• Mitch Marner

Votes: 416 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I'm not actually comparing them as players, but wouldn't you say that Michael Bunting plays the role Tkachuk does for defending his teammates?

Sorry did you just use a video (second one) of Bunting mixing it up, getting punched in the face, skating away from a scrum and then tossed off the ice by a linesman like Jazzy Jeff when Uncle Phil comes home to show he’s similar to Brady Tkachuk?

NyQuil is being diplomatic, but no, Bunting does not defend teammates anything like Brady Tkachuk does. His approach is more similar to Giroux maybe in that he steps in, yaps, maybe throws in a little stick work or gloved punches.

Nothing like Brady.

Reactions: bert

Trendkill101

May 27, 2013
Leafs fan voting Marner but it's a tough choice. Brady is one of my favorite non Leafs in the league, really like his game.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Put Brady and Mathew’s together let’s see what happens. We’d see exactly how far apart he is from Marner production wise

It would be much closer than Leaf fans want to admit

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Put Brady and Mathew’s together let’s see what happens. We’d see exactly how far apart he is from Marner production wise

In the 2017-18 season from the month of December when Marner was put on a 5v5 line with Nazem Kadri, he averaged 1.13 points per game, which is a 93 point annualized season.

In the 2018-19 season when Marner was on a 5v5 line the whole season with Tavares, he had 94 points in 82 games, with a 1.15 points per game.

So, he's proven that he can score points without Matthews.

Last edited:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
In the 2017-18 season from the month of December when Marner was put on a 5v5 line with Nazem Kadri, he averaged 1.13 points per game, which is a 93 point annualized season.

In the 2018-19 season when Marner was on a 5v5 line the whole season with Tavares, he had 94 points in 82 games, with a 1.15 points per game.

So, he's proven that he can score points without Matthews.

I didn’t say anything regarding Marners ability to score without Matthews. This was a Brady message

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I didn’t say anything regarding Marners ability to score without Matthews. This was a Brady message
Marner is a much better play maker than Brady ever will be. Do you honestly think Matthews gets 60 goals and 106 points with him on his line instead of Marner?

Ever since Marner's rookie season he's lead the Leafs in assists and is on his way to doing that again this season.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
This is ridiculous. Marner is miles ahead offensively and defensively. The only reason you would even think about picking Brady is because he's big, but that would be a terrible roster move. Pick the better player.
The better skilled player,I dont think anyone will argue this...And this was not a realistic poll,better comparable would be skill vrs skill

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Stutzle > Marner
giphy.gif

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
It’s nice to see Bunting standing up for his teammates.

It’s a bit of a different situation where he doesn’t have a fight at the NHL level and hasn’t actually dropped them since 2019-2020, while Tkachuk has 23 fights at the NHL level.

Depending on whether you think fighting is of any value in this area, Tkachuk has a bit of a leg up in that area.

You don’t necessarily want Tkachuk sitting for 5 minutes, but he has engaged players who have taken liberties in the past and it’s nice to have a bit of a deterrent in the top six.

Some people think that fighting is pointless at this stage, and I’m not a fan of the staged heavyweight fights, but having a guy that can go toe to toe can be a nice insurance policy if things go south.

I think fighting has value but Tkachuk is not a deterrent... he isn't going to stop any true heavyweight like Wilson, Reaves, or Deslauriers from taking runs. He does well in fights, but rarely fights anyone who you'd need to deter.

I like the player, but look at his dance card, it is 23 fights and maybe 5 of the guys are good fighters, not really any heavyweights.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

I keep getting told how good Tkachuk's linemates are... Sens fans need to decide which it is.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Just two fanbases throwing rocks at eachothers glass houses for 25 pages. Ill see myself out tho because mine is made out of glass aswell :laugh:

Yeah probably not a great thread for a fan whose team doesn’t have anyone as good as Tkachuk or Marner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad