Proposal: Brendan Gallagher to Oilers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Don’t want him on the Oilers. Good player but Tampa showed he can get physically dominated and rendered near ineffective without retribution or drawing penalties in the playoffs.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
At full price Gallagher has negative value. If they retained 50% like OP suggested he could probably fetch a decent futures package even though the prospect of taking on a declining player with 6 years on his deal is not appealing.

50% retention on gallagher for bouchard maybe . other than that it's not happening
Ah yes because the Oilers certainly will give up their breakout top 10 pick who has secured his role on the top pair for Montreal's struggling player. Definitely makes sense.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
50% retention on gallagher for bouchard maybe . other than that it's not happening

I was going to light you up for asking for Bouchard.. again. I see a number of people beat me to it. I think the idea that Bouchard will ever end up in a Habs uniform can be put to rest. No chance. No how.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Retention isn't going to happen with a contract that runs through July 2027. I'm not sure the Habs are eager to move him, anyway. I think they'll burn off a few years of that deal and then explore moving the last couple of years, assuming there's a market. The sticker shock is no joke.

Reactions: Tripledeke333

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I was going to light you up for asking for Bouchard.. again. I see a number of people beat me to it. I think the idea that Bouchard will ever end up in a Habs uniform can be put to rest. No chance. No how.
well i believe there will be a very solid chance when an offer sheet comes along . now that you have limited cap space for the next umpteen years just remember you heard it here first .

p.s. the 8-9 million a season will be well spent vs the 9 plus you'll be spending on nurse

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Toffoli and Chiarot to EDM makes some sense no?
Maybe Jake Allen too if Skinner goes back down to AHL?

Put the 2022 1st or Broberg + a couple adds and shore up some depth spots.

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018

Broberg is worth more than Big Ben.. and not really interested in giving up our first but if for both Pieces .. I'm down

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

You aren't getting either Bouchard or Broberg . There not one thing on the Habs I would trade our 2 prized young D for . Now I know Montreal fans will scream bloody murder over me saying that but when you consider Edmonton's needs there just no way a deal makes sense . Edmonton D has 3 injured players and 1 in Covid-19 quarantine where would we be with out this players ? 4 d injured and we are still doing ok

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Sounds like Holland is putting up the big assets. Bouchard is clearly off the table but the 2022 1st or Broberg should definitely be.

Chiarot can log big minutes for you guys right now with the injuries and he may stay on a 4-5yr deal if you get into 2nd round or beyond.

Nurse, Chiarot, Bouchard can all log 20 minutes or more going forward.

Broberg is worth more than Big Ben.. and not really interested in giving up our first but if for both Pieces .. I'm down

You aren't getting either Bouchard or Broberg . There not one thing on the Habs I would trade our 2 prized young D for . Now I know Montreal fans will scream bloody murder over me saying that but when you consider Edmonton's needs there just no way a deal makes sense . Edmonton D has 3 injured players and 1 in Covid-19 quarantine where would we be with out this players ? 4 d injured and we are still doing ok

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad