Proposal: Brendan Gallagher to Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
hahaha the fact that you are using ES goals just shows you have no clue what a player like Gallagher brings.

Gallagher is a top 20 ES goal scorer since 2018 ( NHL Most Even Strength Goals Since 2018 | StatMuse)

You should look at your avatar a bit more...
I think you made his case stronger by showing that Gallagher is declining. I like the guy but man thats a lot of money for a long time.

Back to Price:

Edmonton: Price at 50%

MTL-Bourgalte, 2022-1st, Koskinen.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
I think for sure they could trade Gallagher, but his value has never been lower right now . I wouldn’t be a good time to move him .
Just getting rid of his contract is a win and if we get anything back bonus and for the one's that think were going to hold 50% of his contract or Price LOL easy on the juice people its not going to happen.

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
It would be a nice fit with the Oilers. Obviously Habs would need to retain 50% off the contract.

What can work
Montreal won't retain 50 % It's unlikely they'd even retain 25 % Its doubtful they want to trade Gallagher.

Last edited:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Gallagher is a textbook case of the right type of forward for Edmonton to acquire, but the wrong type of contract. They need 2 middle pairing defensemen more than they need that forward though.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Big Ben would make Edmonton a lot better on defense. Gallagher would bring a lot of leadership and playoff game to this rather young team.

Broberg or Bouchard might have to be included.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
You know as players get older their production declines, right? I'm using ES goals because the Oilers don't need him at all on the PP when they are running at 37.8 percent.
The only thing prime with Gallagher anymore is his cap hit

Gallagher is 29 yo, you know 1 year older then RNH, maybe a bit early to put him on a wheelchair

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Sounds like Holland is putting up the big assets. Bouchard is clearly off the table but the 2022 1st or Broberg should definitely be.

Chiarot can log big minutes for you guys right now with the injuries and he may stay on a 4-5yr deal if you get into 2nd round or beyond.

Nurse, Chiarot, Bouchard can all log 20 minutes or more going forward.

Give it up, Broberg isn't available for a rental Chiarot. 2nd + 4th at the deadline. You want to chase a 1st at the deadline or something you might get a bite, won't be from the Oilers.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
The contract, even at 50%, should convince you otherwise. Look at the Oilers long term cap constraints.
Those are rough, but getting number one goalie covered for the next 3-4 seasons would be pretty nice though. We just need Keith to retire next season and we are set.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad