Value of: Brayden Schenn To Vancouver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Today. For long? It could very well be =
To us, Couts is about the perfect example of how we see Horvat's development path. Just we've highly accelerated his process by dealing our 2C for a 3C to play 2C only to have him healthy for 20 odd games and only about 1/4 of those were seen in the middle of the ice.
Our guy has developed as a scorer a little quicker, but I'm hoping Horvat's smarts and dedication on the ice bring him to Couts' level defensively at such a young age with another full season and off season under his belt.

On the topic of Schenn, I'd prefer to target a true RH RW who can push Jake down to 3RW for awhile or until he proves to be worthy of the 2RW. Schenn is a fine player, but as I feel we have too many left shooting guys in our top 6 already, the loss of Vrbata's willingness to shoot the puck from the RW with his right handed stick limits options for offence.

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute, how dare you go from a post where Horvat wouldn't be trade for Schenn + Coots + Sanheim + our 1st (I know, you didn't say it) to a very reasonable and well thought out post. I mean I thought we had gone into the world of buzzaro land and here you go trying to be reasonable again. I mean how dare you, lol.

Anyways, as most others have said, it doesn't make sense for the Flyers to trade him (especially after just signing him) and the price/fit doesn't actually work for Vancouver. Two good teams, both with good young assets, but just not good trading partners in a deal like this.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Anyways, I'd like to thank the fans of both teams because for the most part this has been a very civil and sensibility discussed proposal. I actually enjoy threads like this even when an agreement on a trade can't be reached (actually the agreement was reached that we just aren't good trading partners so I guess we did come to an agreement). :)

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
horvat is more valuable than giroux

its fun seeing such an untouchable player be the target so easily

schenn had 19 more points with giroux and voracek right?

horvat had 40 points with burrows and dorsett. and is 7 years younger.
iam dumb

philly fans i wouldnt trade u horvat for

schenn
couturier
sanheim
and a 1st

bo horvat is a 70 point late bloomer selke dynasty player.

hes untouchable and i feel bad for teams without players like him

Dude just stop. Flyers fans this "expert" does not speak for all of us.

Giroux is a #1 elite C. I love Horvat, but he will NEVER be there. This whole post is completely ridiculous.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute, how dare you go from a post where Horvat wouldn't be trade for Schenn + Coots + Sanheim + our 1st (I know, you didn't say it) to a very reasonable and well thought out post. I mean I thought we had gone into the world of buzzaro land and here you go trying to be reasonable again. I mean how dare you, lol.

Anyways, as most others have said, it doesn't make sense for the Flyers to trade him (especially after just signing him) and the price/fit doesn't actually work for Vancouver. Two good teams, both with good young assets, but just not good trading partners in a deal like this.

Well I won't trade you Edler without Provorov coming back!!!!!!! (Better?)
Lol Flyers fans are some of my favs to talk too, you guys love your team but are fairly reasonable around here. The Schenn value I don't agree with, but that's because I feel he wouldn't fit our RW need as much as he fills your LW need. We signed Eriksson a LH Winger, he plays both sides too and has a more proven top end scoring. That's why I feel it's important to supplement the development of Virtanen with a more proven 40-60 point RW who brings more of a shooters game than a Jannik Hansen who I am completely fine with at that spot. Since it almost forces Willie D'im to play the kid line together as a 2B offence line to the Burrow Sutter Hansen combination I would like on the other line.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Well I won't trade you Edler without Provorov coming back!!!!!!! (Better?)
Lol Flyers fans are some of my favs to talk too, you guys love your team but are fairly reasonable around here. The Schenn value I don't agree with, but that's because I feel he wouldn't fit our RW need as much as he fills your LW need. We signed Eriksson a LH Winger, he plays both sides too and has a more proven top end scoring. That's why I feel it's important to supplement the development of Virtanen with a more proven 40-60 point RW who brings more of a shooters game than a Jannik Hansen who I am completely fine with at that spot. Since it almost forces Willie D'im to play the kid line together as a 2B offence line to the Burrow Sutter Hansen combination I would like on the other line.

I agree with you 100%, hence why I said it doesn't make sense for you guys either. Would it be great for you to have Schenn, sure, but the NEED doesn't out weight the cost so it wouldn't be smart to trade for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad