What teams are best set for contending the next 5yrs?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Usually after beeing in the finals or winning a cup, the team get worse because players wanna get paid. This is not the case for the Panthers. They are set for contending for a long time:

Barkov 10M/yr UFA 2030
Tkachuk 9,5M/yr UFA 2030
Reinhart 8,625M/yr UFA 2032
Verhaeghe 7M/yr UFA 2033
Lundell 5M/yr UFA 2030
ERod 3M/yr UFA 2027
Luostarinen 3M/yr UFA 2027

Forsling 5,75M/yr UFA 2032

That`s 7 of 9 topliners signed and their 1D for 51,875M. Ekblad is UFA 2025 and wont get a raise atleast, more likely he has to take a discount. Bobcop is off the books 2026. Panthers will have plenty of cash to keep the team at the top for yrs.

Comparision:

Oilers

McDavid 12,5M/yr UFA 2026 - will probably get 16-16,5M extension
Draisaitl 14M/yr UFA 2033
Hyman 5,5M/yr UFA 2028
RNH 5.125M/yr UFA 2029

Nurse 9.25M UFA 2030
Bouchard 3.9M RFA 2025M/yr - will get about 10M/yr extension

That`s 59,875M - 8M more for 1 player less. Not to talk about that every Panther actually compete, whereas Nurse not so much. Took Edmonton to compare, because they played eachother in the finals.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Great, another panthers thread where they pretend like they don’t benefit from low taxes.

“why don’t other teams just sign their players for below market value, are they drunk or something?”
I didnt see Bob sign for below market-value thoose years ago... And where do you think hockey-players make more money in commercials and marketing? Toronto, NYC, Edmonton or Florida?

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Great, another panthers thread where they pretend like they don’t benefit from low taxes.

“why don’t other teams just sign their players for below market value, are they drunk or something?”
Great , another crying Canadian thread where they pretend like they don't suffer from bad nepotism induced front management for almost 30 years country wide.

" Why don't other GM's just make better moves and trades , are they drunk or something?"

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I thought Steve Yzerman was the best GM in the league?

Oh wait that was when he was still in Tampa.

My mistake, it’s so hard to remember which GM benefits from low taxes these days!
Yzerman literally already had an insane roster. Zito didn’t. Zito made the roster excellent. You’re reaching so hard Becuase your team can’t win at all. Taxes dont benefit as much as you think. Endorsement deals in Canada are worth so much more but let’s not talk about that.

Reactions: Waterbuf

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Both love and hate the envy. Love it cause we were a joke most of our existence due to ownership and now have amazing ownership. Hate it because it’s LOADED with a lack of knowledge and zero desire to actually educate themselves.

Reactions: Ratsreign

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I thought Steve Yzerman was the best GM in the league?

Oh wait that was when he was still in Tampa.

My mistake, it’s so hard to remember which GM benefits from low taxes these days!
Is the ownership the same, Tampa has one of the best owners in the League. Are the scouts the same? Who’s Stamkos in Detroit?

And they’ve had issues with holding onto guys, or did you miss that they let their captain walk? That they had to move McDonaugh and bring him back? Hmmm, I don’t see Sergachev on that roster anymore. The list goes on.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
Both love and hate the envy. Love it cause we were a joke most of our existence due to ownership and now have amazing ownership. Hate it because it’s LOADED with a lack of knowledge and zero desire to actually educate themselves.
He didn't say your ownership was amazing though? Sounds like you wrote your last sentence for yourself lol.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
He didn't say your ownership was amazing though? Sounds like you wrote your last sentence for yourself lol.
So, did you miss the WHY we were a joke right before the amazing part? The team is the way it is because ownership has allowed Zito the freedom to spend to the cap, hand out long term contracts, they’ve invested in the facilities and the community…all things that go toward the signings we have.

Nope. Wrote it to help the uneducated, guess ya need it.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
So, did you miss the WHY we were a joke right before the amazing part? The team is the way it is because ownership has allowed Zito the freedom to spend to the cap, hand out long term contracts, they’ve invested in the facilities and the community…all things that go toward the signings we have.

Nope. Wrote it to help the uneducated, guess ya need it.
The man you responded to only pointed out an alleged advantage due to Florida state taxes. You ignored his point entirely and started your own discussion with a strawman, and then called him uneducated.

Are you ok?

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
The man you responded to only pointed out an alleged advantage due to Florida state taxes. You ignored his point entirely and started your own discussion with a strawman, and then called him uneducated.

Are you ok?
Are you? Tell me what you’re struggling with? Are Florida taxes keeping you up at night so much that you can’t understand that there’s FAR more to it than taxes and I’ve touched on that? Did you miss reply to his other post? You keep trying to be a smartass and can’t take a second to realize it’s all encompassing.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

Are you ok?
The guy he replied to ignores every other factor besides the tax situation. Panthers previous owners never reaped any benefits from their “tax advantage”. The team/organization was a joke that no good players wanted any part of. Now, with an owner who has spent the time and money to build a first class organization, it’s all because of “taxes”.

• Love
Reactions: Laus723

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
Are you? Tell me what you’re struggling with? Are Florida taxes keeping you up at night so much that you can’t understand that there’s FAR more to it than taxes and I’ve touched on that? Did you miss reply to his other post? You keep trying to be a smartass and can’t take a second to realize it’s all encompassing.
Why are you discussing with another strawman? I never argued any of this.

Taxes are surely a factor, as is weather and country (USA) along with everything else that can be a variable, such as whatever you discussed with our straw friends.

The guy he replied to ignores every other factor besides the tax situation. Panthers previous owners never reaped any benefits from their “tax advantage”. The team/organization was a joke that no good players wanted any part of. Now, with an owner who has spent the time and money to build a first class organization, it’s all because of “taxes”.
I don't disagree with you.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Why are you discussing with another strawman? I never argued any of this.

Taxes are surely a factor, as is weather and country (USA) along with everything else that can be a variable, such as whatever you discussed with our straw friends.
WTF are you taking about? Do you know straw man implies? You jumped into something without knowing what you’re talking about and for some reason are doubling down.

The guy I quoted is in other threads, that I’ve replied to, carrying on about taxes and refuses to listen to any other factors where are you getting anything straw man?

We WERE a joke due to prior ownership, we are no longer due to…amazing ownership. Taxes never benefitted us prior to Zito and current owners. It’s spelled out for you, take a moment to read it.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Why even pretend this a thread to solicit different opinions instead of just another Panthers glazing. Congrats on brining up the notion that the Panthers have the best contracts in the league, a previously unknown story to all. The only interesting part was trying to get away with calling guys like Luostarinen a "topliner???"

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Aside from FLA, DAL and NJ are the only teams "set up" for the next 5 years. Maybe Utah?

I don't buy the Pacific teams at all. I liked OTT's late resurgence last year but they're just too thin with what's coming from the pool. Buffalo...There's some The Who song about them. For CAR, a lot depends on their new blood.

Habs fans still do not realize how much further they have to go. Still 5-6 years out from being a serious team.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
It's disingenuous to suggest the low taxes do not benefit the team.

I will agree that to use this advantage you first have to make a great team. UFAs want to stay on great teams.
Then you use the tax benefit to continue to be a good team.

Anyways Florida Panthers have to be up there.

I also like the Dallas Stars as an option for the next 5 years

5 years so much can happen. Does Montreal or Ottawa take that huge step. Does Vancouver maintain dominance

How does Edmonton navigate the cap.
And I know we point at how they pay players more. McDavid and Draisaitl deserve the pay coming to them. Top 5 players.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
It's disingenuous to suggest the low taxes do not benefit the team.

I will agree that to use this advantage you first have to make a great team. UFAs want to stay on great teams.
Then you use the tax benefit to continue to be a good team.

Anyways Florida Panthers have to be up there.

I also like the Dallas Stars as an option for the next 5 years

5 years so much can happen. Does Montreal or Ottawa take that huge step. Does Vancouver maintain dominance

How does Edmonton navigate the cap.
And I know we point at how they pay players more. McDavid and Draisaitl deserve the pay coming to them. Top 5 players.
No one’s arguing that it’s not a contributing factor, but it’s actually disingenuous to point to that as the only, or biggest for that matter, factor.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i don't mean to derail the conversation about taxes, but...the devils (biased) utah if they put it all together. ditto for the sabres, but lmao they won't. possibly the habs.

• Haha
Reactions: Rubi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad