Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part XI

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Brady is is in the ackward stage of his career where he is amazing, fans adore him, he’s doing everything he can but the fans have never seen his game translate to wins. Alfie went through the exact same thing here before he was “god” - fans loved the man like they love Brady now but there was always a vail between the fans and Alfie about is this the right guy to win with, he was Swedish (sounds weird saying that now), he wasn’t flashy, he had a small market vibe to him (unlike EK who had a big market vibe) - it wasn’t until he scored some big goals, led the team to the finals that he became “god”, it wasn’t until the fans saw his brand of hockey be matched by the team. Haven’t seen that from Brady, we see the skill and the talent, but we don’t see the team and the player fully integrated so the questions of “is this the guy” persist until he breaks through.

Similar to Matthew in Calgary, the player and the brand of hockey don’t match, not until Matthew got to Ottwa and the team played his style behind his leadership did he become who he is today.

Brady needs a chance to score some big goals, and carry the team. Until he does the questions about back checking, winning hockey, culture will be there. Love the guy, but he deserves “Gid” status and that only comes on the ice. Can’t do that with a microphone and a Karaoke machine.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Brady is is in the ackward stage of his career where he is amazing, fans adore him, he’s doing everything he can but the fans have never seen his game translate to wins. Alfie went through the exact same thing here before he was “god” - fans loved the man like they love Brady now but there was always a vail between the fans and Alfie about is this the right guy to win with, he was Swedish (sounds weird saying that now), he wasn’t flashy, he had a small market vibe to him (unlike EK who had a big market vibe) - it wasn’t until he scored some big goals, led the team to the finals that he became “god”, it wasn’t until the fans saw his brand of hockey be matched by the team. Haven’t seen that from Brady, we see the skill and the talent, but we don’t see the team and the player fully integrated so the questions of “is this the guy” persist until he breaks through.

Similar to Matthew in Calgary, the player and the brand of hockey don’t match, not until Matthew got to Ottwa and the team played his style behind his leadership did he become who he is today.

Brady needs a chance to score some big goals, and carry the team. Until he does the questions about back checking, winning hockey, culture will be there. Love the guy, but he deserves “Gid” status and that only comes on the ice. Can’t do that with a microphone and a Karaoke machine.
I personally want to see a better effort in the defensive zone this year. Especially his habit of cheating err anticipating the offensive opportunity too early at times

Reactions: Tuna99 and BigRig4

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I personally want to see a better effort in the defensive zone this year. Especially his habit of cheating err anticipating the offensive opportunity too early at times

I think a lot of that was DJ liked to have players cherry pick, but I know what you mean. i think so much success of the season is if the Brady/Stu line can outplay other teams both ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad