Prospect Info: Brayden Yager

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
There's more than one way to win a cup. Colorado the year they won I don't think anyone would classify them as a tough team. Don't think TBL either.

The Jets got dog walked this past PO's and it wasn't bc they weren't tough enough. Their skill and speed were lacking alot IMO and the goalie did not show up as he does in the regular season.
I think there's a misunderstanding about a tough team?
The defensemen boxing out players in front of your net ... going into the boards and coming out with the puck I call tough. Maybe strong is a better word.
MacKinnon is a bull doesn't fight but is hard to knock off the puck and he seems to win a lot of puck battles ... that's what I call tough.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
The more I read about Yager the more I like.
A true talented center is just what this team needs and, along with Lambert, helps our center depth immensely.
Now, if we could just trade someone for a legit RHD prospect...I wonder what Jiricek or Clarke would cost?
Should be able to get either of those guys once perfetti demands a trade... :)

Reactions: Bigfish and rkp

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The defensemen boxing out players in front of your net ... going into the boards and coming out with the puck I call tough. Maybe strong is a better word.
MacKinnon is a bull doesn't fight but is hard to knock off the puck and he seems to win a lot of puck battles ... that's what I call tough.

Agreed. I also count players willing to pay the price by going to the hard areas tough. We have some of those, but also have some perimeter guys. We also have big and tough. I honestly think there is a talent gap between us and the top teams in the league.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I can agree with that. May have misinterpreted tough or gritty. I do think our top 6 fwds are quite soft.
But there's also a speed and skill gap to go along with it compared to some other teams.
The Jets crew got outplayed thoroughly in a multitude of aspects vs the Avs.

Reactions: rkp

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
the problem with this trade is the jets lose out in size up front....2 inches and 30 lbs difference going to Pitts...size is gonna help in the playoffs specially with skilled players like McG...Pitts won this trade...80%(McG) chance vs 50% chance of becoming a regular in the nhl

Last edited:
Reactions: ERYX

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
the problem with this trade is the jets lose out in size up front....2 inches and 30 lbs difference going to Pitts...size is gonna help in the playoffs specially with skilled players like McG...Pitts won this trade...80%(McG) chance vs 50% chance of becoming a regular in the nhl
nvm you are basing it off a chart which you clearly don't know how to read properly

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoriaJetsFan

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

You do know that 80% is heavily impacted by Rutger having an extra year of development. His % of being an NHL player was very similar to Yager's at the same age and stage in development. I'm sure Yager will have a similar % after his d plus 2.

Also, I put little stock in those charts.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Yager’s release reminds me a lot of Joe Sakic’s. Now I’m in no way saying the Jets have the next Sakic, because those are prospect fairytales made up in Leafsland and Habsville. Players like him are rarities.

It will be good to see how Yager fits with the rest of the prospects in Penticton.

All things considered I am gutted because I thought RMcG was just the style of player this team needed, but that said I’d rather have players that want to be part of something with the Jets. Call me spiteful, but I wis RMcG nothing but the worst in his hopefully pathetic career.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yager’s release reminds me a lot of Joe Sakic’s. Now I’m in no way saying the Jets have the next Sakic, because those are prospect fairytales made up in Leafsland and Habsville. Players like him are rarities.

It will be good to see how Yager fits with the rest of the prospects in Penticton.

All things considered I am gutted because I thought RMcG was just the style of player this team needed, but that said I’d rather have players that want to be part of something with the Jets. Call me spiteful, but I wis RMcG nothing but the worst in his hopefully pathetic career.
I'm actually kind of sad he's in the east - you couldn't write a better villain and heel turn for us Jets fans to enjoy for the next several years. Imagine if he went to the wild like it was rumoured at the draft, it would be even crazier

Last edited:
Reactions: wraithsonwings

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
For those (like me) who were excited about having a harder to play against power forward I do think we need to see that play out in the NHL with McG. 6 penalty minutes in a full season means he doesn’t play the game on the edge or with edge yet at least. He is well built though and that might make him harder on the puck but let’s see what this all looks like in the NHL.

Yes I would like to add a bit of bite to our top 6 but what we have desperately needed for a decade is some young, skilled, centre depth. We might finally have that now.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
"We're very excited to add Brayden to the organization," Cheveldayoff said. "I think he's a very, very talented player (at) a very skilled position at centre where he can certainly make other players better around him.

"And that's kind of what we've watched and viewed throughout his draft year and obviously, in subsequent scouting situations after that. Obviously, you never know what comes up and just because you don't end up drafting a player, you don't stop keeping tabs on him."

“A kid from the prairies to get to play for a prairie team, something he was pretty proud of,” said Cheveldayoff. “It will be different, I'm sure, for him changing organizations. Again, that's kind of why you have the development side of things and the team services side of things and whether it's trainers or whether it's travel people, the logistics of all that is going to start moving very, very quickly. I assume it's a whirlwind for him today. I talked to him, like I say he was pretty excited.”

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Somehow out of this Chevy managed to address the right positional need, with a two way player, who is western Canadian kid from the prairies, and with the bonus of shooting right handed. I dont know the first thing about NHL team management by any stretch but it is very impressive that Jets org were able to obtain that type of value and criteria in a very tough spot.

Welcome to Winnipeg, Yager. Hope your fam is excited that they are a lot closer to watch you play. To me, that stands out as the best part.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Pittsburgh may have won the trade, but nevertheless, given how he was backed into a corner, I don't think we could have realistically expected Chevy to do any better. It's just a shame McG turned out to be a complete douchebag when initially it looked like he had not just charisma but character. Overall Chevy did his best to make chicken salad out of chicken poop.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Found this hot take.

“Yager right now…has the best wrist shot in the NHL. It’s that good, and yes that includes 1st overall Bedard and also one man NHL showstopper McDavid.”

Aren't there people saying Barlow has the best shot of all the prospects out there? Now I am confused!
*edit

and you forgot the hottest take in there!!! :D

I would say if I were shooting low, I would say he would end up Brendan Gallagher (50-55 pts a season with 25-30 goals). If I were to try to be more realistic, I’d say a Carter Verhaeghe, (60-70 PTS a season with 25-40 goals) maybe ocasionally hitting 80 PTS.

But if we go high, if he puts in the work I could see him being all the way up to a Teemu Selanne, maybe not having a 132 point season like him but I could definitely see something like averaging 80+ with the occasional 100 point season.

Maybe the answer is in the middle, he reminds me a lot of Brayden Point who was also a fellow Moose Jaw Warrior.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: FonRiesen and ps241

Lance Uppercut

Jul 6, 2009
Land of the Lost
Welcome to the JETS LAND!!!

Does he have a nickname yet? That is cool hockey name. Yager
Tweak the spelling a little, drift your mind and ...

Jaeger.png

Taking out hockey kaiju's like a boss!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad