Bratt & J. Hughes or B.Tkachuk & Stutzle?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who would you take?

• Bratt & J. Hughes

Votes: 156 59.3%
  • B.Tkachuk & Stutzle

Votes: 102 38.8%
  • Can't decide, flip a coin

Votes: 5 1.9%

• Total voters

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
It's still pretty damn close no matter how you spin it (329 pts vs 317 pts). Considering the Sens best player was mostly 20-21 y/o during that time frame, it's not looking bad.

If you replace Hughes by Hischier, you're retrieving 26 pts from the NJ duo so 14 more pts overall for Ottawa's duo.

I mean, my post, that you quoted, was especially made so that nobody would come up with such hyperbole, but you still do? Even after quoting my post? I mean, how is it possible lol?

13 more pts than Stutzle, 16 more pts than Tkachuk, a SIGNIFICANT 8% more :amazed:

???

Bratt + Hughes + Hischier + Meier in 2023-24 = 276 pts
vs
Tkachuk + Stutzle + Batherson + Giroux in 2023-24 = 274 pts

Hughes + Hischier + Bratt + Mercer in 2022-23 = 308 pts
vs
Stutzle + Tkachuk + Giroux + DeBrincat in 2022-23 = 318 pts (4 pts less if you take Batherson instead of DBC)

You're making this weird.
Again.

Simple concept that ottawa fans can't seem to grasp.

Ottawa has had 120 more power plays than NJD over the last 2 years.

Against most combos, you could credit this to Stutzle and Tkachuk's penalty differential. Against Jack, Bratt, and Nico who have a combined penalty differential of +100 (29 taken, 127 drawn, 2 major penalties drawn) over the last 2 years, it does not apply.

NJD's 4 are much more productive even strength.
Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 2.33.48 PM.png

NJD's 4 are a more productive PP combo.
Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 2.34.20 PM.png

If you swap out hughes for hischier, the PP gap goes away. (this gap is massive with hughes)
The EV gap stays about the same.

And then you add Hischiers possession metrics and PK value

(if you want you can Acknowledge all of Meier, Stutzle, and Hughes playing last year injured and I can use Hughes and Meier 21-22 stats instead of 23-24, and simply ignore Stutzle's 23-24 stats because he only has the 1 high level year to go off)

Last edited:

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Don't you know it goes 5'9 - 5'10 - 5'11------------------------------------------------------------------------------------6'0

Huge gap in between them
Checks out, after all, this is the golden Tinder standards these days. Thats just how it is fam, can't do much about it. 6' >>>>>> 5'11

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I think Jack is the best player here but, Bratt is the weakest and Tkachuk is a unicorn. I'll just homer vote the Devils duo, but I don't blame anyone for taking the Sens guys.

Reactions: Bileur

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Again.

Simple concept that ottawa fans can't seem to grasp.

Ottawa has had 120 more power plays than NJD over the last 2 years.

Against most combos, you could credit this to Stutzle and Tkachuk's penalty differential. Against Jack, Bratt, and Nico who have a combined penalty differential of +100 (29 taken, 127 drawn, 2 major penalties drawn) over the last 2 years, it does not apply.

NJD's 4 are much more productive even strength.
View attachment 901909
NJD's 4 are a more productive PP combo.
View attachment 901910

If you swap out hughes for hischier, the PP gap goes away. (this gap is massive with hughes)
The EV gap stays about the same.

And then you add Hischiers possession metrics and PK value

(if you want you can Acknowledge all of Meier, Stutzle, and Hughes playing last year injured and I can use Hughes and Meier 21-22 stats instead of 23-24, and simply ignore Stutzle's 23-24 stats because he only has the 1 high level year to go off)

Grasp? lol I only pointed out the RAW totals for the 4 players of this poll in the last 2 years and you're trying to dissect this into a PP opportunities discussion

No matter what you will continue to say, the REALITY is still 329 pts vs 317 pts overall in the last 2 years, a 3.6% difference over a 2 seasons period

That you (and the 3 other Devils fans liking your posts) like it or not, it is the main TANGIBLE FACT in this comparison

Reactions: Golden_Jet

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Grasp? lol I only pointed out the RAW totals for the 4 players of this poll in the last 2 years and you're trying to dissect this into a PP opportunities discussion

No matter what you will continue to say, the REALITY is still 329 pts vs 317 pts overall in the last 2 years, a 3.6% difference over a 2 seasons period

That you (and the 3 other Devils fans liking your posts) like it or not, it is the main TANGIBLE FACT in this comparison
Yep. NJD's duo is STILL ahead despite 200 fewer minutes of PP time (approximately 22.5 points based on bratt and hughes PP scoring rates), and 210 fewer minutes EV strength (approximately 9 points based on bratt and hughes EV scoring rates)

Truly incredibly just how much better Bratt and Hughes are.

Try Nico+Bratt or Jack+Meier if you want tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad