Proposal: Brendan Gallagher to Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
Sounds like Holland is putting up the big assets. Bouchard is clearly off the table but the 2022 1st or Broberg should definitely be.

Chiarot can log big minutes for you guys right now with the injuries and he may stay on a 4-5yr deal if you get into 2nd round or beyond.

Nurse, Chiarot, Bouchard can all log 20 minutes or more going forward.

Broberg is playing more minutes then Chiarot ATM , so no we are not trading him .. nor a 1st for Ben ..TT is not a necessity either as he's a LW

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Sounds like Holland is putting up the big assets. Bouchard is clearly off the table but the 2022 1st or Broberg should definitely be.

Chiarot can log big minutes for you guys right now with the injuries and he may stay on a 4-5yr deal if you get into 2nd round or beyond.

Holland isn't trading his first pick he made as the GM of the Oiler . There also no way in hell even dumb ass Chia would make that trade . Montreal can keep Chia and let him rot :nod:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Broberg is playing more minutes then Chiarot ATM , so no we are not trading him .. nor a 1st for Ben ..TT is not a necessity either as he's a LW

Ok so offer up the 2022 1st as the main piece then.
Chiarot is averaging 23 mins a game, Broberg is around 19.5 no?
Either way, Holland is going to make a move, at least 2 of the 3 needs imo.

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018

Last couple has been 23-24

We don't need Toffoli.. unless he's a RW that Shoots right

I'd pay a 2nd for Chia

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Don’t want him on the Oilers. Good player but Tampa showed he can get physically dominated and rendered near ineffective without retribution or drawing penalties in the playoffs.
Seems to me like, You only watch the Cup Finals and Gallagher wasn't very good.
A lot of insights really yet again.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Not retaining 50% on Gallagher unless the return is very good. He'll probably end up on LTIR island in a few years anyway.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Last couple has been 23-24

We don't need Toffoli.. unless he's a RW that Shoots right

I'd pay a 2nd for Chia

Let's see Broberg do it for a year at least, why drown the kid this year?
Bring in Chiarot and go for Brown in OTT if you need a RW.

Nurse - Chiarot and a duo of Keith and Broberg on the 3rd pair. That's amazing depth.

Every GM would pay a 2nd for Chiarot but he's a minute muncher who has 50+ games in the playoffs the last 4 years.

Worried about a Cup or the 2022/2023 picks that are 2-3 years away from making the team?

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
Let's see Broberg do it for a year at least, why drown the kid this year?
Bring in Chiarot and go for Brown in OTT if you need a RW.

Nurse - Chiarot and a duo of Keith and Broberg on the 3rd pair. That's amazing depth.

Every GM would pay a 2nd for Chiarot but he's a minute muncher who has 50+ games in the playoffs the last 4 years.

Worried about a Cup or the 2022/2023 picks that are 2-3 years away from making the team?

To a point ... We don't need a minute muncher .. he would be on our third pairing here .. yes he's a great player.. does well in the playoffs .. how's he been so far this year in your opinion? From what I've watched this year ( 9 games ish ) .
He looks okay .. worth about a 2nd.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
To a point ... We don't need a minute muncher .. he would be on our third pairing here .. yes he's a great player.. does well in the playoffs .. how's he been so far this year in your opinion? From what I've watched this year ( 9 games ish ) .
He looks okay .. worth about a 2nd.

He's on a horrible Habs team, his stats will reflect that, but on a 8-9 goal/17-18pt pace, just like his career average, blocking shots and laying hits while playing 23 mins a night.

It helps spread the the time pie so nobody is red lining and the prospects/older vets get days off if need be.

A 2nd + decent prospect may get it done. But a 1st Ala the Savard deal seems more likely.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
The problem with Gallagher by the time the playoffs start he is so broken down the puck dies on is stick.

You can have him for 2x 2nd picks

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
well i believe there will be a very solid chance when an offer sheet comes along . now that you have limited cap space for the next umpteen years just remember you heard it here first .

p.s. the 8-9 million a season will be well spent vs the 9 plus you'll be spending on nurse
We also probably heard it here only. The Habs won't be offer sheeting anyone while they are fighting it out for top 5 picks.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Broberg looks better on an NHL ice than Chairot does, you guys need to get over the idea that you are getting an NHL ready prospect for him. You'll be lucky to get a 2nd for him given the other defensemen that could be out there at the deadline. I can't wait for the "Confirmed: Chairot for 4th" trade thread.

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
He's on a horrible Habs team, his stats will reflect that, but on a 8-9 goal/17-18pt pace, just like his career average, blocking shots and laying hits while playing 23 mins a night.

It helps spread the the time pie so nobody is red lining and the prospects/older vets get days off if need be.

A 2nd + decent prospect may get it done. But a 1st Ala the Savard deal seems more likely.

I'd do our 2023 2nd and
Niemeläinen

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

Holland has said repeatedly he will not trade a 1st unless the player is signed long term . Since Holland got his he picks are getting later and later yet he got .

Broberg that everyone seems to want . He should end up better then Bouchard
Holloway took off his D +1 should take over the 3rd line C job with the ability to jump up and play wing
Bourault who is leading the Q in scoring should let us move Yamamoto lower in the line

All very promising prospects . With his drafting i don't blame him for holding that first close

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Broberg looks better on an NHL ice than Chairot does, you guys need to get over the idea that you are getting an NHL ready prospect for him. You'll be lucky to get a 2nd for him given the other defensemen that could be out there at the deadline. I can't wait for the "Confirmed: Chairot for 4th" trade thread.

All 4 games he's looked better? All 4 of em?
Not even a Habs fan, just know Chiarot will get closer to a 1st/2nd+ than a 4th round pick by stat watching.

Holland has said repeatedly he will not trade a 1st unless the player is signed long term . Since Holland got his he picks are getting later and later yet he got .

Broberg that everyone seems to want . He should end up better then Bouchard
Holloway took off his D +1 should take over the 3rd line C job with the ability to jump up and play wing
Bourault who is leading the Q in scoring should let us move Yamamoto lower in the line

All very promising prospects . With his drafting i don't blame him for holding that first close

Just using Savard as a comparable for what he got.

Broberg + Bouchard have no playoff experience.
Ceci has 36 games, Barrie has 30.
Keith has 135.

Gonna need a vet D there to help those kids, would not waste another year worrying about a 1st or 2nd years away from adding to the team.
4 year window.

Last edited:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
You aren't getting either Bouchard or Broberg . There not one thing on the Habs I would trade our 2 prized young D for . Now I know Montreal fans will scream bloody murder over me saying that but when you consider Edmonton's needs there just no way a deal makes sense . Edmonton D has 3 injured players and 1 in Covid-19 quarantine where would we be with out this players ? 4 d injured and we are still doing ok
As long you have Mcdavid and Draisailt scoring 4 points together each game , I still think the Oilers will be okay either way.

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
It would be a nice fit with the Oilers. Obviously Habs would need to retain 50% off the contract.

What can work

Gally is a leader and heart and sole player for the Habs. If we trade him, we are not retaining anything. I don’t blame teams for not trading for him, but Habs are not trading him:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Has any teammate of Gallahger ever said anything bad about him personally? Many people have great things to say about him. I get he is the kind of player opponents hate, but he is a leader on the team.
I think he's a leader when the team is winning. He kicked Subban out of Montreal. His playoff performances in the last years were absymal and didnt show much in terms of leadership. This season he's been sulking because he was not named captain . Now all he does his shake his head when the team gets scored and he's often on the ice. He whine on the ice nonstop , gets ton of penalty for no reasons. He shows pretty terrible leadership compared to Josh Anderson in my opinion. He's great when in a winning team and he's at his best when he positions himself in front of the net which he does less and less nowdays.

Reactions: kanucks25

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
I think he's a leader when the team is winning. He kicked Subban out of Montreal. His playoff performances in the last years were absymal and didnt show much in terms of leadership. This season he's been sulking because he was not named captain . Now all he does his shake his head when the team gets scored and he's often on the ice. He whine on the ice nonstop , gets ton of penalty for no reasons. He shows pretty terrible leadership compared to Josh Anderson in my opinion. He's great when in a winning team and he's at his best when he positions himself in front of the net which he does less and less nowdays.

Gallahger’s play has deteriorated but so has the whole team’s. IMO he has earned his stripes. He is not as much as a leader as Weber, but he is known as a warrior.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Horrible contract even at 50% for Edmonton. Impossible retention for the Habs.

You clearly have no clue. 30 goal scorer, on a low scoring Habs team non the less, with great intangibles at 3.25 from 29 to 35 is horrible? More like a pipe dream for any team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad