Value of: Brady Tkachuk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
What is your best realistic offer for Brady Tkachuk. Some Ottawa fans are starting to grumble over the negotiations taking so long even though we have ZERO evidence of what is actually the reason holding them up.

D4ngleSZN

Sep 26, 2021
Lol he's about to get paid more than Draisaitl to produce at a 1/3 to 1/2 of the rate

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Tarasenko for B Tkachuk

85768981.jpg

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Why are you following around the Tkachuk threads posting this? No ones arguing he should get paid more lol. No one thinks Brady is even close to Draisaitl. In fact the consensus is he’s arguably a top 3 player in the NHL.

And Tkachuk is probs at the bottom of the 3 Tkachuk family members. Doesn't deserve the overpayment he's about to get.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
And Nurse will be paid 9.25M/year for the rest of the decade to be a low end #1D.

It's not 2017 anymore.

Nurse got the same amount of points and plays 27 minutes a night.
Imagine being a “Star” forward that doesn’t outscore Nurse

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
OTT should do that without thinking twice. Comtois might be Brady for a fraction of the price plus a 1st
Yes but such an offer is not really realistic, i assume ANA to be bottom 5 in the league this year and there is a risk they are still a lottery pick in 2023. Right now as ANA I keep my 1st and Comtois, who I really like.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Why are you following around the Tkachuk threads posting this? No ones arguing he should get paid more lol. No one thinks Brady is even close to Draisaitl. In fact the consensus is he’s arguably a top 3 player in the NHL.

there's literally another active thread on this forum right now with a Sens fan saying on the first page that the difference between Draisaitl and Tkachuk is smaller than Josh Norris

Reactions: The Moose is Loose

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Nurse got the same amount of points and plays 27 minutes a night.
Imagine being a “Star” forward that doesn’t outscore Nurse

Imagine being a "star" forward on the Sens? Imagine being Nurse on the Sens!?! He'd put up 36 for sure. -36.

Reactions: guyzeur

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
there's literally another active thread on this forum right now with a Sens fan saying on the first page that the difference between Draisaitl and Tkachuk is smaller than Josh Norris
You know just because one fan of a particular fan base says something, that doesn’t mean the whole of the fanbase believes in that same thing right?

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
From what I’ve seen, fans of other teams really don’t value Brady very highly.

I understand why, he doesn’t put up a lot of points.

If GMs feel the same way, I can’t see him getting traded. I think Sens fans would want an 80+ point forward coming back in the trade, or a #1D, or 3 first round picks.

Not sure if any Sens fans disagree with me there, but that’s where I’m at. He’s such a unique player who is exactly the guy you want in the playoffs, and clearly a future captain in the league.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
A low end #1D is still levels ahead of a middle 6 forward with grit.

Let's not get carried away here. Brady is a top 6 winger on any team in the league. He's not a high end offensive player, but all the other things he does make him quite valuable in a top 6 role.

Does he deserve 8 million a year? Thats a hard pill for me to swallow as a sens fan. Id be a lot more comfortable with 6 or 7.

Reactions: The Moose is Loose

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
From what I’ve seen, fans of other teams really don’t value Brady very highly.

I understand why, he doesn’t put up a lot of points.

Seems that way and it's to be expected. From my experience reading hockey forums, points and draft position have a LOT of weight when evaluating a player for hockey fans in general. Of course, points shouldn't be dismissed and will often be the most important argument for a player, but in some cases, it goes way beyond points. One of the best examples : Patrice Bergeron

Ottawa should add a 1st to even out this trade.

Can't see Ottawa trading who they thought would be their captain for a decade and the poster boy for how they want to play for a guy that is 5 years older. If Guentzel was 23 y/o, I'd do that in a heartbeat but this is not what they should do. Not to mention the 1st on top of it

They'd be looking for someone as impactful in the same age range

Last edited:
Reactions: Sureves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad