Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 4 - A new hope

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
AT this point in time Batherson is a much better player than Thachuk. There is no way Tkachuk could do what Batherson has been doing in the AHL

Given the same leash and opportunity as Tkachuk as been given this year with the big club, I am pretty sure Batherson would've accomplished more.

I won't judge Batherson's game until he gets a fair opportunity for a longer stretch on the first 2 lines, playing significant minutes with better players.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
AT this point in time Batherson is a much better player than Thachuk. There is no way Tkachuk could do what Batherson has been doing in the AHL

Given the same leash and opportunity as Tkachuk as been given this year with the big club, I am pretty sure Batherson would've accomplished more.

I won't judge Batherson's game until he gets a fair opportunity for a longer stretch on the first 2 lines, playing significant minutes with better players.
How do you know there is no way he could do what Batherson is doing in the AHL? He looked better or at least the same as Batherson in the NHL. He’s also two years younger to boot. You’re underselling Tkachuk.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

That's a bold take.

drake looks visibly weaker/slower. but yea height/weight is a pretty bad measure when just watching them is sufficient.

they both need to develop the physical components but more so Drake.

Sure Drake is less NHL ready that much is clear and he does have to develop more physically than Tkachuk but that doesn't mean physically he will ever be near Tkachuk. There's also no guarantee he will learn to use his body the way Tkachuk is able to as well. You can see with Tkachuk despite him not being all that strong on his skates he knows how to come away with the puck, he knows how to use his body, that in itself is a skill and not something you just figure out by getting stronger. There's a very good chance Batherson becomes an impact player but I dont think he will ever have the skating or physical tools to be that player who can drive a line.

Reactions: swiftwin

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
How do you know there is no way he could do what Batherson is doing in the AHL? He looked better or at least the same as Batherson in the NHL. He’s also two years younger to boot. You’re underselling Tkachuk.

Batherson is straight destroying the league as a rookie because of his top end skill set. Tkachuck doesn't have the same offensive skillset so I doubt he would be producing like Batherson in the AHL.

Just because Brady is the better NHLer at the moment doesnt mean he would be the better AHLer.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Batherson is straight destroying the league as a rookie because of his top end skill set. Tkachuck doesn't have the same offensive skillset so I doubt he would be producing like Batherson in the AHL.

Just because Brady is the better NHLer at the moment doesnt mean he would be the better AHLer.
I would not say you’re wrong, I just don’t see how anyone can make that claim due to the fact that Tkachuk has never played in the AHL. Tkachuk is still further ahead as a prospect than Batherson at the same age.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Nice to see that despite losing Stone on his line Brady is still producing. He is embracing the role of being one of our better offensive players we’ll for a rookie.

Reactions: Clayonator

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

I always find these types of posts funny. Armchair internet guys pontificating on why their beliefs are more real. If only the pro talent assessors could see what you see.

At this point in time Tkachuk has 15 goals in the NHL in hIs draft +1 year in the NHL. Batherson is in hIs draft +2 year playing In the AHL. They are completely different types of players.

I don't know if Tkachuk could put up the points Batherson is putting up in the AHL. but i do know from watching hockey that at this point in time Tkachuk belongs in the NHL and Batherson does not.

Last edited:

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I always find these types of posts funny. Armchair internet guys pontificating on why their beliefs are more real. If only the pro talent assessors could see what you see.

At this point in time Tkachuk has 15 goals in the NHL in hIs draft +1 year in the NHL. Batherson is in hIs draft +2 year playing In the AHL. They are completely different types of players.

I don't know if Tkachuk could put up the points Batherson is putting up in the AHL. but i do know from watching hockey that at this point in time Tkachuk belongs in the NHL and Batherson does not.

Don't get your feelings hurt if Batherson is better than Tkachuk.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005

No way. Just no.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
There is no way Tkachuk could do what Batherson has been doing in the AHL

It works both ways though, there's no way Batherson could have done what Tkachuk is doing in the NHL right now either. Personally I don't think there's a wrong answer between them. These guys are the top-two forwards in the organization now and should be be here for a long time. We should be happy with both guys, as they've both shown a ton of progression this season.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005

It's hilarious. Everyone thought he was a 3rd/4th liner at best before the draft.

I don't know why people are still shitting on Tkachuk. Maybe it's an element of the "shiny new thing" that isn't on our NHL team yet in Batherson. We've seen Tkachuk play in the NHL, we've seen him on a cold streak. But Batherson? He can be anything!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Could say the same to you, the other way around.. I don't see posters bashing Batherson the way you seem to go out of your way to bash Tkachuk. Seems to me you could be the one with their feelings hurt. IMO both are good young players and will play different roles. Tkachuk will be a physical beast , really tough to handle below the hash marks and other parts of his game will improve. Batherson is a top 6 skill guy that can make plays and score. Very different styles. Both can be important players.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
Stone was one of the room breakers, not surprised...

Yes Dorion is very proud for getting rid of all the locker room cancer, that is why it's okay for him to go into the locker room and let everyone know their play is unacceptable and no excuses. Next time it will be Eugene with the egg again. Lol

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Could say the same to you, the other way around.. I don't see posters bashing Batherson the way you seem to go out of your way to bash Tkachuk. Seems to me you could be the one with their feelings hurt. IMO both are good young players and will play different roles. Tkachuk will be a physical beast , really tough to handle below the hash marks and other parts of his game will improve. Batherson is a top 6 skill guy that can make plays and score. Very different styles. Both can be important players.

First of all I can bash Tkachuk all I want - I do not need anyone's permission. He may be a superstar and a franchise player for you, he's not for me. Grow up and don't take it too personal when someone bash you favorite player. Be a fan - don't be baby

How am I getting my feelings hurt? - Bash Batherson all you want I won't care at all except reply in hockey related terms, rather throwing a fit. Only Tkachuk "homers" here are the one getting their feelings hurt and start crying like little babies. I wonder how old are these Tkachuk homers? 13? 14? They can't handle anyone bashing Tkachuk.

You people need to learn to handle a different opinion, or it's just too much to ask from teenagers now a days?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I've done a complete 180 on Tkachuk. Love the kid, and I think the next 3 years are going to be fun watching him develop. He has to do two things:

• Fill out his frame
• Work on his balance (which will primarily come from getting stronger)

Both are super attainable. He's not going to wow you like Kucherov, Draisaitl, etc, but I think he's going to develop into one of the most valuable guys any team could have.

Will we ever surround him with other stars so he can win in the playoffs (in today's league, you need 4-6 legitimate stars to compete)? Probably not with this ownership, so that sucks. But that's not Tkachuk's fault.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

This is wrong.

#1. Tkachuk and Batherson are very different players, so while yes, Tkachuk likely wouldn't be doing what Batherson is at the AHL level, Batherson couldn't do what Tkachuk is doing at the NHL level.
#2. Batherson has a lot of strengths (ability to capitalize on his scoring chances being one), but he also has lot's of weaknesses: lack of strength, can be caught floating, etc.

You can argue that Batherson might turn out to be a better scorer than Tkachuk, but his weaknesses would be a bigger problem in the NHL right now than Brady's. So no, he likely wouldn't have accomplished more.

Reactions: Deku

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I think every fan would love to have two really good players. If Batherson turns out to be a 30 goal, 80 point guy and BT is a 25 goal 70 point guy then we all should be happy.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
First of all I can bash Tkachuk all I want - I do not need anyone's permission. He may be a superstar and a franchise player for you, he's not for me. Grow up and don't take it too personal when someone bash you favorite player. Be a fan - don't be baby

How am I getting my feelings hurt? - Bash Batherson all you want I won't care at all except reply in hockey related terms, rather throwing a fit. Only Tkachuk "homers" here are the one getting their feelings hurt and start crying like little babies. I wonder how old are these Tkachuk homers? 13? 14? They can't handle anyone bashing Tkachuk.

You people need to learn to handle a different opinion, or it's just too much to ask from teenagers now a days?

My take is that you are the guy coming off as a 13 year old. Maybe that's just me. Your views are kind of reminiscent of grade school kids arguing over whose dad is the strongest.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

Grade 2 called, it wants its arguments back

WaitingInVain

Jul 5, 2012

The only childish argument here is this one.

Different players. Different skill-sets.

We can argue why one player will be better - or more important to team success - than the other, but at this point it is a projection of future ability and production. No one is right or wrong, we are simply sharing opinions that cannot be proved at this moment in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad