Proposal: Brady Tkachuk 4 Kaprizov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Honestly I don't know how to feel. Both should have similar value. Ideally you have them play together. I could see both teams saying yes, or both teams saying no.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Only because he's from North America. Kaprizov is a much more dynamic player than Tkachuk will ever be.
It has nothing to do with where they’re from (are you under the impression the NHL has no good or popular European players?) and “dynamic” isn’t really the issue.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
How many players have those teams developed? Ottawa has a better track record than the two of those teams combined. Hell, Ottawa has had more playoff success the past 5 years than any team mentioned in this thread. I don't know why people are saying Ottawa doesn't have a bright future - they easily have one of the best in the league. The issue is once they finally get over the hump is prolonged success due to Menlyk being a cheap ass.

granted they've had more success--won three series to Wild's two--but the Wild have been in the playoffs 7 of the last 10 years without any player close to Kaprizov's skill level on the team. Ottawa for sure SHOULD have a bright future but being certain of it is pretty optimistic.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
granted they've had more success--won three series to Wild's two--but the Wild have been in the playoffs 7 of the last 10 years without any player close to Kaprizov's skill level on the team. Ottawa for sure SHOULD have a bright future but being certain of it is pretty optimistic.

Personally I think a prime Suter + Parise brought more than Kaprizov. Also I’d say making the conference finals is quite a bit more impressive than winning a few rounds in the quarter finals or simply making the playoffs.

Nothing is certain, I personally just believe Ottawa has a brighter future than Minnesota - a large portion of that has to do with all that dead cap space though. It’s very unfortunate timing to get Kaprizov the same year as buying out Parise + Suter.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Personally I think a prime Suter + Parise brought more than Kaprizov. Also I’d say making the conference finals is quite a bit more impressive than winning a few rounds in the quarter finals or simply making the playoffs.

Nothing is certain, I personally just believe Ottawa has a brighter future than Minnesota - a large portion of that has to do with all that dead cap space though. It’s very unfortunate timing to get Kaprizov the same year as buying out Parise + Suter.

Fair enough--i'm not one of the people who thought signing Parise and Suter was a mistake even in hindsight--but I'd value consistently "good" better than great for a year. Our big question mark is how well the Offense (w/Kaprizov and hopefully Rossi) can make up for the hit we took in defensive depth losing Suter and Soucy. Our dead cap is going to suck but if worse comes to worse and Kaprizov is elsewhere we should collect a few very high picks and come back into the full cap world with a lot of room to trade for or sign someone. As it is I expect more of the same--one of the last playoff spots.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Ottawa has a brighter future than Minnesota IMO. Even in melnyk doesn't want to spend the cap the wild CAN'T spend time the cap with 13M+ in dead space for 3 years after this one.
Oh its not a knock on Ottawa. He’s saying the same to Minny in my opinion. I really feel he’s gunning for the quickest path towards the bright lights of a major US city. Hence the refusal to sign a long term deal to this point.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Kap is the far superior player but if we’re able to lock up Tkachuk for 6 years + I’d rather him.

Looking for Kap to have Panarin like progression in this league.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Kaprizov is easily better, but may be harder to negociate with and/or keep longer

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Ottawa has a brighter future than Minnesota IMO. Even in melnyk doesn't want to spend the cap the wild CAN'T spend time the cap with 13M+ in dead space for 3 years after this one.

...... Have you seen our prospect list?!

This team will make playoffs or be damn close all 4 of these buyout years.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
This kinda makes sense.
Makes sens better now and Tkachuk would probably be more willing to sign 8 years for less with an American team.
(I'm one of those wierdos who is convinced he wants to play in America)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad