Bratt & J. Hughes or B.Tkachuk & Stutzle?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who would you take?

• Bratt & J. Hughes

Votes: 156 59.3%
  • B.Tkachuk & Stutzle

Votes: 102 38.8%
  • Can't decide, flip a coin

Votes: 5 1.9%

• Total voters

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Yup. Totally agree. Jack is amazing. And Tim did match him for the first three season which is also exceptional.

Don't say that too loud though. A bunch of NJ fans will get really sad if you impunes Jack's honor that way.

After a stagnated but injury plagued season for Tim last year, he HAS to keep pace thia season to be in the same conversation.

I think he will put up 100 point (pace at least) this year and is previous progression says its not a big stretch.

But we will see.
He is certainly capable of it, and I agree I think that he probably will do it next year.

The thing is, we are projecting/expecting a player to hit 100 points while the other player already has achieved that feat.

We also cannot project everything going right for Timmy and penciling him in for 100 without acknowledging that Jack can put up 120 points if everything goes right for him. It’s honestly ridiculous how everyone is projecting best case scenarios to get Stützle to where Jack has already been and pretending there’s no upside anymore with Hughes.

My prediction?

Jimmy matches what Jack has done already in his career, however Jack hits 120 points and Timmy has to play catch up the following year.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Do you have any actual data to support that playing at a high level makes for better GMs?
Oh so you think you've got a better hockey acumen?.... or anyone that posts here for that matter. The poster you're backing up doesn't think Vegas was a physical team.

Thinking you know more about hockey than someone that has lived the sport had real access to playing in specific systems. Winning games, losing games. Most posters can't even identify what a hinge is when they watch the games but then they'll read a spread sheet and think they know more than someone who played in the league for 1000 games and has been in management for a decade. It's a hilarious joke. The audacity knows no bounds. Its like thinking you know more about a subject like medicine because you read web MD watched YouTube videos over someone that went to med school then practiced for 2 decades.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Except there are no trends.

Size

Hits

Fights

Penalties.

Any countable metric for "physicality" or "hard to play against" has shown to have 0 correlation with winning.

But when you start pretending every team that wins is a physical beast retroactively, it's a different story. Like pretending 5 foot 8 kucherov is some physical monster.

If NJD wins the cup I'm sure you'll be quick to throw credit to Meier, Dillon, Noesen, etc. And talk about how Bratt, Hischier, and Hughes were actually tough all along
Kucherov is 5 foot 11 and the day the Devils will have a 140+ pts forward we'll talk. Kucherov also has almost 50% more hits than both Bratt and Hughes combined. His puck battles wins is also largely better in terms of numbers and % than both Bratt and Hughes
If Physicality was so great then the Senators wouldn't be at the bottom of the league.

Do you not even think of what the counter argument will be when you post? because that was spectacularly easy.

Ottawa will still get a lot of penalties in the playoffs given how easy it is to set off Tkachuk, Him chasing Hischier with murderous eyes because Nico guided the puck into the empty Sens net is still hilarious to this day.
Ottawa is not an overly physical team and clearly lacks the depth & goaltending to make a push for the playoff. Counter (dumb) argument to yours could be said that the reason NJ has made the playoff twice over the past decade is because they lacked physicality. Do you not even think of what the counter argument will be when you post? because that was spectacularly easy.

Reactions: bert

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
sure but would you take him over everyone else here because that's what the choice is
I'd take stutzle because of age and positional value. I have him and tkachuk on the exact same tier.

May

Hughes

GAP

Hischier
Stutzle

GAP

Tkachuk
Bratt

GAP

Meier

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
All the Devils fans would. None of these posters can be remotely objective.
Math must be harder than I thought

Bratt - 83 points (82 games)
Hughes - 74 points (62 games)
Tkachuk - 74 points (81 games)
Stuetzle - 70 points (75 games)

Keep up!

And the Devils improved while Ottawa stagnated further - surely the Ottawa duo will outproduce the Devils duo for the -checks notes- first time ever, this coming season

IMG_3942.gif

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Math must be harder than I thought

Bratt - 83 points (82 games)
Hughes - 74 points (62 games)
Tkachuk - 74 points (81 games)
Stuetzle - 70 points (75 games)

Keep up!

And the Devils improved while Ottawa stagnated further - surely the Ottawa duo will outproduce the Devils duo for the -checks notes- first time ever, this coming season

View attachment 901422
The only thing NJ improved this year is their draft rank - and not in a good way.

Reactions: Sens9292

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Devils' duo. An all-around winger (Bratt) to go along with a game-breaking center (Hughes).

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Checks notes
22/23 Sens duo outproduced NJ duo.
Devils regressed 31 points in 23/24 Senators 8 points regression.
The only thing NJ improved this year is their draft rank - and not in a good way.
Lets see Ottawa do anything at all first and then their fans can start chiming in

Until then just jump back into the hole that is pathetic mediocrity; maybe this year youll get stuck trading off more talents for bare bones assets

This is an artist rendition of you desperately trying to math.
Tough regression for Stuetzle last year; if he doesnt pan out does Ottawa have a single elite talent?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Lets see Ottawa do anything at all first and then their fans can start chiming in

Until then just jump back into the hole that is pathetic mediocrity; maybe this year youll get stuck trading off more talents for bare bones assets

Tough regression for Stuetzle last year; if he doesnt pan out does Ottawa have a single elite talent?
No they’ll chime in when a jersey fan posts bs.

Embarrassed by being fact checked I see 😂
by 2 different posters. Don’t worry about it newbie, but you’ll need to get used to it, when flaunting bs as fact on the site

Oh and yes we all noticed your little edit lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpezDispenser

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
No they’ll chime in when a jersey fan posts bs.

Embarrassed by being fact checked I see 😂
by 2 different posters. Don’t worry about it newbie, but you’ll need to get used to it, when flaunting bs as fact on the site

Oh and yes we all noticed your little edit lol.
You like Stulzle for obvious reasons.....Devils fans like Jack Hughes for obvious reasons....

Leave it at that...

Only thing I'll say is, I dont think any NJ fan or most fans in general would take Stuetzle over Jack Hughes. Stuetzle is still a great player.

This entire thread is done, probably by now.

Last edited:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

I’m not a Sens fans. I can appreciate their players though.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
You like Stulzle for obvious reasons.....Devils fans like Jack Hughes for obvious reasons....

Leave it at that...

Only thing I'll say is, I dont think any NJ fan or most fans in general would take Stuetzle over Jack Hughes. Stuetzle is still a great player.

This entire thread is done, probably by now.
I'm a NJ fan who used to have Stutzle over Hughes, but then Hughes took that monster step. I still think Stutzle can reach and maybe surpass him, but Hughes has become better than I ever expected so it may be hard.

I wouldn't call playing through multiple upper injuries "regression".

Reactions: Bileur

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
And then you realize bratt and jack have done that in 200 fewer minutes even strength (9 points based on their rates) (and 200 fewer PP minutes (22 extra points for Jack and Bratt based on their rates)

All while being better at preventing chances against than the sens unit.

Replace Jack with Nico and it might be close.

It's still pretty damn close no matter how you spin it (329 pts vs 317 pts). Considering the Sens best player was mostly 20-21 y/o during that time frame, it's not looking bad.

If you replace Hughes by Hischier, you're retrieving 26 pts from the NJ duo so 14 more pts overall for Ottawa's duo.

And despite these injury troubles, he has significantly more points than both of Tkachuk or Stutzle over the last 2 years.

I mean, my post, that you quoted, was especially made so that nobody would come up with such hyperbole, but you still do? Even after quoting my post? I mean, how is it possible lol?

13 more pts than Stutzle, 16 more pts than Tkachuk, a SIGNIFICANT 8% more :amazed:

But hey, maybe if Ottawa can figure out a way to clone Stutzle and Tkachuk, then it would matchup with NJDs top 4 forwards

???

Bratt + Hughes + Hischier + Meier in 2023-24 = 276 pts
vs
Tkachuk + Stutzle + Batherson + Giroux in 2023-24 = 274 pts

Hughes + Hischier + Bratt + Mercer in 2022-23 = 308 pts
vs
Stutzle + Tkachuk + Giroux + DeBrincat in 2022-23 = 318 pts (4 pts less if you take Batherson instead of DBC)

You're making this weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad