Votes: 342 45.1%
  • Mitch Marner

Votes: 416 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Brady would murder Mitch in a fight. They're weight classes apart.

How is this even a question?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
That's kind of like saying Carter Verhaeghe has completely closed the offensive gap between him and Draisaitl since he has more ES points this year. It takes more than 55 games to make up for years and years of completely lopsided production unfortunately

So if the Leafs get to the finals or something, it's still a universal fact that the Leafs suck in the playoffs because it takes more than one run to make up for years and years of first round exits?

I'm just trying to understand if this logic is to be used consistently across the board.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
So if the Leafs get to the finals or something, it's still a universal fact that the Leafs suck in the playoffs because it takes more than one run to make up for years and years of first round exits?

I'm just trying to understand if this logic is to be used consistently across the board.
The bar for team success and individual success are pretty different, so this isn't a very good comparison. I'm sure there will be a lot of people who say the Leafs need to prove it again next year even if they do have a strong playoff run though

Reactions: LeafsNation75

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
3 points for Marner tonight.
Not to nitpick, but his first two assists were pretty meh secondary PP assists (1st one was okay but still fairly routine), and his 3rd one (while a nice play) was in the 3rd period of a 7-2 game.

I didn't watch the whole game, but he didn't seem super noticeable in the 20 or so mins I watched.

Mar 12, 2009
Sens fans doing their usual playoff routine lol (albeit while the Leafs are doing their usual playoff routine too lol)

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
Not to nitpick, but his first two assists were pretty meh secondary PP assists (1st one was okay but still fairly routine), and his 3rd one (while a nice play) was in the 3rd period of a 7-2 game.

I didn't watch the whole game, but he didn't seem super noticeable in the 20 or so mins I watched.
Oh I know, to me that's Marner in a nutshell. Prolific point getter; but not the impact you need.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Way better D + 3 than Marner had. Not remotely close actually.
Your talking about stutzle right?

His D+3 for sure is better but way better is a bit misleading

Marner had 69 pts in 2018 in a league with 108 pt as the highest scorer

Stutzle had 90 i think with the league leader (same generational guy lol) at 153 pts

Marner his D+4 was 94 pts and 11th in pts and a top 15 producer. Will see if Stutzle is at that level and beyond moving forward

Stutzle is also a terribke defensive player. He will need to clean up on that when it comes the Sens time to be the choking team of Ontario

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Stutzle had 90 i think with the league leader (same generational guy lol) at 153 pts

What is this? I've never seen anyone do this.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Marner his D+4 was 94 pts and 11th in pts and a top 15 producer. Will see if Stutzle is at that level and beyond moving forward

Stutzle is also a terribke defensive player. He will need to clean up on that when it comes the Sens time to be the choking team of Ontario
There is nothing misleading about it Stutzle, had 39 goals and 90 points in 78 games while Marner had 69 in 82. Even with the GPG conversion he blew Marner away.

Secondly you have have absolutely no clue what you are talking about in regards to the defensive play of Stutzle. Stutzle's compete level is way harder and plays the more important position. At the same age he is a much better player than Marner. He is more explosive and has more upside. Yes he has to continue to progress but if you are actually watching him you know he isnt done.

I saw your posts before the series against the Lightning your expectations were for an easy series win for Toronto. They can clearly win the series especially with Tampas Injuries on defense. But you clearly cant be objective when the leafs are involved.

I would have waited until more than one game has been played before bumping this thread.
Marner had a bunch of secondary assists and some brutal turnovers that put them behind early. But this is still probably one of his best post season games he has ever had. I still think the leafs find a way to win this series tampa is so banged up. However it was a pathetic game 1 performance by the leafs big dogs.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

I wouldn’t say terrible defensively, started PKing around Christmas due to injuries, and ended up with 3 shorties, MM didn’t get any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad