Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part XI

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
if they trade brady this year or even within the next2-3 years i am done with this ownership. they already went cheap on head coach green that would be final nail in coffin to me to prove there no better then eugene

lol “the final nail”
Using only two nails on your coffin to allow for an easy escape?

I’d also love for you to tell us all how much Green is making?

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Every player doesn't get to play on a winning, Cup-caliber team.

Let's just say that Brady does ask out. Does that mean that Timmy and Jake are next? We just have to trade players wherever they like?

I understand the frustration of players, but the reality is they get paid to play and we pay to watch - who exactly is the most frustrated?

Let's see what moves are made between now and camp and then let's wait to see if we have any pleasant surprises in camp. Finally, let's see what Green does to the structure and discipline of the team and what impact it has on the standings.

It's a time to be bullish. Norris will come back and be the player he was, Timmy will be healthy and put up 100+ points, Sandy will be a Norris candidate, Chabot will be a 60+ point transition monster, etc...

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Every player doesn't get to play on a winning, Cup-caliber team.

Let's just say that Brady does ask out. Does that mean that Timmy and Jake are next? We just have to trade players wherever they like?

I understand the frustration of players, but the reality is they get paid to play and we pay to watch - who exactly is the most frustrated?

Let's see what moves are made between now and camp and then let's wait to see if we have any pleasant surprises in camp. Finally, let's see what Green does to the structure and discipline of the team and what impact it has on the standings.

It's a time to be bullish. Norris will come back and be the player he was, Timmy will be healthy and put up 100+ points, Sandy will be a Norris candidate, Chabot will be a 60+ point transition monster, etc...
Sorry but what about this past season leads a fan to be bullish? The odds are that Norris will be a middling, overpaid 2nd line player with a bad shoulder and Chabot will be a 40-50pt defensive liability. I agree Timmy will bounce back. I can see Sanderson having a Heiskanen-like impact on the game. But the rest of the team is a huge question mark...we are so far away from the final 4 teams in these playoffs lol.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Sorry but what about this past season leads a fan to be bullish? The odds are that Norris will be a middling, overpaid 2nd line player with a bad shoulder and Chabot will be a 40-50pt defensive liability. I agree Timmy will bounce back. I can see Sanderson having a Heiskanen-like impact on the game. But the rest of the team is a huge question mark...we are so far away from the final 4 teams in these playoffs lol.
It's the off season. If you can't be bullish now, when there is only hope, then you never will be.

I am not saying we should be Conference finalists next year, nor do I believe I suggested it, but I do think playoffs is reasonable.

Norris was treated by a surgeon with a great track record and surgery was completed in time for him to (apparently) be ready for training camp. Chabot was already playing better to finish the season, and with better coaching and accountability, could keep up that play.

It really will come down to goaltending IMO. As the statistics showed last season, with simply league average 'tending, the Senators are right there.

As for other items, I think our bottom 6 can be better with a full season of Pinto and Greig more mature, plus a potential boost from Crookshank or Otsapchuk. If Kleven is ready then our bottom pairing is more imposing.

A few small upgrades along with a better save% can have a pretty significant impact.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
This is pointless Brady to Toronto trade discussion and it’s Kypreos so maybe grain of salt here but these two points are interesting nonetheless:

- Sens are frustrated with Brady’s development as a captain
- Giroux and Tkachuk conflict

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
This is pointless Brady to Toronto trade discussion and it’s Kypreos so maybe grain of salt here but these two points are interesting nonetheless:

This seems like utter nonsense and just throwing sh!t against the wall to see what response they could get.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

He says frustration "within Ottawa", which - to give him the benefit of the doubt, here - likely mean's within the fanbase and market, not within the organization. There are definitely some people in the market who've turned on the guy.

But overall, these are just radio guys filling time on the air, using a debunked rumour as a jumping off point.

Reactions: Icelevel

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
This seems like utter nonsense and just throwing sh!t against the wall to see what response they could get.
I don’t know that it’s utter nonsense. Staios himself alluded to friction in the room. I think they can both have conflict and not hate each other, it’s not as though it’s some deep character flaw by either if they butt heads.

Just like Brady can be a good captain and leader but have room for growth that frustrates the people in charge.

There is enough noise about this that it’s at least worth consideration. I’d be surprised if everything was great after 7 years of losing and new management with different personalities taking over.

**I’m not saying it’s true. Just worth considering. I also don’t think it’s a big deal, if we start winning we all know this noise will go away.

He says frustration "within Ottawa", which - to give him the benefit of the doubt, here - likely mean's within the fanbase and market, not within the organization. There are definitely some people in the market who've turned on the guy.

But overall, these are just radio guys filling time on the air, using a debunked rumour as a jumping off point.
I mean I suppose. I don’t think they were talking about the fanbase given that right after that they immediately jumped to Giroux and Brady.

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
It's not about Brady asking for a trade it's about his contract running out and the team still not having any success. He will probably ask absurd amount of money or be willing to walk himself to FA to see his options.

In which case it would be in the Senators best interest to trade him before that point.

He also can very easily return more value than what he provides us. Not hard to imagine some team willing to overpay for him.

It's also not hard to imagine Giroux being pissed at our young core.

Bet Martin, Alfredsson, Giroux, Staois all are. This new gen, especially ours is soft and spoiled.

Reactions: Loach

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

I don't think anyone has "turned on the guy". Generally, when people expect more out of someone, it's because they believe there's more there that they're not getting. It's a rather solid belief in the person, as a whole. If people are turning on the guy, it's because they believe he is what he is and it will never change for the better. And I haven't seen language that would be consistent with that belief.

Personally, I think Brady has a lot of growing to do. I think it was mostly a mistake to give him the captaincy at such a young age. His play on the ice can frequently be polarized, which is indicative of a lack of consistency and maturity (common theme for a young team).

I could also very easily believe there's friction within the organization. Whether it's between him and certain teammates or him and the higher ups. It's to be expected after such a dismal season, which was a huge step back for everyone.

Reactions: Relapsing

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Not just medias fault but also the brain dead that go repeating and spreading as fact. Over reaction is the name of the game nowadays.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
This is a classic case of the media trying to create content. They start a bizarre rumour and then ask the parties involved to comment on their own fantasies. Then they say 'Oh there must be something to it because the GM is denying it. We'll keep digging.'
It's irresponsible journalism. Total garbage.
I mean in that very same clip they say Ottawa wouldn’t trade Brady, so I’m not sure why it’s irresponsible.

Staios in his end of season presser said that experiencing conflict is good and you need it so you can learn how to repair. So if our GM is acknowledging the conflict in the room, why aren’t we?

If the media was saying Brady is a terrible captain and him and Giroux can’t be on the same team next year I think that’s irresponsible. Saying they might not be best friends and Ottawa wants more out of Brady isn’t exactly slanderous.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
It's a good thing.

Who wants a losing team to be happy? There should be friction. One of the big problems was this team and players was okay with losing because they are playing with their friends and have secured the bag. Probably the biggest reason this roster has done nothing.

Can you guys imagine the 1998-2008 and 2010 - 2018 Sens being as okay with losing as this core is?

Glad that attitude might be changing.

Reactions: Hale The Villain

thammias

Feb 8, 2006
I mean in that very same clip they say Ottawa wouldn’t trade Brady, so I’m not sure why it’s irresponsible.

Staios in his end of season presser said that experiencing conflict is good and you need it so you can learn how to repair. So if our GM is acknowledging the conflict in the room, why aren’t we?

If the media was saying Brady is a terrible captain and him and Giroux can’t be on the same team next year I think that’s irresponsible. Saying they might not be best friends and Ottawa wants more out of Brady isn’t exactly slanderous.
As long as the conflict doesn't involve wives, girlfriends or Ubers it's a nothing burger. Lol. I would hope professional athletes get ticked off and pissed with each other when they lose so much. Conflict leads to processes and resolutions to be better. You don't need to be best friends to have amazing working trusting relationships with coworkers or teammates. In fact being too buddy buddy might delay the tough love sometimes needed to be better.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
This Brady bedwetting seems a little much. If Melnyk and Dorion were still running things then i could see the issue. Like Stone seeing dark times ahead, i dont hold it against him too much for wanting out.

But Brady is not going to want out. This is his team. They know they can get there and they arent even really entering their window yet. We have a professional, competent management focused on the goal. It would be ridiculous for him to want out now because it's hard. It would look really bad on him. And we could just bench for him 2 years like Yashin until we got the deal we wanted since he would be forcing the rebuild anyway. Makes no sense at all.

I think you're projecting your view on management onto Brady.

Reactions: jhutter

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
One of the many justifications for the sell off starting in 2018 was that the room was broken. Very ironic.

What I think most of these kids need is the NHL to bring in a regulation system so that some of these stars who were fast tracked to the NHL can experience reality. The moment they are staying in shared accommodations and are forced to eat homemade egg salad sandwiches in the back of a Greyhound because they do not get an NHL pier diem, they will stop caring about running shoes and start taking our great game of hockey seriously.

They need to bring Scott Sabourin back to set them straight.

He won't have to explicitly ask out. If we suck again, then in January Nick Kypreos will say he is going to be traded, people will call him a hack, then a month later the real insiders will be comfortable enough to start hinting at it.

Then we will get the TSN pieces where Garrioch executes his order 66 on Brady, "Brady was always advertised as a great leader but the numbers don't lie and even with Mr Melnyk's willingness to spend to the cap floor, Brady was never able to lead this team to the playoffs and maybe both sides would benefit with a change of scenery."

Then he gets traded to the Golden Knights...

He doesn't have to ask for a trade because the team isn't going to risk going into July 1st 2025 with Brady even remotely unhappy because if he asks for a trade after that point with his NMC active, they will get pennies on the dollar in a trade.

Dammit, sorry guys. This wasn't supposed to happen until January.

We have to keep Garrioch off TSN at all costs if we want to keep Brady.

• Haha
Reactions: PlayOn

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
One of the many justifications for the sell off starting in 2018 was that the room was broken. Very ironic.

What I think most of these kids need is the NHL to bring in a regulation system so that some of these stars who were fast tracked to the NHL can experience reality. The moment they are staying in shared accommodations and are forced to eat homemade egg salad sandwiches in the back of a Greyhound because they do not get an NHL pier diem, they will stop caring about running shoes and start taking our great game of hockey seriously.

They need to bring Scott Sabourin back to set them straight.

Dammit, sorry guys. This wasn't supposed to happen until January.

We have to keep Garrioch off TSN at all costs if we want to keep Brady.
Excuses from an inept ownership/management group.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00