Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 4 - A new hope

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Wasnt Aho always a natural C though? Looks like the switch paid off, he's killing it this year.

No he wasn't. He did play C at the WJC with Laine and Puljujarvi though and some games here and there when he played in Finland but he was primarly a winger

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Aho switched to C lately for the Canes after being a winger.

Not easy to do and not common but doable.
True. And I think hockey sense is a big part of it. Which is why a guy like Galchenyuk struggled mightily. Brady is super smart and the puck follows him around. He is an excellent skater. Just weak and still a baby.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What a great shot!
senators-bruins-hockey-7.jpg

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Brady as step up his play since the trade deadline, IMO.

That's a nice positive for such a young player.

He has and I think that a part of it was he became complacent playing along Stone. He figured out a role early and stuck to it but without Stone he looks more engaged and willing to hold the puck.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He has and I think that a part of it was he became complacent playing along Stone. He figured out a role early and stuck to it but without Stone he looks more engaged and willing to hold the puck.
Good take. I agree

You'll never learn to drive sitting in the passenger seat which is where he was sitting playing with Stone

Reactions: WaitingInVain

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Pretty solid numbers. Playing decently without Stone too.
Yup he’s back to the Brady from the start of the year or just about.
More goals than his bro at same age already. A 20-20 guy at 18 no reason he can’t becone a 30-30 or even 40-40 guy.
Again people saying he wouldn’t score and wouldn’t be more than a third liner were very wrong

Looking forward to the next couple of years of progression from him. Should be fun

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
More goals than his bro at same age already. A 20-20 guy at 18 no reason he can’t becone a 30-30 or even 40-40 guy.
Again people saying he wouldn’t score and wouldn’t be more than a third liner were very wrong

Looking forward to the next couple of years of progression from him. Should be fun
Hilarious how people thought he would be nothing special before he even played a single NHL game.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

His development curve as he gets stronger and fills out his body which inevitably will help his skating from a strength, power and agility perspective should make him a serious force as a player. Love the edge he brings to the table will hopefully be a great player here for a long time.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
He's a leader. He will get the C sooner or later.

Trent Mann said as much at the draft, called him the future captain of the Ottawa Senators.

I found that comment quite in poor taste considering EK was still on the team then, but yeah I expect Brady to be the captain as soon as next season.

Hopefully he can lead us to places

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I'd rather have Zadina just on principle that he doesn't come with the excess baggage of being part of a hockey family and probably has a less physical game as well. Tkachuk will be very useful to the Sens though. It's not incorrect to have picked either player, honestly.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'd rather have Zadina just on principle that he doesn't come with the excess baggage of being part of a hockey family and probably has a less physical game as well. Tkachuk will be very useful to the Sens though. It's not incorrect to have picked either player, honestly.

Magic Beans

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Realistically? A 20-30G, 50-60P power winger in the Simmonds mold.

Could be a 60-70P guy if all goes well, or a 40-50P guy if his offense stagnates.

Idk about that. Simmonds plays a hard game with a bean pole frame. Tkachuk is going to be much bigger and much harder to handle. He's already playing at a 20g+ 50p pace. I've got to think he improves on those numbers significantly. I can't see his offence stagnating at his 18 year old pace.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I just hope we dont screw up with him as we have done with so much of our talent,when they come looking for their fair shake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad