Value of: Brayden Schenn To Vancouver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
There are good players there, not even close to value, but it's pretty ridiculous to call it ****, just saying.

I totally get where you're coming from, but the value of what's on offer is always relative to the value of what's been requested, and the way someone talks about those assets in question is going to change based on the context. Similarly, Couturier, Simmonds, Schenn, our 2017 first, and Morin are all tremendous assets in their own right... but if I called Edmonton and said "we want McDavid, and are offering any three of these," they'd be entirely within their rights to say "we're not giving you McDavid for any combination of that ****."

If we were talking about some of these guys in a deal to balance our rosters? Totally different story. This isn't that, though. OP's asked us for a quarter, and is offering any three nickels we like the look of.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If Vancouver wants a physical, 60 pt LW/RW who turns 25 next month with 2 RFA years left, they have to give up Virtanen+ or Boeser+....and that + has to be a hefty one. If Benning wants to give up McCann and the 33rd centered around Gudbranson, you better believe Hextall will demand more to give up a better player. Perhaps a 1st (with a 3rd or something going back).

And I doubt the Flyers, with Couturier and Rubtsov in the pipeline, have any interest in Horvat -- to say nothing of Horvat's issues so far in the NHL.

Last edited:

The Extrapolater

Apr 22, 2014
What would the cost be? He's elected for Arbitration so obviously things may change if they come to an agreement, but if the Arbitrator awards a salary that's too high for Hextalls liking than what would it take?

Brandon Sutter
Jannik Hansen
Alex Burrows
Derek Dorsett
Brendan Gaunce
Luca Sbisa
2nd in 2017
CBJ 2nd in 17/18

Are all assets I see being available for a player like Schenn.

Sutter, Gaunce, 2nd?

We could also take back a cap dump if necessary

He scored 59 points last season, and has scored 40+ the two previous. He's well established as a scorer. It'd have to be a good offer by the Canucks to even get Philadelphia's attention. Horvat, and a first round draft pick. Or Tanev straight up.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Yeah, if it were up to me me it would have to start with Horvat or Boeser just to get my attention. I wouldn't be interested in Virtanen.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He scored 59 points last season, and has scored 40+ the two previous. He's well established as a scorer. It'd have to be a good offer by the Canucks to even get Philadelphia's attention. Horvat, and a first round draft pick. Or Tanev straight up.

Not really.

Trading Schenn means our top LW depth is Raffl, Read and Laughton.

Our NEED if Schenn is moved, is a 1st line LW. It's not about value...as you are offering that. But it doesn't fit the Flyers needs.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah, if it were up to me me it would have to start with Horvat or Boeser just to get my attention. I wouldn't be interested in Virtanen.

As good as Boeser is, we still have Jake, Simmonds and Konecny on the way at RW along with Weise. He just isn't needed.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
If Vancouver wants a physical, 60 pt LW/RW who turns 25 next month with 2 RFA years left, they have to give up Virtanen+ or Boeser+....and that + has to be a hefty one. If Benning wants to give up McCann and the 33rd centered around Gudbranson, you better believe Hextall will demand more to give up a better player. Perhaps a 1st (with a 3rd or something going back).

And I doubt the Flyers, with Couturier and Rubtsov in the pipeline, have any interest in Horvat -- to say nothing of Horvat's issues so far in the NHL.

What issues would these be?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Not really.

Trading Schenn means our top LW depth is Raffl, Read and Laughton.

Our NEED if Schenn is moved, is a 1st line LW. It's not about value...as you are offering that. But it doesn't fit the Flyers needs.

Yah I don't think we make good trading partners at all unless we wanted to go after one of your many dman prospects.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Schenn is finally living up to his hype. OP many of those pieces you've listed have negative value. Schenn is worth more than Horvat. Now think about how pleased you'd be getting this pieces you've mentioned back for Horvat.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
As good as Boeser is, we still have Jake, Simmonds and Konecny on the way at RW along with Weise. He just isn't needed.

Konecny can play LW, Jake can play LW, Simmonds has 3 years left on his deal (will he be here afterwards? Depending on demands and how the prospects do, it's not a given), and Weise is an OK bottom 6 player who doesn't matter in the least when it comes to making long-term decisions on prospects.

If Vancouver wants to trade a RW with star potential in Boeser (and the Flyers scouting staff believes this true), plus a 1st w/ bottom 10 potential, you take it and run imo. We drafted Laberge and Allison who project as RWs too. Just like the Flyers keep drafting LHD, we don't know who pans out and if too many pan out and become stars....what a problem to have!

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Konecny can play LW, Jake can play LW, Simmonds has 3 years left on his deal (will he be here afterwards? Depending on demands and how the prospects do, it's not a given), and Weise is an OK bottom 6 player who doesn't matter in the least when it comes to making long-term decisions on prospects.

If Vancouver wants to trade a RW with star potential in Boeser (and the Flyers scouting staff believes this true), plus a 1st w/ bottom 10 potential, you take it and run imo. We drafted Laberge and Allison who project as RWs too. Just like the Flyers keep drafting LHD, we don't know who pans out and if too many pan out and become stars....what a problem to have!

No chance in hell that happens.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Considering their recent moves there is chance I'd say. They want to win now.

Only way we trade a package like that is for a guy with potential to replace H. Sedin, Benning up to this point has not traded away anything close to that value, just draft picks and prospects like Mcann (who was redundant)

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
If you want a 60-pt, 25 year old winger with 2 RFA years left, the ask for me would be Virtanen/Boeser+ protected 1st. Flyers can kick a 2nd rounder back. But if you want a young top line wing, there's no way it won't hurt.

I don't disagree with you, but it would be stupid for us to make that trade. Your spot on with the value.

Also curious about what issues that Horvat has?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
so vancouver wouldnt offer up any of their better prospects, young players, or firsts?

lol.

the cost would be Horvat + or a package around virtanen+

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
so vancouver wouldnt offer up any of their better prospects, young players, or firsts?

lol.

the cost would be Horvat + or a package around virtanen+

Lots of Flyers fans got to see lots of Virtanen on the Hitmen watching Sanheim and Fazleev. Most want nothing to do with him.

Again, our needs are already a top 6 LW. We only have 1...Schenn. So ideally, if we moved Schenn, it's for a younger LW with similar upside.

But for sure we take Horvat over Virtanen.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I don't disagree with you, but it would be stupid for us to make that trade. Your spot on with the value.

Also curious about what issues that Horvat has?

Flyers fits/needs aside, I think Bo has shown he has the potential to be a legit top 6 scorer, but I am not sure he has shown he can play the 200ft game needed to be a 2-way top 6 center. His usage was indeed extreme, but he really struggled in those minutes, even adjusting for it (I'm not talking +/- btw). I'm not ******** on him -- he can score and really turned it on down the stretch and is a good young guy. But are his long-term prospects more as a top 6 winger or a scoring center? I'm not sure what he is.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Flyers fits/needs aside, I think Bo has shown he has the potential to be a legit top 6 scorer, but I am not sure he has shown he can play the 200ft game needed to be a 2-way top 6 center. His usage was indeed extreme, but he really struggled in those minutes, even adjusting for it (I'm not talking +/- btw). I'm not ******** on him -- he can score and really turned it on down the stretch and is a good young guy. But are his long-term prospects more as a top 6 winger or a scoring center? I'm not sure what he is.

Well he is only 21, that was his 2nd season and he went from a 4th line C to a 2nd line C, so yah he struggled, and was only there because of injuries.

Not sure where you get that he projects as a winger?

His 200ft game already is very good for his age. He will be our future captain and a 55-65 point elite 2way center if his potential is met. He is well on his way.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary

Horvat will be no less than a 2nd line centre, he has top line centre potential. I'd have no interest in moving Horvat, this kid works extremely hard and is always improving his game, his biggest weakness was skating he now turned that into a strength of his. Horvat is sound defensively, I have no issues with that part of his game moving forward, he was put into a much bigger role then he should've been in for a 20 year old playing in his 2nd NHL season. horvat had a great year and really turned it on in the 2nd half. I like Schenn but Canucks just don't have the available assets to trade for him, we can't move Boeser or Virtanen after just moving McCann.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad