Brandon Wheatkings 23/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Not really that surprising that the team kept Flamand as he is more effective than Roeresma. Probably need to trade for another forward as they are down to 12 with Johnson’s long term injury. Good to see Bjarnason and Elick back.

Molsonsman

Dec 27, 2017
I wasn't surprised either. I think the return made it easier for a decision. This time of year getting a second round pick is not bad in my opinion.

Getting both Elick and Barney back will be nice for sure. Eskit, however, did very well in his absence. They will be a good duo if Barney can return to his better form than last year.

Their D are looking strong this year. It should be a good year. We will get a better idea of where we are at after this coming weekend.

JUSTGIROUXIT

Apr 16, 2020
I wasn't surprised either. I think the return made it easier for a decision. This time of year getting a second round pick is not bad in my opinion.

Getting both Elick and Barney back will be nice for sure. Eskit, however, did very well in his absence. They will be a good duo if Barney can return to his better form than last year.

Their D are looking strong this year. It should be a good year. We will get a better idea of where we are at after this coming weekend.
Surprised keeping Flamand over Roersma personally, wondering if the return was the major factor. In my eyes one is clearly the better player.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Who is the better player? Don’t think it is Roeresma. To me there wasn’t much to choose between the two. They play a different style. Flamand is probably a better scorer and plays a more in your face style whereas Roeresma is a fast player who to me was too streaky and not hard enough on the puck. The deciding factor likely was the return for Roeresma was better. The 2nd round pick is a useful asset in a possible trade.

Molsonsman

Dec 27, 2017
Who is the better player? Don’t think it is Roeresma. To me there wasn’t much to choose between the two. They play a different style. Flamand is probably a better scorer and plays a more in your face style whereas Roeresma is a fast player who to me was too streaky and not hard enough on the puck. The deciding factor likely was the return for Roeresma was better. The 2nd round pick is a useful asset in a possible trade.
A healthy debate for sure. Yes 2nd round pick good for trades in the future. Roersma had the speed, good wrist shot, but I found couldn’t finish when driving into the offensive zone. Usually stops at the blue line, however waiting the crew to catch up.

In the end we wil be fine no mater the players moved

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Interesting to see how long the team will wait before making a trade for another forward as they 1 injury away from playing short handed up front as it sounds like Johnson will be out for quite a while.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
They have a good schedule to go light with the roster and they could probably call up Bithal if they need too. They have a ton of home games early

A bit surprised by them trading Roesrma but when Nguyen came back and seems to fit better with McQueen but I guess they liked the return and Flamand is fine centering the 4th line

Kirmel

Sep 6, 2023
I expect they will be quiet until the Mem Cup announcement. That will steer them in the direction they go i would think.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
I expect they will be quiet until the Mem Cup announcement. That will steer them in the direction they go i would think.
I don't think they're going to get it. Wheat Kings fans should be geared up for 3 years from now. Jacobson will do absolutely everything in his power to win when his kid is in his last season with the team.

JUSTGIROUXIT

Apr 16, 2020
Nobody is trading anything for Flamand. Think that should answer that question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad