Prospect Info: Brayden Yager

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
I know nothing about anything and I assumed if Rutger was likely a year away in Winnipeg than Yager has to be 2. Based that on absolutely nothing, though. :D

Reactions: Heldig

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Great article from Scott Wheeler dated a year ago.

He reminds me of a Suzuki lite, good two way center/player, might not have a same potential for offence but not far off IMO. Very easily a 2C potential IMO, at worst a top 9 forward but more likely a top 6 forward (hopefully a center).

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Everytime I see this thread, I always am reminded of this now. :laugh:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I casually perused the main board thread on Yager in the prospects section, which spans his career from his bantam draft year as a 2005 born player up until today

Initial few posts suggested that he could challenge Bedard as the top pick in that draft - he ended up going 3rd

During the seasons leading up to his draft, it was common for posters to place him in the top 5 for 2023 NHL draft

His stock fell in the second half of his draft season due to stagnated production and the fact that he seemed to be a "jack of all trades, master of none" type player - excellent at everything, but not elite at anything (aside from his release/shot)

Anyway, I think it's interesting that the Jets now have two players in him and Lambert who were pegged to be top 5 picks in their D-2 seasons

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Does Chipman make a call to Arniel and give him the roster...
Connor-Scheif-Perfetti
Barron-Yager-Ehlers
Nino-Lambert-Vilardi
Names-Lowry-Iafallo

Then they launch a 'Young Guns' season promo... while McGro plays wing with Lars Eller

• Haha
Reactions: Gil Fisher

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I knew i heard that Yager ( Jaeger ) name before...

"Jäger (German: [ˈjɛːɡɐ]; German for 'hunter'; sg. [der] jäger, pl. [die] jäger) is a German military term referring to specific light infantry units."

So he is a hunter.... nice
1724480740392.png

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Don't know nothing about him but it looks like the Jets have another Lady Byng candidate.

Search Lady Byng winners and by and large it’s a list of players I would crawl over broken glass to have on my team. Many of them like Slavin and Kopitar that are REALLY hard to play against.

Sebastian Aho is one of my favourite two way centres in the NhL and he is 6’ 176 pounds.

Yager may or may not make it but his size will not be the issue.

Last edited:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Button is usually overzealous about prospects. He's atleast a year away, probably two imo.
Button says what the local markets want to hear, but at least he does some research, unlike guys like Jim Toth who was just saying that Wpg got the better player lol. Had to laugh at that.

Reactions: Buffdog

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
For those (like me) who were excited about having a harder to play against power forward I do think we need to see that play out in the NHL with McG. 6 penalty minutes in a full season means he doesn’t play the game on the edge or with edge yet at least. He is well built though and that might make him harder on the puck but let’s see what this all looks like in the NHL.

Yes I would like to add a bit of bite to our top 6 but what we have desperately needed for a decade is some young, skilled, centre depth. We might finally have that now.
I see a lot of these 6 penalty minute posts. It's college hockey it's not a place to play a mean game. They wear full cages like children. I think the 6 penalty minutes is a result of being a superior player in the league and not being caught out of position.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I see a lot of these 6 penalty minute posts. It's college hockey it's not a place to play a mean game. They wear full cages like children. I think the 6 penalty minutes is a result of being a superior player in the league and not being caught out of position.
Leading PIM guy in NCAA had 79 vs Rutger's 6

Rutger wasn't even in the top 1000

Will Smith had 14, Cutter Gauthier had 18 and Cellibrini also had 18 (to counter your "good player" theory)... and Gabe Perrault had 29

It's not like they're having a tea party out there

He plays physical, but without a lot of grit. Nothing wrong with that per se, but he's not a prototypical power forward a la Tkachuk/Lowry

Reactions: Luc Labelle

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Leading PIM guy in NCAA had 79 vs Rutger's 6

Rutger wasn't even in the top 1000

Will Smith had 14, Cutter Gauthier had 18 and Cellibrini also had 18 (to counter your "good player" theory)... and Gabe Perrault had 29

It's not like they're having a tea party out there

He plays physical, but without a lot of grit. Nothing wrong with that per se, but he's not a prototypical power forward a la Tkachuk/Lowry
What do penalties have to do with anything you are talking about? Are those penalty minutes make those other guys tough? Are any of them known for getting to the dirty areas better than Rutger? A few more trips and hooks are going make him a power forward? Maybe if he got beat more often and gave the other team more PP goals he'd be a real tough guy.

Last edited:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
What do penalties have to do with anything you are talking about? A few more trips and hooks are going make him a power forward?
I just made the point that his lack of PIMs had nothing to do with the fact that it's the NCAA or the fact that he's a better player there

I have no problem calling him a power forward, but more in the mold of Shane Doan than some of the guys who are usually considered as typical

He lacks "grit"... as to whether or not someone values that, it's up to them

Reactions: Jack7222

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
I just made the point that his lack of PIMs had nothing to do with the fact that it's the NCAA or the fact that he's a better player there

I have no problem calling him a power forward, but more in the mold of Shane Doan than some of the guys who are usually considered as typical

He lacks "grit"... as to whether or not someone values that, it's up to them
Are you reducing how good or tough a player is to just penalties? Dont put that on me thats your strawman. Some sort of chat board weird reverse uno card after I say the 6 minutes in penalties mean nothing about his toughness you come up with this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad