas on their toes. if that is the case, then....

SNOW MUST GO!!!!!!!!

:D :naughty:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
If capuano is solely in charge of deciding who is brought up and sent down then the team has far bigger problems then the coach.

Cap doesn't make the decision to call up or send down, seems like Thompson / Snow drives that according to Staple.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Snow is the one pulling the strings on any roster moves, but Snow/Capuano are very much on the same page (which is likely why he's been able to stick around for so long).

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Williams playing keep away from the linesman while talking ****.

2g1Tfnr.gif

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Any reason for that?

I remember Williams flipping the net when his teammate was injured and the ref wouldn't blow the whistle. Looks like he's quite a character.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Any reason for that?

I remember Williams flipping the net when his teammate was injured and the ref wouldn't blow the whistle. Looks like he's quite a character.

Hah I have no idea. The play was pretty ordinary. He's busting balls about something though.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Staple on IPB podcast yesterday discussing Pelech vs Pulock vs Mayfield.

Staple thinks Garth was surprised that Pelech got the nod from Thompson since he was lower on the depth chart even late last year. He also said he thinks the coaching staff was nervous about putting him on the right side. He thinks Pelech play on his first call up helped his cause.

Staple thought he looked steady and poised, and that is the official word from the coaches. He said the coaches value physicality and he thinks Mayfield is next if Pelech falters.

He said some players are uncomfortable switching sides (even NHL vets) and some players can pull it off.

Hopefully Pelech can pull it off.

https://soundcloud.com/snyhockey/islanders-point-blank-podcast-down-pulock-out-boychuk

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Staple on IPB podcast yesterday discussing Pelech vs Pulock vs Mayfield.

Staple thinks Garth was surprised that Pelech got the nod from Thompson since he was lower on the depth chart even late last year. He also said he thinks the coaching staff was nervous about putting him on the right side. He thinks Pelech play on his first call up helped his cause.

Staple thought he looked steady and poised, and that is the official word from the coaches. He said the coaches value physicality and he thinks Mayfield is next if Pelech falters.

He said some players are uncomfortable switching sides (even NHL vets) and some players can pull it off.

Hopefully Pelech can pull it off.

https://soundcloud.com/snyhockey/islanders-point-blank-podcast-down-pulock-out-boychuk

And they apparently think Pulock isn't a good skater.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008

They aren't the only ones. It's been his biggest weakness since his junior days, IMO.

Haven't watched him much since he left the WHL, but I'd have to imagine it's gotten better. Maybe it hasn't?

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
They aren't the only ones. It's been his biggest weakness since his junior days, IMO.

Haven't watched him much since he left the WHL, but I'd have to imagine it's gotten better. Maybe it hasn't?

It's better than Reinhart (I can probably skate better than him) yet they gave him a chance last year.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
According to Capuano, when it came time to replace Boychuck, he spoke to Thompson and they decided on Pelech.

Not having your scouts and GMs decide on call-ups is insane in my opinion. It's their job to evaluate talent. That's not why you hire a coach.

You would think in a well run organization, the head coach, minor coach and GM would all talk and come to the best conclusion. I'd imagine Snow had some say in it.... to us it's just a player moving, but on the business end you've got all kinds of rules involved. I'm sure the GM has to submit some kind of paperwork to the league as well.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah I was surprised to hear that. If they think he's a bad skater they must think Pelech and Mayfield are dog doo. I'd say only Graham and Church are better skaters (I think Graham skates backwards faster than a lot of their forwards skate forward). Maybe his first step is a touch slow for the NHL but there's not much to complain about IMO.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Yeah I was surprised to hear that. If they think he's a bad skater they must think Pelech and Mayfield are dog doo. I'd say only Graham and Church are better skaters (I think Graham skates backwards faster than a lot of their forwards skate forward). Maybe his first step is a touch slow for the NHL but there's not much to complain about IMO.

I think it's about as valid as the handedness argument

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Pulock was interviewed in the intermission on Sat night. He said that this year players on the PK have been pressuring him to eliminate his shot (forward up high by him). Said he has had to make adjustments due to that. Also said his Dad was a big Islander fan growing up and he still talks about their glory years.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Pulock was interviewed in the intermission on Sat night. He said that this year players on the PK have been pressuring him to eliminate his shot (forward up high by him). Said he has had to make adjustments due to that. Also said his Dad was a big Islander fan growing up and he still talks about their glory years.

There's a picture of him as a kid in an isles jersey. I think he tweeted it when we first drafted him but I can't remember.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Pulock PP goal in a 5-4 loss to Hartford. That's two 5-4 losses in a row.

4RF4xPm.gif

Awesome

That happens, especially when you consider that two of their better D are up with the big club now. You'd like to see them win, but at some point they're going to lose any player that's valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad