WWE: Brand Extension Returns

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

S A W F T*

I quit watching before the first brand split. How do these draft shows usually work?

Is it literally just two hours of making picks? Do they still have matches?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
There are matches between the picks and whatnot. They usually only draft like top ten and then the rest is supplementary done on the website. I could see them changing the format this year though.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
For the inaugural draft, McMahon and Flair each picked 10 wrestlers. The other 37 workers were drafted on WWF.com post-RAW.

Here is the card from that show (ep. 461):

○ Mr. Perfect vs. Tazz
○ Booker T and Christian vs. Edge and Diamond Dallas Page
○ Ivory vs. Trish Stratus
○ Hulk Hogan and The Rock vs. nWo (Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and X-Pac)
○ Billy Gunn vs. Jeff Hardy
○ Kurt Angle vs. Rob Van Dam (c) | WWF Intercontinental Title Match
○ Chris Jericho vs. Stephanie McMahon vs. Triple H (c) | 3-Way Match - WWF Undisputed Title Match

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
What? Stephanie McMahon in a men's title match?
Yup.

EDIT: Here's bit from HHH's wikipedia on it:

In the interim, between the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania, the McMahon-Helmsley Faction was brought to an official on-screen conclusion. By the time he returned, Triple H's on-screen marriage to Stephanie McMahon was faltering, so Stephanie faked a pregnancy in order to get him back on her side.[68] When he learned that it was fake, he dumped her publicly on Raw when they were supposed to renew their wedding vows.[68] Stephanie aligned with Jericho afterward,[68] but she was forced to leave after losing a triple threat match on Raw the night after WrestleMania when she was pinned by Triple H.[69] The divorce, and thus the storyline, was finalized at Vengeance.

Last edited:

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
That last part is wrong, isn't it? Didn't the HHH-Stephanie feud end on that draft night? Stephanie came back a few months later to be Smackdown GM.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One of the big issues with going through the actual draft is that it would bury some guys. The Miz, as Intercontinental Champion, will look weak if he's a 14th round pick

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I first started watching WWE back in 2004 and only watched SD.

I did like how they switched big champions, Cena for Batista. That was neat. That was when it was RAW vs SD for draft picks and what not... I think. I don't remember

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Is the draft actually legit or is it pre-determined?

If it's anything like the old drafts, it's a work but no one knows the results ahead of time except Vince.

I'm assuming HHH/Steph and co. might be part of the decision making process this time around perhaps

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Heyman is far too good to have on TV only when Brock shows up.

If they could figure out a logical way to have him as both GM and Brock's advocate then definitely go for it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
As if the WWE Draft on SmackDown Live’s Tuesday night premiere on USA Network July 19 wasn’t big enough, the WWE Universe will also be able to watch a special WWE Draft Center Live second screen experience at 8/7 C — exclusively on WWE Network — as well as a SmackDown Live Pre-Show at 7/6 C across all digital platforms.

While Superstars like Seth Rollins, John Cena, Charlotte and the rest of the roster anxiously anticipate their fate with the clock ticking toward one of the most critical nights in WWE history, the action will begin with the SmackDown Live Pre-Show, featuring expert analysis on what may unfold throughout the evening.

Then, as the WWE Universe tunes in to the WWE Draft on SmackDown Live, fans will also have the opportunity to enhance their experience with the WWE Draft Center Live, a special supplemental show airing exclusively on WWE Network during the SmackDown broadcast. The revolutionary telecast will allow the WWE Universe to get inside the Draft in a way unlike any other as the lives of Superstars change forever – exclusively for WWE Network subscribers. This unique and original experience will also continue on after the WWE Draft on USA Network concludes, giving the WWE Universe an extended look at all that the WWE Draft will have to offer. Subscribe to WWE Network today to be part of this incredible experience!

Watch it all unfold on Tuesday, July 19 beginning at 7/6 C, when SmackDown goes LIVE with the SmackDown Pre-Show, the WWE Draft Center and of course, the WWE Draft itself!

WWE.com

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
The Dudley's are probably the only team right now that MIGHT benefit from a split up so I'd be all in favour of teams being drafted together.

At least I'm hoping. Don't want to lose me some Breezango.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I did that fantasy draft for fun one last time before the draft on Tuesday:

RAW | SMACKDOWN
Seth Rollins|John Cena
Roman Reigns|AJ Styles
The Undertaker|Dean Ambrose
Brock Lesnar|Randy Orton
Nikki Bella|Cesaro
Charlotte|Sheamus
Sasha Banks|Karl Anderson
Big E|Luke Gallows
Kofi Kingston|Big Cass
Xavier Woods|Enzo Amore
Kevin Owens|Bray Wyatt
Sami Zayn|Braun Strowman
Big Show|Luke Harper
Kane|Erick Rowan
Chris Jericho|The Miz
Becky Lynch|Apollo Crews
Paige|Darren Young
Alberto Del Rio|Dolph Ziggler
Jey Uso|Viktor
Jimmy Uso|Fandango
Alicia Fox|Goldust
Bo Dallas|Jack Swagger
Bubba Ray Dudley|Kalisto
Curtis Axel|Konnor
Dana Brooke|Maryse
Emma|Neville
Epico|R-Truth
Primo|Tyler Breeze
Heath Slater|Sin Cara
Lana|
Eva Marie|
Mark Henry|
Naomi|
Natalya|
Rosa Mendes|
Rusev|
Titus O'Neil|
Tamina|
Zack Ryder|
D-Von Dudley|
Aiden English|
Simon Gotch|

And then I'd throw Samoa Joe, Bayley and Shinsuke Nakamura on RAW and Finn Balor, Austin Aries & American Alpha on Smackdown. The Revival should also get a call up to strengthen the heel side of the tag division on the main roster.

I do not see a single way that Smackdown is not the superior show coming out of the draft.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
What order is the draft going. From worst to best? Ex 40-1? Or first to last? Would be better to go weakest to strongest. Keeps the suspense up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad