Dylan Guenther or Juraj Slafkovsky?

Who will be the better player long term?

• Dylan Guenther and it's not even close

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Dylan Guenther but it's close

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Equal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Juraj Slafkovsky but it's close

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Juraj Slafkovsky and it's not even close

Votes: 16 26.7%

• Total voters

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Think they'll put up similar point totals, but Slaf's physicality/defense potential (Already trusted to hold leads at the end of games) makes this him comfortably

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
If both score 70/80 points in ther prime give me the power forward over the sniper

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Aww yeah time to start the assumption that Guenther not throwing hits means he will never be good defensively, and that throwing hits inherently makes you a "two way" player

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Aww yeah time to start the assumption that Guenther not throwing hits means he will never be good defensively, and that throwing hits inherently makes you a "two way" player

Throwing hits isn't why people like Slafs defensive game. He strips pucks of people effortlessly on the regular, at 20 years old that's insanely impressive.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Throwing hits isn't why people like Slafs defensive game. He strips pucks of people effortlessly on the regular, at 20 years old that's insanely impressive.
And yet both people in this thread above me used hits/physicality/"power forward" to justify their choice.

Neither are good defensively at this point. Both have shown promise, both are wingers who will have limited defensive impact regardless.

In fact I'd give Guenther the edge defensively at this point because he's been more disciplined, taking penalties at a little over half the rate of Slaf (who had one of the worst penalty differentials in hockey, and in terms of on ice, he gives up less shots, shot attempts, and expected goals than Slaf. (and zone starts aren't particularly relevant, but Slaf had a 16%-11% split, and guenther had a 10%-10% split).

So again, the assumption that Guenther will not be good defensively, and Slaf will, is based on stereotypes about players who don't hit.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I think that Slafkovsky is more talented, while also being a huge f***ing unit: 6'4", 220 lbs+

Good with puck protection, defensive assignment, solid vision, solid shot, yada yada

Guenther is a great player himself, but if you have the choice between the two of them, it's pretty obvious IMO who you should take

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I think they'll produce similarly, but I'll take Juraj given the 30+ pound difference.

Think people sleep on Slaf because MTL put him in the show faster than he should've been, which made him look lackluster. Sometimes that damages development. Sometimes it doesn't.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Slafkovsky. Somewhere between close and not close, but clearly.

Spoken like somebody totally clueless about Slafkovsky's game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad