Brandon Wheatkings 23/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Not really that surprising that the team kept Flamand as he is more effective than Roeresma. Probably need to trade for another forward as they are down to 12 with Johnson’s long term injury. Good to see Bjarnason and Elick back.

Molsonsman

Dec 27, 2017
I wasn't surprised either. I think the return made it easier for a decision. This time of year getting a second round pick is not bad in my opinion.

Getting both Elick and Barney back will be nice for sure. Eskit, however, did very well in his absence. They will be a good duo if Barney can return to his better form than last year.

Their D are looking strong this year. It should be a good year. We will get a better idea of where we are at after this coming weekend.

JUSTGIROUXIT

Apr 16, 2020
I wasn't surprised either. I think the return made it easier for a decision. This time of year getting a second round pick is not bad in my opinion.

Getting both Elick and Barney back will be nice for sure. Eskit, however, did very well in his absence. They will be a good duo if Barney can return to his better form than last year.

Their D are looking strong this year. It should be a good year. We will get a better idea of where we are at after this coming weekend.
Surprised keeping Flamand over Roersma personally, wondering if the return was the major factor. In my eyes one is clearly the better player.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Who is the better player? Don’t think it is Roeresma. To me there wasn’t much to choose between the two. They play a different style. Flamand is probably a better scorer and plays a more in your face style whereas Roeresma is a fast player who to me was too streaky and not hard enough on the puck. The deciding factor likely was the return for Roeresma was better. The 2nd round pick is a useful asset in a possible trade.

Molsonsman

Dec 27, 2017
Who is the better player? Don’t think it is Roeresma. To me there wasn’t much to choose between the two. They play a different style. Flamand is probably a better scorer and plays a more in your face style whereas Roeresma is a fast player who to me was too streaky and not hard enough on the puck. The deciding factor likely was the return for Roeresma was better. The 2nd round pick is a useful asset in a possible trade.
A healthy debate for sure. Yes 2nd round pick good for trades in the future. Roersma had the speed, good wrist shot, but I found couldn’t finish when driving into the offensive zone. Usually stops at the blue line, however waiting the crew to catch up.

In the end we wil be fine no mater the players moved

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Interesting to see how long the team will wait before making a trade for another forward as they 1 injury away from playing short handed up front as it sounds like Johnson will be out for quite a while.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
They have a good schedule to go light with the roster and they could probably call up Bithal if they need too. They have a ton of home games early

A bit surprised by them trading Roesrma but when Nguyen came back and seems to fit better with McQueen but I guess they liked the return and Flamand is fine centering the 4th line

Kirmel

Sep 6, 2023
I expect they will be quiet until the Mem Cup announcement. That will steer them in the direction they go i would think.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
I expect they will be quiet until the Mem Cup announcement. That will steer them in the direction they go i would think.
I don't think they're going to get it. Wheat Kings fans should be geared up for 3 years from now. Jacobson will do absolutely everything in his power to win when his kid is in his last season with the team.

JUSTGIROUXIT

Apr 16, 2020
Nobody is trading anything for Flamand. Think that should answer that question.

Reactions: Molsonsman

Molsonsman

Dec 27, 2017
To have an OA on your 4th line says the trade of Roersma was merely due to return. I'm watching the PA game and I think touched he puck once. Roersma would be all over the offensive zone no doubt. Debate closed in my mind. So far Murrays acquisitions of B+ is Nguyen only. Having said that Flamand was a Murray acquisition. Can't trade your you're acquisition away as it makes your choice... poor?

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Roeresma got a better return in a trade. The 2nd round pick in 2026 is a valuable trade chip. He was a very streaky player who played too often on the perimeter. Hard to argue with the team succcess this year so far. Goaltending has been exceptional so far and the defence core is vastly improved thus far. Belushko and Pantelas were healthy scratches tonight which shows the depth on the backend. Really impressed with young Boehm.
Molsonman your take on not trading away players who were acquired in a trade is not entirely correct as Wilson and Tansem who were traded for got shipped out.

Last edited:

Molsonsman

Dec 27, 2017
To have an OA on your 4th line says the trade of Roersma was merely due to return. I'm watching the PA game and I think touched he puck once. Roersma would be all over the offensive zone no doubt. Debate closed in my mind. So far Murrays acquisitions of B+ is Nguyen only. Having said that Flamand was a Murray acquisition. Can't trade your you're acquisition away as it makes your choice... poor?
Roeresma got a better return in a trade. The 2nd round pick in 2026 is a valuable trade chip. He was a very streaky player who played too often on the perimeter. Hard to argue with the team succcess this year so far. Goaltending has been exceptional so far and the defence core is vastly improved thus far. Belushko and Pantelas were healthy scratches tonight which shows the depth on the backend. Really impressed with young Boehm.
Molsonman your take on not trading away players who were acquired in a trade is not entirely correct as Wilson and Tansem who were traded for got shipped out.
Very true with Wilson and Tandem. I stand corrected

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Watching the game against the Blades.WK down 3-1 after 2 periods. Getting out scored but necessarily outplayed. Have missed a lot of scoring chances.A couple of bad defensive gaffs. Wk score a PP goal in the last minute of the period.. McQueen scores.Flamand has 2 assists. Need a good 3rd period.

JUSTGIROUXIT

Apr 16, 2020
I think it would be smart for WK to explore a Bjarnason trade at the deadline this season. Medicine Hat could be an interesting trade partner, especially if they include G McCallum (a Brandon kid) and a solid +. With McFayden likely ready for backup duties, trading Bjarnason could also bring in some valuable futures w/o the need to take a tendy back.

If they're planning to load up for the next few years could pay dividends. Would love to see them target someone like Lakovic out of MJ.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
If the team happens to be struggling near the trade deadline I could see the team trading Bjarnson. Otherwise they will keep him for a playoff run. Next years team will be better than this years as it will the last years of McQueen and Elick. The young line with Jacobsen should be hitting their stride as well. If the team is able to avoid major injuries they should be very good this year. Noticing that the scouting under Moulton has drastically improved as he certainly hit home runs with McQueen and Elick as well as Jacobsen and Pantelas instead of the screw up of 2019 when after Danielson the other 2 first round picks were very poorly done by a previous administration.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I think they just need to stay the course with what they have right now and see how they look in December. Some of the guys are snakebitten like Jacobson and Baumiller who I think both have been good but they just haven't had that puck luck yet. Once they do look out this team will start to tear it up.

That game against the Blades was like that. Don't get wrong though the Blades are better then what I thought they were going to be but I think if we had a bounce or two early we win that going away. We got 2 games this weekend that we should win so lets see how we look after that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad